Get Ready

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Get Ready

Postby dcarp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:14 pm

Hello Folks,

Not to steal any of Striker's thunder, but we are all in for a HUGE treat! I got a little preview of Striker's new outing and it is amazing! The photography is absolutely incredible. We have a new standard to follow with this one folks.

The new fish species is also very well done. I can't wait for him to post it to the rest of the group! I really wanted to spend more time testing it (ummm, fishing it all by myself :oops: ), but this one is too good to keep quiet.

Come on Striker! Let this one loose for everyone to enjoy!!!!

Dave
dcarp

Postby Striker » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi all,

Alright, after letting Dave spend a day on the water by himself to test the outing and getting his full approval (thanks Dave!) I believe it's finally ready to go!

This is actually a fictional river, created using images of a couple of actual rivers in BC and elsewhere. The reason for this is that I don't live in BC (I live near Toronto, Ontario) and I really wanted to make a Grayling outing, but as said in a previous post Grayling are only found in Alaska and certain rivers in British Columbia. I wanted to keep that part at least as real as I could.
There's only 6 fishing sites, just because I know there's alot of new outings coming out so I figured I'd keep it short and sweet.

It takes place in the fall so the colours are spectacular!

All the images were kindly donated by an avid flyfisherman and field photographer (and all around nice guy) Jason Neuswanger from troutnut.com and used with permission. Thanks Jason! I used Nature Illusion Studios to generate the river animation. What a great tool! Kudos to Paul for discovering it :)

Since Grayling don't grow too large there's not many 'monsters' in this site. Although if you look hard enough you might find one or two over 17 inches 8).

So I hope you enjoy it!! Please feel free to get back to me with any comments and/or suggestions you might have. Good luck and tight lines!

Here's the link:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/21 ... 0River.zip

I've added this comment after seeing Bobcats and Boston Bob's posts:

Remember that you'll HAVE to manually place the 0022_Francis River foler into your 'outings' folder, and you'll have to place the 'Grayling' folder into your 'fish' folder. Hopefully that works. Dcarp download and fished the site just fine so things should be o.k.
Last edited by Striker on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Striker

Link not found

Postby Bobcat John » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Striker
WEhen I click on the link a error message came up Link not found could you check it out
Thanks.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Striker: I just fished the Francis River. It has absolutely gorgeous photography. Here are the problems I encountered. First it didn't load into RWFF as easy as some outings did. I had to open up RWFF and move this outing into the outing file to get it to show on the menu screen.. I also had to do this with the Lackawaxen River. That's not a big deal once you know you have to do this. Maybe that's why Bobcat can't open it.

Here's what happened in visiting the sites. First the fish when they are at the surface are entombed in a square. I only was able to land one Cuththroat without the screen freezing up. Here's the error message I am getting when I try to land a fish. This happen on site # 1, fish in lower left and on site # 3, fish on lower right.

Microsoft Visual C ++ Debub Library
Debug assertion failed
File FprintF.C line 56 Expression Str ! + Null

I hit retry and the game closed down.

Striker, thank you for the waterfall, I love it and will spend a lot of time fishing that site.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Striker » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi guys,

Yes, I should have said that you'll have to manually place the 0022_Francis River folder into your 'outings' folder and you'll have to put the 'Grayling' folder into your 'fish' folder

Sorry Bobcat, I had to re-upload the outing so you may have tried to download it when it wasn't there. Try again and let me know if you get it o.k.

Bob, I'm not sure what could be causing that error. Did you put the Grayling folder from the download into your 'fish' folder? Maybe you hooked into a Grayling and it couldn't find the files for it so crashed on you.

One last thing you guys will have to do. I noticed a small error in the fish.def file inside the Grayling folder. Since I didn't encode any of those files you should be able to go in and fix it. All you have to do is open the fish.def file, scroll down to the very last line. Change the name of 'c08.jpg' to just 'c8.jpg'..removing the 0....otherwise when you catch that particular fish the game will freeze as I labelled the .jpg file wrong. I've fixed this and upload it just before writing this so any versions after this should be fine. Thanks guys!
Striker

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Striker: Yes, the Grayling folder wasn't in the fish folder. Moved it there and it works fine. That had to be the problem. Thanks for a great site. 37 and counting. Yippeeeee...
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Great work

Postby Bobcat John » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Striker
I got the site and tried fishing it we are getting so many sites that that you don't have enough time to fish them all I caught a nice 12" inch grayling lost a couple on the 8x tippett may have to use a little bit strong line

Thanks for all the great work
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby geraldro » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi striker,

Thank you for this beautiful site of fishing, in France we also fish for the grayling on the French-Swiss Doubs.

http://www.gobages.com/video/video_peche_502.html

Gérald
geraldro

new outing

Postby Carolmo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi Striker!
Your outing is beautiful! Thank you for the Thanksgiving gift!
I have noticed that sites 4 & 5 are the same site. When I went into the outing folder and clicked on the sites ( 4&5) they came up the same, they both say 4! Is the problem with my download or is that the way it is?
Thanks again!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Striker » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Yup...you're right. I've accidentily put site04 into site 05 folder...it's now fixed and the new .zip file is ready for download...sorry guys!
Striker

Hi All

Postby jcroc36 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi Striker

Well done on the outing, am at work so will download it tonight and start fishing. no doubt it will be a great outing.

Am looking forword to this now
once again well done and thanks for the new outing 8) :lol: :D
jcroc36

Postby Cutch » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Just fished your river Striker, beautiful pictures and dandy job you did on the Artic Greyling creation. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Fishin Musician » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Nice work striker :D
The Artic Greyling creation is fantastic :D
Fishin Musician

Help

Postby jcroc36 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:38 pm

Help the download for Strikers river will not extract it says that the file is corrupt :(

can someone please help :(
jcroc36

Postby Pitti » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Great outing!

Thank you Striker :)

@jcroc36: I think you should download it again.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Next

Return to RWFF Development