Error message

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Error message

Postby buffstuff62 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:10 am

i am creating a new outing and i am having problems with the OCK program. when i go to compile the site it exits the program and says the program encountered an error. i run RWFF and the site is in there and works except for like distance and boundries. I figure this has to do with the depthmap because the currents work as well as fish, but there seems to be no boundries and the fish are huge. Not in catchable size but large on the screen. This is my first attempt so if i missed something please let me know because i double checked me depth map and everything seems to be done the right way. :?
buffstuff62

Postby richwest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes, you are right about the depthmap.
You have to create one, otherwise the program cannot generate a depthmap. It needs your entries.

After compiling, you have to finetune every site you created by moving the blue line to the height where the 60 feet distance will be.

You can alter the generated deptmaps and you can adjust places and sizes of the fisch in that site.

Tip, keep a copy of the uncomiled files for backup, so you can try settings without having to start from scratch.

Succes Richard
richwest

Postby buffstuff62 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:06 am

i have made everything for the site but when i use the OCK to compile all the files it exits the program and windows reports an error. what can i do to fix this?
buffstuff62

Postby paul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Do you have a place where you can upload your outing files? If so I can take a look at them and see why the tool is failing.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to RWFF Development