Demo fish

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Demo fish

Postby Morten » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi everyone :D

I've been playing around with the demo for a few days and are very impressed. However, is it just me or is the max size of brook trout 13 inches and brown trout 21 inches in the game?

Cheers!

Morten
Morten

Postby paul » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 pm

In the demo it should be possible to catch some browns bigger than that, and probably a bit bigger brook trout as well. The really big fish are less common and may not be present every time you visit a certain fishing site. In the full version there are many more sites (over 300 in the Deluxe Edition) including many that are more likely to hold huge fish.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby kerrye » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:51 am

Morten. In one of the streams, playing the "big cheater" mode, I have caught brookies to 21 inches and in normal mode, I have caught browns over 22 inches. If BIG fish light your fire, get the game and fish the Polis. I hooked a steelie on it one morning and it took over fifteen minutes just to get my backing back on the reel. :lol: :lol:
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby Morten » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am

Thanks for the replies guys :D

I quite like the small streams. They are easier to read for people like me who have barely any real experience with fishing in rivers.

The Czech Coulee Creek was quite fun. I had been using mostly dryflies and had caught a few fish on "experienced", but nothing bigger than 15 inches. So I had more or less concluded that 15 inches would be the max size in such a small stream. Then I started experimenting with nymphs even thought the fish clearly was going for insects on the surface. I set up a set with a 9 feet rod, 5 weight line and 6X leader. Should be more than sufficient for this place. Or so I thought. Another fish have a go at the nymph, I hook it and expect to reel in another 10 incher. The next moment the line rips upstream, the drag indicator goes through the roof and the reel screams like a banshee :shock:

I was stunned for a second or two, thinking "what the h... is this?" before coming to my senses and lowering the rod to keep the leader from breaking. Took about 10 minutes before a 21 inch brown was landed.

That experience was just like the real thing. You are so tense because you just HAS to know how big this fish really is. I felt drained after landing it. You just can't ask for more athmosphere in a game than that. The next ting I did was ordering the full game :lol:
Morten

cheat

Postby trout123 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:23 pm

i tried cheat bigger fish yes but 1 2 3 buttons dont work do you have to purchase game for it to work ????

ty
trout123

Postby BigSteel » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:07 am

my biggest brown is 23" rainbow 21" and brook 13" I only have the demo

Kanu and fire hole rivers produce! Oh i only hooked those fish because i have been fishing rivers since i was 3 :lol: Its a 6th sense!
weekend warrior
BigSteel

Return to Real World Fly Fishing