New Outing by Dcarp

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

New Outing by Dcarp

Postby dcarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:56 am

Hello Folks,

Here is a new outing - The North Santiam River. This is the River my home river flows into about 100 yards below my house.

It contains rainbows, cutthroats and of course.... steelhead. Both a summer and winter run. So there are steelhead in the river year-round.

The winter fish enter the river Dec - February and are fishable through April. They are generally larger fish - 28-34 inches and are mostly natives (non-hatchery raised).

The summer fish arrive in April - May and are fishable until late October. Most of them are smaller 22-30 inches and are mostly hatchery raised fish.

Both Winter and Summer fish that do not spawn on schedule, will remain in the system until their next spawning season.

Rainbows and Cutthroats in the river are primarily resident fish. The Santiam River is Catch and Release for Trout species to protect the young steelhead smolts making their way to the Pacific Ocean.

And finally, the Santiam also has a spring run of Chinook Salmon - May through July. Since this outing takes place in September/October, I left them out. Sorry, gotta be true to the "real" part of the game. :)

Here you go: North Santiam River Outing

Enjoy....

Dave
dcarp

Postby Pitti » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:57 am

Dave, you are an really talented outing creator. Beautiful photos and nice fishing.

Thank you :D

Peter
Pitti

Postby oppimax » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:29 pm

Dave,

great job! :D :D :D

Thanks, thanks, thanks........ :D :D :D

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Return to RWFF Development