Vara Outing Correction

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Vara Outing Correction

Postby flyfisher842 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:18 pm

11/29

I like the Vara outing. This is a very challenging stream and the developer did a good job. But I kept having it crash every once in a while.

Some investigation revealed the stream images were not 1024x768 and the file format did not seem to be a jpg. So I resized and saved every site images at 1024x768 in a jpg format last night. Went through the sites today and did not have any problems.

If you want to download this file here is the link.
http://www.fly-fishing-colorado.com/med ... _nov07.zip

You should rename your original Vara file to org or bak before inserting this one into your outings folder.

Hope this helps everyone. Now all I have to do is figure out how to land those 23 inch browns. I have lost 3 of them so far. 2 to broken leaders and one slipped the fly at netting. Argh!!

The old flyfisher.
Marshall
flyfisher842

Postby oppimax » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanks a lot!

Well done!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby dcarp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Hello,

I just went through the sites and the images appear to be jpg and the correct size, however, Microsoft's image and fax viewer shows them as a single pixel. Weird.... must me a variation on jpg that some programs don't recognize. Progressive JPG maybe? or JPEG2?

Dave
dcarp

Well Done to Massimo

Postby flyfisher842 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:48 am

11/30

A well done to you Massimo for developing such a challanging stream. I have yet to figure out how to fish a couple of the sites. But I will.

If you have more streams like this (smaller to medium around where you live in Italy, please do some more).

flyfisher842
Marshall
flyfisher842

Postby oppimax » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a pout-pourri of Vara River (more than 30 sites!) seasoned all over the year.
It's a long work as I have only one picture for each site and I have to motion them.
I want do a challenging outing so I'll take good care in making it!

May be a Christmas gift.....!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Return to RWFF Development