saltwater locations present and new

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

saltwater locations present and new

Postby nymphaholic » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 am

I fished the saltwater location with a 10 ft rod, 6wt line, and 5 lb tippet what a mistake what ever I hooked into headed out to sea like a frieght train and that was the last I saw of it.
So I changed to a 10 ft 8 wt 9 lb tippet. It took quite a long time but I landed a 30" seabass what a blast.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested and could do a flats outing say with some nice Tarpon and Permit?
Last edited by nymphaholic on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nymphaholic

Postby dcarp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:05 pm

Nymphaholic,

I think there is probably a LOT of interest in a saltwater flats outing with Tarpon and Permit. We just need a batch of site and fish species pictures!

Unless we have a member that's planning on spending the Holidays in the Yucatan Peninsula area, we will need to make contact with a guide service in one of those areas (like Cutch did with his latest outing).

I'd be happy to assist with the outing and species creation, if someone else wants to do the necessary leg work to aquire copyright free, or authorized use photos.

DCarp (Dave).
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Folks,
Both the guides I contacted for the Rio Negro Outing I posted, seemed eager to help. In my email to them, I went into detail why I wanted to use their pictures and assured them that the pictures would not be used for profit. I told both guides, Alan Zaremba and Frank Yerich, that I would keep them informed as I progressed with the Outing including sending them the links to our RWFF message board so they could read the commments if they liked. I also made videos of catching the Peacock Bass and Golden Dorado and posted them on a website for Alan and Frank to watch. :wink:

All you need is a singe picture for each site (not 3) than use Nature Allusion Studeo to create the 3 pictures you need for the Outing. (I could do that for you very easily and resize the pictures to 1024 x 768.)
With Nature Allusion Studeo, there's no limit to an Outing because all you need a one picture off the internet for each site but you'll need permission to use these pictures.

I would be willing to help if needed even though my wife and I are headed to Phoenix, Arizona Dec. 8th and are quite busy packing, etc. I'll have our laptop but will not have my Comcast internet connection. :cry:

Dave, if you and Nymphalolic would create the Outing and the fish, I would try to get permission to use the pictures you'd need. :wink:

By typing in "Yucatan Peninsula fishing" in Google search, I came up with these website:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Yu ... gle+Search
As you can see, there are many sites to get pictures. :wink:

I see 4 beautiful fish that could be created for the Outing. The Tarpon, Permit, Snook, and bonefish. :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 pm

Cutch,

If Nyphmaholic doesn't want to give the outing and fish creation programs a try, I'd be glad to give it a shot! Especially if you're willing to do the "begging and pleading" (getting permission to use photos).

Dave
dcarp

Postby nymphaholic » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:44 am

Dcarp,
I have finals coming up for 2 classes and I haven't learned the programs for outings yet so please feel free to do this outing> I will do one later when I can.
nymphaholic

Postby Cutch » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:42 am

Dave,
I'll see what I can do about the pictures before we head southeast,...don't know how much I can get done?.
I'll stay in contact with emails. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Striker » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:13 pm

Ooooh..how about the slippery Bonefish too? I would be more than willing to do up the model of that fish. I already download a bunch of pics of bonefishing flats. The only thing is they were from different places on the net, although they were all just private photo galleries from people on vacation etc. so not sure if it's o.k. to just go ahead and use them or not, and if not, I wouldn't remember where I got them from to ask.
Striker

Postby dcarp » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Hey guys,

We may have an "in" to some flats fishing pictures that are usable. One of our new members - Carpman - may be hooking us up.

Dave
dcarp

Postby carpman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Yep, I hope to get the pics soon, I have some friends who guie in Yucatan and they may want to share some pics if not I'll have to go to the flats and take some pics hehehe
carpman

Postby dcarp » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Carpman,

Yes, it sucks to be you :lol: . If it gets really bad, send me a plane ticket and I'll go with you!

Dave
dcarp

Postby oppimax » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi guys,

you are a fantastic crazy boys band!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love you! I'm proud to join this wonderful community!

Ciao
Massimo

p.s. If you need an italian cooker in Yucatan or elsewhere...I can bring spaghetti and parmiggiano!
oppimax

Return to Real World Fly Fishing