Right Side of Screen is Cut Off

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Right Side of Screen is Cut Off

Postby coastal1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:10 pm

The right side (~1/5) of my screen is completely black. At first I thought it was just off centered and there was supposed to be black on each side, like there is on a tv for some movies. However, I just caught a fish without even seeing it so the gameplay is active in the black. Please advise.
coastal1

Postby paul » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:08 am

Are you running Windows Vista? If so, try turning of the sidebar (the panel with the clock, slide show, etc. on the right side of the screen.) Vista likes to try to draw that even when a program has the computer in full-screen mode, and the result is black or flashing where the sidebar would be. Switching it off before starting the game solves the problem.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

re:

Postby coastal1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:11 am

No, not running vista. Running XP.

It was centered when I first ran the game. Ever since I upgraded to 117 its been off centered. And apparently things happen in the black space I cant see.
coastal1

Postby paul » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Are there any other programs running? There are tools like the Vista sidebar that can run on XP and could possibly have the same effect. Nothing changed in 117 that would account for that. The other possibility is a corrupt download, so you might want to download it again. Check the downloads page. I just uploaded 118 this morning. I haven't announced it here yet as I'm waiting for a little more testing.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support