purchasing cd

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

purchasing cd

Postby samoyedsrule » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:46 am

this is going to sound like a stupid question,but i really want this game.and i want to purchase the cd version.my wife is apprehensiv eabout games on the computer.is there any possible problems that could hurt the computer when i install the game?please let me know,because i really really want this game.
thanks
harry
samoyedsrule

Postby dcarp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:05 am

Hello Samoyedsrule,

There are very few computer related issues that you will need to be concerned about..........

HOWEVER, you will need to be concerned about your relationship with your spouse, kids, relatives, co-workers etc becuase this game is EXTREMELY addictive! Once you have it you will not want to do anything else by play for a very long time.

The game is bad enough, but once you start exploring this forum, and our clubhouse, you'll discover that there are new places to fish created by the members, new species to try and catch, interesting reading, great friends to be made (and chat with), etc. etc.

You are about to enter a whole new world. If you buy this game you become part of our family (sometimes dysfuntional) spread out all over the globe. We disagree and argue, we laugh and tease, but we share a common bond that makes it feel like home.

Welcome and enter at your own risk! :D We'd love to have you on board.

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected financially to the game or to Pishtech, I'm just another rabid fan!

DCarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby wasteelhunter » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:57 am

One thing to keep in mind, commercially distributed software (such as this game) is generally inherantly safe to install. Psitech is a for profit business and as such the distribution of software which in ANY way could harm your computer would be descimating to business. Therefore it is in the interest of the developer / publisher to make absolutely sure that the game is safe else he will find himself out of business rather quickly.

With that said I would have to agree with DCarp once you get into RWFF you can easly get addicted with all there is to do, fishing for trohpies for the clubhouse, contests, new outtins and chatting with fishermen/women all over the globe.

Anyway, hope this bit of info helps you making your decision.

Jerome
(wasteelhunter)
wasteelhunter

Postby samoyedsrule » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:43 pm

thanks guys,
thats it.this game is mine.my wife needlepoints and knits,i will have real world fly fishing.life is good
harry
samoyedsrule

Postby nccorthu » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:29 pm

However you load the game the only problem you'll have is that the wife will surely be turned into a widow as you play it and play it and play it. Try to keep it under 8 hrs a day otherwise you will think its your job. The wife won't get any money and will divorce you.

True there is a small learning curve but I have not seen anything so well constructed as what Paul has put out.
Why you even "tie" flies and can build your own outings to share etc. etc.

Yes its addictive. :) :D
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby richwest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Harry,

If you get addicted as much as Dave (Dcarp) and I,

Your wife is gonna have a lot of time to knit, computer will be
occupied most of the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When i get home from work, first thing is check the forum.
Next, i kiss my wife and son, go eat dinner, get back upstairs
and be there for most of the evening, doing, you guess what!

I'm busy on developing an creating various things for our community
and the game.

So, to keep your live as easy as it was, don't buy RWFF :lol: :lol: :lol:

Else, I wish you a good time with our community and you enjoy the game!

Regards Richard from The Netherlands
richwest

Postby samoyedsrule » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 pm

you guys are great.i like this forum already.my wife will be ok (i hope)ha ha
harry
samoyedsrule

Postby wasteelhunter » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 am

nccorthu wrote:Try to keep it under 8 hrs a day otherwise you will think its your job.

Wiat a minute... you mean to say this ISN'T my job?!?

Guess that explains why my bank account is in the negatives, the landlord keeps pounding on the door, the lights jsut went out, I'm shivering and I've been eating toothpaste for the last month.

Anyway, welcome to the community, I wish you many hours of good fishing. I gotta get back to work now...

Jerome
wasteelhunter

Return to Real World Fly Fishing