Feather Wing Flies?

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Feather Wing Flies?

Postby enielson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:24 am

I've been tying flies in realality for almost 15 years. I;ve been playing around with the fly tying feature on RRFF3 for about a month now, with modest success. I am, however, unable to get the layered wings of "classic" Atlantic Salmon flies. I've seen that some of the people on this forum have some great looking patterns. What's the secret :?:

I would also be very interested in learning how to creat sites for fishing. I am a Maine (US) Guide, and I fish some VERY pretty water that I'd LOVE to share. Anyone interested in teaching me :?:

Beyond that, I LOVE the sim. It's by far the best fishing game I've found. It's now winter in Maine, and most of my favorite water is under 2-3 feet of ice. It's good to be able to wet a line.

Tight Lines

Erik Nielson
enielson

Postby Pitti » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Erik,

Welcome :D

I think that there are no secrets about the classic salmon flies.

Perhaps two points:

You have to use the left toolbar (taller, shorter etc.) very copious.

Often I use the same material multiple to get the right length like for the topping. I take 2-3 crests and "glue" them to get the right curve. Same with married wings.

Please note: If you use many materials the program can be slowdown dramatic so it's better if no other program is running in the background.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Fishin Musician » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Erik,
Here is the link for the"Outing Creation Kit"read and have fun. Paul's directions are great and easy to understand but yet most of us had questions our first time thru so don't be afraid to ask if you get stuck.
Philip
Fishin Musician

Postby dcarp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Erik,

Here is a download link containing a ZIP FILE with the custom built materials I've used on classic atlantic salmon flies in the past.

Once you have the file download, unzip to the C:\program files\pishtech\real world fly fishing\ directory (or the location you installed the game other than the default).

Hope this helps!

Tight Lines.

Dcarp (Dave)
dcarp

Featherwing flies

Postby enielson » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks you very much for the zip file. :D I still need to work on mating the edges of the different wing sections. :? I'll try to get a pic or two posted when I get a chance.

Erik
The worst day fishing's better then the best day working... But I'd rather have good days fishing.

Erik Nielson
www.kennebecdrifters.com
enielson

Return to Real World Fly Fishing