New Outing - By Dcarp

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Outing - By Dcarp

Postby dcarp » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:10 am

Hello Everyone,

Looks like Cutch beat me to it! Here's my first attempt at a new outing. It's the Breitenbush River. A small Oregon river in the Cascade Mountains that empties into Detroit Lake (which dumps into the North Fork of the Santiam River - my next project).

The river contains Native Rainbows, Kokanee (landlocked sockeye salmon - to be added later) and landlocked Chinook Salmon. The Kokanee and Chinook run up the river in late September - Early October to spawn. They normally won't hit flies, unless it's something that bumps them on the nose and makes them mad!

In place of Chinook, I've used the Atlantic Salmon from the game, and reduced their size accordingly. Sorry, there won't be any monsters in here. Paul has put a fish editor on his to-do list so that I can colorize some salmon the match the red body, green head of the kokanee in the spawning phase.

I hope you all enjoy the Breitenbush as much as I do. Caution - it's a big download - 45 MB - there are 13 outings, one only available in challenge mode. If you find any major errors, please let me know.

After downloading, unzip (extract) the file to your "outings" folder, i.e. c:\Program Files\Pishtech\Real World Fly Fishing\Outings\

You will also need to move two files to your "Sounds" folder:
blue_heron.wav
osprey.wav

Here you go:

Breitenbush River Zip File

Tight Lines,

Dave (Dcarp)
Last edited by dcarp on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcarp

Postby Fishin Musician » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:57 am

Hello Dave,
I downloaded your outing but it will not open
Error:
supporting files have been corrupted
please reinstall the fly fishing simulator
press the space bar to exit

Let me know if it is a problem with your download or something I did wrong. I look forward to fishing your creations :D
Fishin Musician

Postby Cutch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:53 am

Dave,
What a wonderful job you did with the photography :!: Makes me want to come up and fish your stream. :wink:
I fished every site, catching one fish each one. I wanted to hurry and see all the sights. (sites) I like the sound waves you installed too. :wink:
Congrat's on a job well done. :wink:

Cutch

New outing

Postby Bobcat John » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:03 am

I'm getting the same message as fishin musician I have not down loaded the river making kit could this be the probelm.

Thanks
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:37 am

Folks,
I'm only guessing, but I believe you need to download version 115 in able to watch Dave's Outing :!:
Paul posted this link earlier:
http://www.pishtech.com/ock0.html

On the first page it has a link to download version 115. I think this is the problem, but wait until Paul, or someone smarter than me will have to verify this.

Here's the link:
http://www.pishtech.com/rwffu115.zip
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:19 am

Wow, it's a beautiful outing. Very nice photos. Great work, Dave.

I found a bug about the highscores. I fished as Peter and caught three fishes:

Fish: 12 inch RainbowTrout from rwffa200_BreitenbushRiver; Code: ATMAHOYOLMCACGHMGZQJTZHWO
Fish: 9 inch RainbowTrout from rwffa200_BreitenbushRiver; Code: SNLSUCVQFYOGCRHLACVGAFJVR
Fish: 8 inch RainbowTrout from rwffa200_BreitenbushRiver; Code: HGYSTVIEDIWGJDNSKYZXGQKAU

The highscore-screen shows wrong datas and the wrong fly, also if I delete the cheater.rec from this outing folder:

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby taupo_tiger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:51 am

hello pitti,

it does not cure the reasond for the bug , but:

if you want to delete these records shown in your pic (the outing top 10) , you must delete "top10.rec" in the outing folder

it is not possible to delete single lines in the top10.rec
taupo_tiger

Postby taupo_tiger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 am

hello,

a few suggestions:

once you have installed dcarps custom water, go to the outing folfer before fishing
and delete all rec files there (they are dcarp´s testing the outing rec files)
once you have entered the outing, change the fly to any fly in the game

then rechange th fly to a custom one of yourself

this is MY result (but i do not knwo if this worked by chance or i did solve the bug )

taupo_tiger

Postby taupo_tiger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:34 am

@dcarp: after a very short first look i have to say:

outrageous outing, great job, thx a lot
:)
taupo_tiger

hi

Postby jcroc36 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:39 am

Hi Dcarp

great outing, it fished well, at the moment i only noticed no code for the fish that are caught and no code for the outing fished. maybe Paul will help with that.
Once again great work and great outing :lol:
jcroc36

Postby taupo_tiger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:45 am

hello again,

OT: paul, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase give us the right to edit our own posts /OT

update for the wrong fly bug

after my posting i reentered the game and caught a new record - the fly was wrong again
so i changed the fly again to my taupo tiger red and caught a new record

the result is shown below

so my conclusion: if you want your record fly shown correctly, you must rechoose it with ok after every entering the outing before you start fishing

taupo_tiger

hi

Postby jcroc36 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:57 am

Hi All

Pleae ignore my previous post as i forgot i was in cheater mode, i have completed in normal mode and got a code for every fish and a code for the outing.
also can someone please advise how i would get a copy of my fish record page on to the forum post

thanks
jcroc36

Postby paul » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:21 pm

I've got to echo everyone and say Dcarp did a great job on this river! This was the first time I got to fish a river in the game that I hadn't integrated, so exploring each fishing site was a lot of fun. Finally I get to see what it feels like to explore unfamiliar water in RWFF! Well done!

I'll see what I can do about editing ones own posts. It's probably a setting I can toggle on.

Version 115 (which isn't on the downloads page yet, only on the OCK page so far) is needed to fish in custom outings. The issue with fish codes is significant, too. I'd considered disabling fish codes for custom outings because anyone could edit the configuration files making the fish bigger and hungrier to cheat in a contest. But that won't be necessary. I'll make some changes to let outing developers lock them down (if they want to) so others can't edit or view the configurations. 8)

As for records files, that's a step I should add to the instructions for preparing an outing for release. All the .rec files should be removed, including personal and top10 files. I'll get that added to the documentation.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

I got the new river working

Postby Bobcat John » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I did what cutch suggested last night and got the new river going a big thank you to Dave this is a great additional river to be exproling I hads a lot of fun catching a few 10 to 14 inch trout havedn't caught a salmon yet. Next fall Manily in October I might try shooting at Oneil forbay and if I get lucky I should get some nice striped bass during the fall they are really going after top water baits and it is alot of fun there are usually alot of other fisherman and I sure I could get some pictures for the game.

Thanks
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Bobcat,
That would be really kewl if you could get a bunch of different sized pictures of Stripers so Paul could add to the game. We have stripers in several rivers along our Southern Oregon coast. :wink:
Cutch

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing