Some thoughts about the community

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Some thoughts about the community

Postby Pitti » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Hello,

I don't know if it's a new trend, but I note that latterly more and more people let miss the basic civilty.

If I look at Daves new thread about the new St. Mary River outing, I miss really a little bit more feedback. Dave and Dan has spend a lot of time to create it , but get no thanks from the most guys.

Same with Pekkas Finland outing and Philips Flies. No or only a few responses.

I have done my best to help about installing problems and upload a outing again to rapidshare for only 1(!) guy, but no "thx", no "hello", no "name".

I think I can say it for any outing creators. Everybody enjoy a small "thx" feedback for the lot of work.

For me I can say that I feel waste my fun for making addons for the community, if it's seems normal for the majority of user to download it without a small reply.

Sorry for the hard words, but I feel it as a must.

Please forgive me my english. I hope you understand what I mean.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby richwest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Peter,

I fully agree with you on this.

When people would know what time we spend in creating thing to their joy, the least thing they can do back, is sent a short reply.

Just a short thanks whith your name would do the credit!

Regards Richard

PS since I've got the flu from last tuesday, i was not able to do anything, but sleeping, but I hope to get to you on chat soon.
richwest

A big thanks to everyone.

Postby enielson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 pm

I agree with you, and I'm actually one of the offenders...

So, to correct that, I'd like to say thank you to all the people who have had a hand in creating this great game. I've been fishing on RRFF for awhile now, but am reasonably new to the forum... You've created a great resorce for people to use.

I for one appreciate the effort, and the time some have spent to make me feel "at home" here. I will be trying my hand at creating an outting of my own come spring (the streach of river that I want to creat is under 2 feet of ice right now).

Great site. Great game.

Thanks,

Erik
The worst day fishing's better then the best day working... But I'd rather have good days fishing.

Erik Nielson
www.kennebecdrifters.com
enielson

Thank you

Postby Bobcat John » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 am

Hi
I have been very busy with a family problem and just now catching up with the new outings and as always I thank the different developers fort the effort and the great outings I enjoy seeing the different areas that we are getting we have some great outings developers doing some very good work. I hope that they will keep up the great work and if I can in the future I hope to submit an outing. I'm hoping to try out the new outings in the next couple of days. I have always enjoyed the creative work of the members of this club and I hope some of the new members will be creating in the furture. Also a plug for the contest we have a few fly tiers donating their time and artful work to the prize pool in somew great tied flies but we could use any other tiers to join in and donate some flies to the prize pool just let Piti know. Most of us tiers have a bunch of flies laying around this way they could be put to good use. As Dcarp says I will get of the soap box now with the following if I don't say it often enough I thank every outing and fly creator and any that donate to the prize you help make this club the great club it is.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby martin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:51 am

I'm new to fly fishing, to the RWFF simulator and to this forum, and have just recently downloaded and installed the Upper Sacramento River outing which is located near my hometown area of Redding, CA, along with the St. Mary's River outing located in Canada.

I would like to personally thank all who were involved in these projects, and to let you know how much they are appreciated. Thank you for your valuable additions to a truly magnificent fly fishing simulator.

Martin
martin

Postby nymphaholic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:28 am

I must admit that I am also guilty of not giving thanks in appreciation for peoples time and effort. Thanks for pointing it out to us Pitti. although it shouldn't get to the point where someone has to bring it up.

I would like to thank everyone who has created an outing and uploaded it somewhere so that the rest of us can download it and enjoy a new experience my upmost thanks for your time, effort, and thoughtfulness. Your sharing is greatly appreciated.
nymphaholic

thanks

Postby Carolmo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 am

My thanks to all of you guys who are such a great help to me when I get stuck (which is often enough!) You all know who you are! I'd have been lost without you!
I'd still be trying to figure out what to do with a download if it weren't for you guys! A big thanks to Pitti for moving outings to places where we could get to them easier to download! Thanks to Bobcat and Nccorthu for sending outings to me that would have taken 5-6 hrs. for me to get on my own, and to Cutch who spent e-mail hours just getting me started! I knew how to fish, just not how to get to the fishing! :D :D
I truly appreciate all of the answers to all of my many questions!
Thanks guys!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Cutch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 am

We're spending the winter in a RV park in Arizona and have been pretty busy. Haven't been on the laptop much and don't have Comcast Cable.
Thanks to all for their hard work on Outings, etc,.....we appreciate you :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby cadskiffler63 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:01 pm

:oops: hi ! all

that's true what pitti says !!
i joined rwff long time a go (buy first edition 01 11 06) and i like that much , it was so simple to use then came second edition all goes better but i think when all those paul's " adjutants "joined that game that game / forum start to live richies live with all those all world outing and extra flies, tools ext... :D
i was only" back devil "and try to find all wises just read that forum but with that own outing i think it's time to joined forum member
and if people just have little try to find help for those older messages i think meny problems solve a self
just use a search!!!
but my first touch with computers is just about 7 years a go and i have my self lot?? of problems to downloads ext but with PAUL AND later PITTIS GREAT HELPFULL solve a meny problems (i think those mine problems biggest reason are just perhaps becouse im rookie for those pc)

for that rwff Finland outing maybe people how are download that dont like it ??
i think it's nice to tell also what you dont like that(those) outing
that's not the nices outing but i think it' realistic like amur and morrum..
theres not always sunshine and birds sing's when you go fishing
of coarse it's nice to go like a bahamas (if you look outside and it's rain snow...

:D I JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL THOSE ACTIVE MEMBERS WHOS HELPED THAT GAME CAME WHAT IS IT NOW!!!

we also have plenty of fake members in our memberlist if you check profile there is some odd countrys...
:?: :roll:
ps' dont "burn" those active members down
i think every community and group have few active who get that working but nobody care's / but when those fellows " burn" them selfs down and quite and then everybody needs them...
but now i just go fishing and joy that game... :D
regards Pekka
SOMEDAY I GET THAT BIG ONE ????
cadskiffler63

Postby taupo_tiger » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:47 pm

hello @all,

i would like to thank all outing and addon creators for their great jobs

:)

all the best,
martin

upcoming season i plan to shoot some own pics - maybe i can do an outing for you, too
taupo_tiger

Postby wuppereumel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am

Hi all,

Pittis words have made me thoughtfully and embarrassed because sometimes they apply to myself too. :oops: Because I'm a member of this community till a few weeks I did'nt download all of the older usermade outings but a few of them.

Some of them I love more and others less but maybe that is only my personal reference. I take Pitti's food for thought to heart anyway and take my hat off to anyone who goes to the time and effort of doing hard work for others, whatever I love it or not.

So I beg pardon to all the guys that did a work I made use of without say a word of thanks what I catch up with this post.

Sorry again
Guenter
wuppereumel

Postby taupo_tiger » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:27 pm

hello @ all,

pitti did a great job to implement all these custom outings in the clubhouse download section

allthough i visited this board frequently i missed one outing

so let me say a big "thank you" for collecting all those download links to peter

and please - dear outing creators - do not think your work is not appreciated - it is just the fact i did not notice all new outings - also due to xmas holidax reasons

furthermore: this game is the only reason i recently bought a digital photocam - so far i took old fashioned pics - this season i will do an outing for me ( and you)

all the best,
taupo tiger
:)
taupo_tiger

Return to Real World Fly Fishing