*New Outing* - Sault Ste. Marie (St. Mary's River) in ON, CA

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Postby taupo_tiger » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:42 pm

hi carol and richard,

that may be - but since it is me who caught one i hope dave will allow me to propose to let the prize in the pot for the first on expert mode

:)
Last edited by taupo_tiger on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taupo_tiger

Postby richwest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm

taupo,

I think that's a noble gesture and Dave will do so if you want!

I maybe would have done the same.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby wasteelhunter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:09 am

Wow, congrats on being the first to land a dinosaur. I've still only seen them rise a few times never got one hooked. That's one heck of a feat. And now the race is on for expert mode...
wasteelhunter

Postby dcarp » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Taupo,

Congratulations! You are a great fisherman! It's your call on the prize. If you want to leave it in for an "expert mode" catch, that is fine with me.

Dave
dcarp

Postby enielson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:38 pm

DCarp (Dave),
Thank you very much for the info on the Sturgeon.  I know that in Maine Sturgeon once swam in Our largest lake (called Moosehead Lake), but the last one caught in that body of water was over 100 years ago.  Like I said, every now and again stories surface of one being caught in the lower streaches of the Kennebec River (below the southern most dam), but they're usually in the 3-4 foot range.  I've only ever seen one, on a boat trip on the lower river.  The fish lept out of the water right infront of our boat!  I distinctly remember seeing the armour like scales on its back. 
Also, Taupo, congradulations! A great catch. Thanks for posting the screen-shots (just incase I'm never able to see it on my screen... :wink: )
The worst day fishing's better then the best day working... But I'd rather have good days fishing.

Erik Nielson
www.kennebecdrifters.com
enielson

Previous

Return to RWFF Development