Anybody need outing photos to work with?

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Anybody need outing photos to work with?

Postby paul » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey folks. I've got some outing photos that I just haven't had time to work on as I've been swamped lately. They were taken in Austria on a really gorgeous stream with brown trout and grayling. A fellow I met in Denver took them for the game. If someone would like to tackle the outing development, that would be terrific.

The good news: There are 37 sites, making it a very large outing to explore. It's world-class water. There are even some caught-fish photos of grayling and trout. The overall image quality is excellent.

The bad news: These were shot without a tripod. That means that each site will need an extra step: Picking 2 distant reference pixels in each image, entering their coordinates into frame_fix, then rotating and cropping according to it's output. If that's done carefully before sizing the images down to 1024x768, that should align them quite nicely.

If you're interested in creating this outing, please let me know. Despite the lack of a tripod and the extra work that creates, these photos are too pretty to sit around unused and I just can't see getting to it soon...

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby dcarp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Paul,

I'd be happy to give it a go, but would like to let this offer sit on the table for a while and see if there are any members out there that are itching to try creating an outing but don't have any images to work with.

If you don't have any takers after a week or so, I'll take it!

DCarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby oppimax » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Well done Dave,
I agree with you!
If needed I can give an help but making outings is a very satisfacting activity (it's not too easy!) and if some new guy would practice with it....welcome!

Ciao
massimo

@Paul, always...thanks a lot for all the opportunities you give us!
oppimax

Postby Striker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 pm

I would be willing to donate my finished Grayling model :)
Striker

Postby nccorthu » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 am

I would like to work on one of the outings that you have pics of. Let me know.

Gary O
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Return to RWFF Development