Updated Outing - Breitenbush River

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Updated Outing - Breitenbush River

Postby dcarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:39 am

Hello folks,

I finally finished the update to the Breitenbush River to include the new fish species - Kokanee Salmon.

Kokanee salmon are landlocked Sockeye Salmon that were "stuck" in river systems years ago either by man made dams, or natural dams that cutoff their return path to the pacific ocean. Kokanee have adapted to their new environments by living in the lakes or reservoirs in place of the ocean.

They do not grow as large as their ancestors, but they do make a similar physical transformation in preparation for spawning. Normally, they resemble a trout - silver body, similar fin and body structure. About the only difference is the black line on the jaw. But once they begin their spawnning "run" they turn bright red, the head darkens to a greenish color. They develop of "humped" back and and "hooked jaw". They travel up feeder streams or rivers, or sometimes just head for shallow, gravel bottom portions of the lake.

For the first few years of their life in the lakes, they generally feed on plankton, midges, and larva in relatively deep water - 20 to 30 ft. Once they make the spawn run, they stop feeding, but become aggressive and will hit flies that irritate them or threaten their "redds", or egg beds. Like their ancestors, they die following the spawn.

If you downloaded an installed the previous version of the Breitenbush river, I suggest you delete it entirely prior to installing this version.

Here is the link: Breitenbush Update Zip File

The outing and species are encryted this time and the zip file is created properly to allow for extraction in the C;\Program Files\Pistech\Real World Fly Fishing\ folder.

Enjoy...... and if you run into problems, please PM me.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Pitti » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:54 am

Dave,

Wonderful! Very nice pictures. Great outing with beautiful fish.

Small issue like for me. The Sockeye are not registered at the score_log.txt.

I don't know, but the new species Sea Bass and Wild Carp are registered,
Sockeye, Pike and Seatrout not. :?:

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby oppimax » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm

Help!

too many fantastic outings! :roll:

I don't know where to go fishing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Return to RWFF Development