How do I do it?

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

How do I do it?

Postby englishbob » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:09 pm

I have had RWFF installed and registered on my computer since June 2007, despite my installing updates etc I still get constant errors, and close downs, gr failures etc. So I want to uninstall and reinstall the game, however there is no uninstall icon, and the game does not appear in the "Add and Remove" programme.

Can some one advise me how best to remove the entire programme, and reinstall it afresh using my exsisting code for which I paid. I am reluctant to just delete the folder as that is bound to leave bits in the registery.

I find it very frustrating to be in the middle of the game only for it to close down telling me there is a gr failure, and would I like to tell Microsoft about it.

HELP anyone
englishbob

Re: How do I do it?

Postby richwest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Englishbob,

You can delete the game by just removing the complete folder.

What system are you running? XP or Vista?

Do you have updated to version 120?

Are you missing any sound or fish folders?

Pease check, if you're missing any files or updates, the program will terminate on that by saying gr has stopped.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby englishbob » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Thank you for the advice Rich, I am running XP AMD64x2 with 2gb memory. I have installed all the available updates to 120 but dont have all the fishing locations added. I assume after I've deleted the folder, I will need to download the Demo version and submit my registration number when asked for. Will I need to reinstall the updates as well? or just the latest 120?
englishbob

Postby richwest » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Englishbob,

No, Just update 120 will do.

When you install custom outings, be sure to have all needed sounds files, fish files and so installed.

There are outings in split packs so be sure to install both files for these.

If you got all needed files, it should run fine, without crashing.

Regards Richard.
richwest

Postby richwest » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:01 pm

PS.

Be sure when you start up the game, it shows V120 B:80328 at the right bottom in the selection screen.
Last edited by richwest on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richwest

Postby Cutch » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Bob,
Rich gave you some very good advice.
Here's what I would do: (Folks, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of my advice...thanks)
1. Delete the PISTECH folder
2. Install the Demo
3. Open the Demo and type in your key for the full game that Paul sent you.
3. Install the latest update (120)

Don't install any custom content until you open the game and try the full game first. Fish all the maps, try the different rods, lines, flies, etc. If the full version doesn't play now, I'm at a loss why it won't?

If the full game plays without any problems, you can now download and install custom maps, etc. When You do this, put the Outings in the Outing folder inside the RWFF game folder. (Make sure everything is unzipped first.)
Put any new created fish in the FISH folder, new sounds in the SOUND folder, and custom flies in the FLIES folder, etc.
Cutch

Postby paul » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:05 am

A little clarification there:

The demo of RWFF is a separate program from the full version. The full version activation code won't work on the demo, and none of the add-on or custom outings, flies, etc. will work on the demo version. The update to version 120 is also strictly for the full version.

It doesn't hurt anything to have both the demo and full version installed, though. Just install them to two different folders.

If you're still having trouble with the full version and you think it might be due to some bad files from add-on content, I'd try redownloading and reinstalling the full version to a new folder. Register, update to version 120, and make sure that works. Then you can copy over add-ons from your original installation. I'd do all the fish, food and fly folders first, make sure the game still works, then move over outings one at a time.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support