Fish fighting to the left

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Fish fighting to the left

Postby martin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm a newcomer both to this site and to fly fishing, and have a question regarding the tendency of fish in RWFF to continually fight to the left. I've downloaded and installed update 118 which claims to have a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Martin
martin

Postby paul » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:50 pm

That issue seems to have resurfaced in 118. In general the fish will head away from you and towards deeper water, but the line tension often brings the fish towards you and to the left. That will be top priority for 119. Any other bugs to report, or other suggestions?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby martin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Thank you, Paul, for your post. Nope, no other bugs to report. I do want to let the folks at RWFF know how much I enjoy, appreciate and admire their fly fishing simulator. This summer I intend to try the real thing on Hat Creek, one of northern California's prime fly fishing locations. RWFF has made a real convert out of me. :D

Martin
martin

Postby paul » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Martin,

I see you're in Redding! I was in Redding last April to shoot the upper and lower Sacramento River. You've got some amazing fishing right there! As I recall Hat Creek wasn't open when I was there, but the Sacramento sure was a blast!

And I've got some related news: I've just finished the Upper Sac outing. It's just getting a little more testing right now and I hope to release it today. It's got 30 sites, all new hatches, plus 39 new rainbow trout photos including what are some of the best fish photos I've ever shot. Working on that outing has me longing to get back out there.

Stay tuned and I'll post here when it's ready to download!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Fish fighting

Postby Bobcat John » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Paul
I have found that I can't seem tyo land any bigger steelhead on the polis or the dechutes the fish run out all of the fly in a instant then they get stuck at different spots on the river. I have gone to 10 weight line 10 foot rod 0X tippett at that point I can't break the fish off. What is also funny is that the line tension meter shows no tension on the line or very little and even when I try to break by tighting the drag and wipping the rod around the tension meter still will not show any increase in tension I have to quit and come back into the fishing mode. I'm not using cheater or big cheater. I can land smaller steelhead and trout. I have updated to RWFF 118. I have had the bigger fish at other sites go off to the right or left and sit for awhile before I can bring them in like there in a loop after I get out of the loop I find that the fish come in very fast with hardly any fight just pull them in. This is very different than the game was like before. Since I live in California I'm looking forward to fishing the Sacramento.
Thank You for a great game
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Ditto to what Bobcat John said. Using the largest rod and heaviest loader, several large fish ran to the end of the backing and stuck there, couldn't bring them back? I finally just yanked and broke the line. This happened in several outings? Has to be a bug?
Any of these fish should be landed with a #12 rod and 16 lb leader after a long battle. :wink:
Cutch

Postby paul » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm

I'll see what I can figure out. I've done a good deal of testing lately with some trout up to 22 inches or so, but haven't tried steelhead lately. I'll rig up with the big stuff and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Cutch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Paul,
I've landed Steelhead and Salmon up to 35 inches so it must be fish larger than this :?:
Cutch

Postby oppimax » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi,
the same happened to me: if you have not the heaviest equipment to stop the fish and land it soon after about 1 minute it starts running forward without any possibility to stop it.

Around 30" is the measure of fishes with this behaviour.

Paul, any idea?

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

big fish

Postby Carolmo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi!
It seems if you can't horse them in you can't land them! As Massimo said, you have to use heavy tackle! They run forever or else you have to either break them off or go out of the program!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Return to Real World Fly Fishing