My first Outing....

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

My first Outing....

Postby Cutch » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:02 pm

Using Paul's sample river pictures I downloaded, I created my fist Outing which I named The North Umpqua River. It's not really The North Umpqua, but it is pictures of a real river in Colorado. (I believe that's where Paul said the pictures were taken).
My Outing has only 3 sites and I made one of them a Challenge.

I never thought I could do this, but with Paul's help, (I think I drove him to drinking with all my emails...LOL), and his latest OCK Tool, it came out pretty good.

You'll see an obviuos boo-boo when you watch the video below: :wink:

My first Outing: North Umpqua River in Oregon

Now when I get back from Arizona next April, (We're leaving Dec 8th), I can start taking pictures of the McKenzie River for my first REAL outing. :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:21 am

Cutch,

Great work. I can't wait to fish your creations. Between to two of us, we'll get all of Oregon covered!

I really appreciate your assistance this week. It's been a pleasure working with you. Don't think you're the only one to drive Paul nuts this week. I traded messages with him several times as well.

Tight Lines,

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:08 am

Thanks, Dave. I redid the Outing. I had the current going the wrong way,...I fixed it. (Put the pink dot on the wrong end of the current lines....LOL)
I won't be sharing any of these FAKE RIVERS, only the real ones when I take the pictures with my camera like you are doing. :wink:

But these sample pictures are great practice for learning the new feature.
Paul suggested me trying this and it worked. I feel I can create a real river now that I "kinda know" how to use the OCK Tool. :wink:

Paul's latest update of the Outing Creation Kit Tool solved most of the problems I was having.

Looking forward to seeing your new outing, Dave. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing