Testers needed for new feature: Create your own flies

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Testers needed for new feature: Create your own flies

Postby paul » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:40 pm

I'm looking for a few anglers who would like to test a new feature. You'll be able to create your own flies and fish with them in the game. :D Real fly tying skills are optional. It's not a simulation of fly tying, but a tool for quickly designing and visualizing flies.

It uses almost 200 fly components, including hooks, tails, bodies, ribs, wings, and hackles. It takes just a few clicks to build a fly pattern. You can add, reposition and resize parts to build countless new flies. You can even reshape and color each part.

I need volunteers who currently own Real World Fly Fishing (original or Deluxe edition.) This feature will eventually be added to the game itself. Right now it runs separately, but the flies it creates can be used in the game. It definitely still needs some tweaking, and there will be more fly components to work with, but for now I'd like a few volunteers to try it out.

To volunteer, e-mail me at paul@pishtech.com.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby kerrye » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:27 pm

OK Paul, the flytying program works great. Just as soon as I figure out where everything is in there, I'm going to love it. Perhaps a help section with a contents list would be a great addition. lol:
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby paul » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Some built-in help would be good, yes. =) Also it's got a couple more features now that gives you a lot more control. You can now rotate compnents, so you can use any tail and a wing, give a mayfly a tail that angles up, etc. The functionality is coming along, but I haven't started on the help yet.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby trout123 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:21 pm

i will do it
trout123

Return to Real World Fly Fishing