Yet ANOTHER new outing coming soon

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Yet ANOTHER new outing coming soon

Postby Striker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi all, with the recent wave of new outings being uploaded I thought I would add my 2 cents and make one of my own. It should be ready within the next week or so and it's on a non-specified river in interior British Columbia Canada fishing for the mysterious Arctic Grayling and Cutthroat trout. Grayling are known for their jumping prowress when hammering Chironomids and mayflies on the surface so this should be really fun!
So far the new fish is designed and seems to work great (thanks to help from Dcarp) and I'm plugging away at the rest of the sites for this outing (2 are done). Can't wait for you guys to check it out!
Striker

Postby dcarp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Striker,

Great news! Can't wait to go after some graylings!!!! They are such an interesting fish species. Go get 'em Striker!

Paul: Thank you so much for releasing the FSK and OCK. Because of these new tools we all get to fish in places and for species we might never experience in real life.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Striker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Yes I will add to Dave's message and also say a big thank you to Paul. You've opened a whole new dimension to the game and it's really letting us fulfill some of our fishing fantasies! No not the ones about brown trout strutting their stuff in skirts and high heels :oops: I just mean being able to fish for species we may never get to fish :) :)

Oh and Paul, just when you thought it was safe to relax again...

How likely would it be to make a tool that allows us to add our own insect species to the game? Just so we can really pinpoint a hatch in one of our own outings. Also is their a way that we can physically place the fish where we want them in our outings? I notice that they're pretty random, but some of the sites have real sweet spots that should really hold fish. If we were on the stream we would target those spots.

Am I making your life miserable yet Paul? Haha. Just ideas..don't throw your computer at me yet :)
Striker

Postby dcarp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Striker,

I posted a tip regarding fish placement issues over in the Development Forum:

Fish Placement Tip

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Striker,
I've never had the opportunity to fish for Artic Grayling. I've seen many videos and TV shows though, and wished I could have. They're beautiful fish and ferocious fighters, can't wait to see the animations in your Outing and do battle with them. :wink:
Cutch

new outing

Postby Carolmo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Good news about another new fish!
I just hope some of the new outings have a few more upstream sites for those of us who fish mostly dry flies! :D :lol: :wink:
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Striker » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:12 pm

No worries there! Grayling are way more fun on dries than anything else so I've made the sites mostly for dry fly fishing. Although don't be suprised if dropping a nymph or two doesn't get you a decent fish :)

I'm almost done. All I need to do now is figure out how to make the fish catchable. As it is now I might get one fish in 10 casts so I'm doing something wrong. Time to talk to Paul
Striker

Grayling

Postby Striker » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:03 pm

Alright folks, here's the new fish I'm adding to the game! It's the elusive Arctic Grayling :) This fish is only found in Alaska and some rivers in BC Canada. It used to be found as far south as Montana but due to overfishing and competition with other species this fish has almost been pushed to the brink.

My new outing that features these fish is pretty much complete (just a quick 'beta test' to do yet) so you'll be able to fish for them soon!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/21 ... ng_mov.gif
Striker

Postby Cutch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:29 pm

Great job on the Artic Greyling creation, striker. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing