About the Trophy Page

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

About the Trophy Page

Postby Pitti » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Hello :)

We have a little problem. I think most of you have note it:

Since Version 117 was released, the reelin and landing of big fish is very much easier than before. The nice of RWFF is the real fighting of fishes that now is absolutely absent. Paul is hard working on catch the bug.

Massimo, Dave and me has disscused it with other guys at the chat or via email, and we all think that we should reset the highscore-list when a fixed RWFF version is released.

Some guys thought, it would be best to let you know it now. It could be a little unfair, if that some guys are fishing their hearts out for nothing right now.

I know that's bad news, especial if you have records at the Trophy Page, but over the long haul we want a highscore-list with long time challenge.
Using the current version we need no 4 weeks for get the maximal scores of every species and the page is dead.

We hope for your understand this step.

For the moment you can send your scores anymore, and we'll put it on the page. But please don't worry if the list will reset someday, ok?

Sorry about it :cry: But you can be sure, after the update every trophy caught will give you a better feeling and very much more satisfaction.

Anyway Merry Christmas to all of you :)

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby toni_ale » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 pm

:( :( o what a bad new for my records :D :D ....i think that's a good idea because now is too easy to reel in the big fish!!

hope to set a lot of records with the new version merry x-mas toni_ale
toni_ale

Postby carpman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 pm

Absolutely right Pete, on my desk top I installed the 117 and on my laptop I didn't, and the fish fight hard on the laptop, but not on the desktop :? :? thought it was only me since no one said anything, thought I might have installed soemthing wrong

Carp
carpman

Postby richwest » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:36 am

I Completely agree with you guys, it's no fun anymore to reel in the big ones,i remember time, it took me 15 mins. to reel in a 30 inch, it was more fun and action then.

So reset the scores as soon as Paul gets the bug.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby oppimax » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:27 am

Hi guys,
I agree with you all! :wink:

This is the evidence on how much we like this game and the "real" sensation of fishing it gives us! :D

I'm glad to share these sensations with so many Gentlemen Fly Fishermen! :D

Thanks a lot! :D

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Cutch » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:24 am

Cutch

Postby Striker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 pm

I'm kind of in the middle on this issue. I do agree that bigger fish should take longer to catch, but I also don't want to spend an hour on one site in an outing trying to land a fish. It's actually keeping me away from fishing most of the salmon outings as it just takes too long to land fish.

What I propose is to have some kind of setting option in the game that allows you to set whether you want the fish to fight hard or if you want them to fight easier. That way if you feel like a quick game before work or sometime when you don't have alot of time, you can have the option of getting in and getting out and not spending all your time landing fish. Sound like a plan?
Striker

Postby nccorthu » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:55 pm

I think one way to do it. is to have more of a difference between Experienced and Expert Modes. Or for that matter between all 3.
With the new sites people are developing the fish are getting unrealisticly large as well as the leaders too strong. 27" fish on a 8X leaders caught in seconds is a little different than what I'm used to.
Also some of those holes with wall to wall giants is dreamy but ??????
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby dcarp » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:33 pm

Hello all,

You all know that I'm a big advocate for keeping things as "real" as possible. In my real life experiences, if you hook a big fish on light leader, chances are you will loose it, or spend a great deal of time landing it.

However, some very good points have been made about the amount of time required to land a big fish on light leader. I'm sure in real life we'd take whatever time we needed to land a big fish, but on the computer, sometimes that dedication isn't so strong.

I really liked the idea about a "setting" that would allow for easy catching (like now in v117). Maybe that could be a feature "cheater" mode. Since those of us that are developing sites use cheater mode to test our builds, landing fish quickly would be a great help there as well. When testing the Vancouver BC outing prior to release 117, it took quite a bit of time to make it through the entire outing. I wanted to make sure I could catch every species in every site. 4 big fish in 8 sites taking 15-30 minutes to land was very time consuming! You can do the math, but it could easily take an hour to test each site, and that's if I was lucky enough to not accidently hook any species twice.

Of course, this suggestion puts another layer of programming on Paul's plate......

All in all, I prefer the most realistic simulation we can get. Big fish take longer to land.

Happy Holidays to all!

Dcarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby richwest » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 am

Dave,

I completely support your meaning, this is the most realistic fishing game I know, and it should keep that way to.

It's not possible to land a monster with one finger up your nose :shock: :shock: :shock: , so on RWFF it should not be either.

Also cheatermode is nice for the developers to check the outings, but slould be removed before release. I don't want to know where and how big the fish are on forehand.

So let's bring the game back to the old settings on difficulty, reset everyones scores and start fishing realistic again!

Merry Christmas and happy Newyear to all our fellow fisherman,

Richard
richwest

About the Trophy Page

Postby wuppereumel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:15 pm

Richard,

I subscribe to your view.

Merry Christmas to all from Germany

Guenter
wuppereumel

Postby Cutch » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Dave and Richard,
I agree with your views. In real life I would spend an hour or longer to land a real monster trophy fish. But, on the computer I get too bored after about 15 minutes of tugging on a big fish. :?

Here's an idea we use in our hunting game which would work in RWFF I believe.
There is a settng for timed minutes to select before you enter an Outing. It would be in the Settings. You have a choice of selecting real time: 1 minute = 1 minute, 5 minutes = 1 minute, or 10 minutes = 1 minute.
In the contests, you would have to use the selection in the rules. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing