Just downloaded Demo version

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Just downloaded Demo version

Postby Derek_A » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with installing the demo, every time I try to install it the unzip process starts but then my scanner goes crazy and a window pops up and asks me to make a copy or something and there's no way past that I dont know what to do, if I just need to unplug my scanner and printer or what but any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek.
Derek_A

Postby paul » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:46 pm

It sounds like the file is corrupted. Either that or there's a system problem, like corrupt files in the operating system. Nothing in the game or installer ever interracts with anything like a scanner.

My suggestion is to try downloading again and see if that helps. If not, try running a full virus scan on your system as something fishy (the wrong kind of fishy) must be going on. Hopefully it's just a corrupt download.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby StefanN » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 am

Exactly the same thing happens to me. My scanner software starts up and asks me to make a copy. And - as DerekA says - there is no way past that. When I close the scanner software the installation procedure is gone. Have tried several downloads from both places. Also run a complete virus scan on my computer. Still doesn't work! HELP!

/Stefan
StefanN

Return to Tech Support