outing creation

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

outing creation

Postby reede44 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:07 pm

I wanted to poll the group to see which photo editors people have had the best luck with in creating new outings. I am in the process of gathering images from my trips now and will be working on them soon but want to make things as painless as possible in regards to editing the photos. Thanks!
reede44

Re: outing creation

Postby dcarp » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 pm

Hello Reede44,

I started off using Adobe Photoshop v6, due to the fact that I have used that application for years for working with Web Graphics - JPG and GIF images primarily. I had a lot of trouble with it when working on the outings though. Adobe seems to have a mind of it's own regarding color palettes. It reorders them as it sees fit. Not good with the OCK.

I downloaded a trial version of Corel's latest image editing software and that worked pretty good, but at the end of the trail I wasn't willing to spend $350+ on a new image editing application.....

Paul suggested I get an older copy of Micrografx Picture Publisher from Ebay. Besides being a cheap solution, it also works great! It's the program that Paul uses and it's easier to follow the directions because they are written based on that application.

If you're looking for "painless", Micrografx is the way to go, in my opinion anyway. It's a pretty simple application to learn and you'll be pumping out wonderful new outings for us in no time!

Dcarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby oppimax » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:33 am

Ciao,
I use Micrografx Picture Publisher as is the easiest I found; it works perfect for what you need in making outings.

Others gave me problems.

Ciao
oppimax

Postby Cutch » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:57 pm

I use Pictures Publisher and Paint Shop Pro 7,...both work very well. I use Animation Shop 3, part of PSP7, to determine which 3 picutes I want for my river animations in my Outings. :wink:
Cutch

Return to RWFF Development