Wiimote update?

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Wiimote update?

Postby Fishin Musician » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Paul,
Any news on an update for us Wiimote beta testers?
Fishin Musician

Postby paul » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Afraid not... I just haven't had the time to work much on it. I'm frankly a bit discouraged by the complexity and instability of the system. Even folks with solid computer skills seem to have trouble getting their Wii remotes to talk with their Bluetooth adapters and/or the Bluetooth adapters to cooperate properly with GlovePie. And once it's all working, it may or may not work the next time you fire it up. It's a lot of fun when it works, but I suspect it would create a tech support nightmare if I tried to make this an officially supported feature.

In the next update I'll add some things to try to stabilize what's working, and I'll try to make it as easy as possible for those willing to jump through the hoops. It's closer to real fly fishing than a mouse or joystick can ever be, and I want it to be available to everybody. However, I don't think I can make it more than a beta feature until there's a system for using the device with Windows that's closer to plug-and-play.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby oppimax » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Paul,
I agree with you. :wink:

The realism of this feature for RWFF is amazing but it has to work correctly and always otherwise it would be frustrating.

The compatibilty with Windows is possible but perhaps is still early to have a standard usage of it.

Have a look at this (should be an alternative to Glovepie):

http://onakasuita.org/wii/index-e.html

Thx a lot for all the work you're doing for RWFF. :D

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:19 pm

OK, Understandable...I wouldn't want the nightmare of trying to get someone not so computer literate (like me) :lol: to get the Wiimote working every other day.
Philip
Fishin Musician

Return to RWFF Development