Update available: New features as requested

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Update available: New features as requested

Postby paul » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:26 am

An update (version 103) of Real World Fly Fishing is now available to download. I'll add a link for updates to the main page on Pishtech.com in a few days, but those of you reading the forum will get it first. :wink: If you install the update please post here on the forum to let us know if the process goes smoothly, and if you like the changes.

Here's what's in the update:

Mouse wheel line stripping - Use the mouse wheel to strip small amounts of line in or out while fishing.

Fly boxes by category - You can select certain types of flies to find the pattern you're after more quickly.

Faster flybox switching - Hold down the shift key to skip the animation of putting away one box and taking out another if you want to get through the boxes rapidly.

Water animation toggle - If you prefer a still background in stead of the moving water, hold down shift and press the down arrow key while fishing. To turn the water animation back on use shift and the up arrow key.

Less hook slip-outs - There's a lower chance of a hook slipping out while fighting a fish.

Fish AI improvement - At some locations fish will be more intelligent when selecting the depth of water to hold in.

To install the update download the following compressed folder file (less than 1 MB) and unpack the files in it into the folder where you have installed Real World Fly Fishing, then run rwff_update.exe. Here's the file:

http://www.pishtech.com/rwffu103.zip

Happy fishing!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Upgrades

Postby kerrye » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:47 pm

These upgrades are super. They address about everything that was a nuisance in the first version and make the game a lot more enjoyable.
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby TomS » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:19 am

Ditto to Kerrye's comments!

The updates are awesome... the new fly box selection routine is perfect, and stripping via the mouse is great. You even 'fixed' one of the things that was bugging me a bit in some locations, where the glare from the water animation got to be annoying after a while.

And to top it all off, you add another destination and species to the mix!

It took me 4 fish before I could land my first Steelhead.. keep up the good work! I might have to fly you out here in the spring to capture some of the local saltwater striper fishing :)

-- Tom
TomS

Postby paul » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:03 am

I'll pack the 9 weight and the cameras! 8) I'm glad you like the update and the new outing. I'll have to put together a package of additional flies one of these days. The steelhead in that outing like the nymphs and general streamers, but it seems wrong to go out there without an egg sucking leech pattern.

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby John B » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:58 am

Paul The disk and all the up dates are great.
John B

Hello

Postby Z_Wolfe » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:29 pm

Hello, I was playing the game and just wanted to comment on how fun it was.
-Zach
:D
Z_Wolfe

Postby 97trout » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:31 pm

Great game! Its the most realistic fishing game I've ever seen and the updates are awesome. Looking forward to seeing more flies and destinations.
97trout

Dawg54 just order the game

Postby Dawg54 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi the updates sound awsome can't wait to play the game take care :lol: [/img][/b]
hi not sure its filled out rite let me know
Dawg54

Postby Dawg54 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi Paul i loaded the update rwffu103 zip file i push the arrow and it move my drag and the wheel on the mouse doesn't move the line in or out either have it loaded with the outing update and the outing update works great thanks ps awsome game looking foward to some salmon fishing in the game
Dawg54

Postby paul » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:28 am

Dawg54,

Are the rest of the features from the update working for you? Do you see the new fly box categories on the left when you're selecting flies?

I'm all for getting some salmon fishing in there. This fall I plan to shoot some waters with good salmon runs. Maybe we can get some salmon waters sooner than that. Anybody else have salmon waters handy? Download those photography instructions and shoot your local waters!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

New outing location

Postby Dawg54 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:15 am

Hi is anyone having problems doing the fish challange on the new steelhead location or is it because its an and on please give me some feedback thank you
Dawg54

Postby Dawg54 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:19 am

paul wrote:Dawg54,

Are the rest of the features from the update working for you? Do you see the new fly box categories on the left when you're selecting flies?

I'm all for getting some salmon fishing in there. This fall I plan to shoot some waters with good salmon runs. Maybe we can get some salmon waters sooner than that. Anybody else have salmon waters handy? Download those photography instructions and shoot your local waters!

Paul
paul i got it working thank you for the quick reply
Dawg54

Postby 97trout » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm also having problems with the challenge outing on the steelhead river. It says the files are corrupted and I need to install again. I've run the install several times and says the same thing. Everything else works fine.
97trout

Polis challenge outing

Postby kerrye » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:02 pm

97Trout. I don't think Paul put a challenge outing in for the steelhead stream. I asked him about it by email last month and I believe that is what he told me.
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby paul » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:31 pm

That's correct. The Polis outing wasn't set up for challenge mode. It is now. I've updated the Polis outing to make challenge mode work there. If you've already downloaded that outing you can just get the new outing.def file, in stead of getting the entire outing again. Right-click on this link below and select "save target as" to save it in your Polis outing folder: http://www.pishtech.com/outing.def

The full Polis outing download has been updated now too, so anyone downloading the new outing now will have both regular and challenge mode working. For anyone who hasn't added the Polis River steelhead outing, here's the link:

http://www.pishtech.com/rwffa001_PolisSteelhead.zip

Good luck with the steelhead challenge fishing!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing