Martin's 1000th Outing.. Congratulations and 1000 Thanks!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Martin's 1000th Outing.. Congratulations and 1000 Thanks!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Everyone:

A BIG THANK YOU FOR MARTIN...(2008.33 of them!)

Our hard working (and modest) outing creator Martin (aka Scottishwarrior) has just quietly completed his epic 1000th outing for our members to enjoy on the RWFF Forum. To those who do not know about outing creation this may not mean too much. However, if you had ever tried to create an outing for RWFF you will appreciate the work, the time, the thought and the precision that goes into making each one of these outings. 1000 outings is a lot of work and practically unheard off for this type of task. To me, this is a monumental achievement on Martin's part, and shows his devotion and love for our little game known as the Real Fly Fishing Simulator.

To make an outing you first start with an idea, decide on the fishing water, or the country from which you want to make the outing. Then you search for suitable pictures (if you didn't take the photographs yourself, or someone else sent them to you) on the internet and get the required pictures for your outing. This is no easy task in itself as maybe one of twenty pictures that you will find will be suitable for a RWFF scene. Then you rework those pictures and resize them to the format that you wanted, cropping them, enhancing them or sharpen them if necessary. Then you will end up with a collections of pictures (usually between 10 to 20 depending on the outing maker and outing) that you maybe a able to use in your outing.

Now you will take those pictures and will add water animation to them so they look alive and good in the fishing scenes. You will need to do a lot of research of what kind of fish is available and suitable for your particular location of choice. e.g. We don't want to use a big bill fish like the Sailfish into a stream condition, nor a small sunfish in an ocean outing). In short, this will require a lot of research and thought before you commit yourself to the realism of the outing. All requiring a lot of research and time spent on the internet.

Finally to get into the process of outing creation after you have the scenes, the fish, and this is no easy task as it requires an almost perfect precision in everything that you do. Or the outing just would not work! Paul has given us some great tools to enable us to make not only outings, but also the fish species that we use in those outings. Thanks Paul, we appreciate your efforts to no end.

I don't know about Martin (who maybe be called the greatest outing factory that ever existed) but it take me at least 10 or more hours to start making an outing and to bring it to a fishable state. Not counting the hours and hours spent creating the fish that I want to use in some of my own outings. Lets say Martin is particularly good at this sort of thing it would still take him at least 5 hours or more to bring you the outing on our RWFF Forum. It is simple math so let's do some rough calculations.

5 hours multiplied by 1000 equals 5000 hours of work. In days terms it would be 208.33 days! Wow, that is a staggering number when seen in cold figures.

Here I would simply like to thank Martin for all the love and hours he has spent on our little game/simulator. All provided to your for your enjoyment free of charge. How is that? All he would ask is for you to experience some of the most beautiful and exotic fishing destinations in our little world, and then make a post or two to share with us on the Forum. Sadly, very few people here have shown their appreciation for this type of work and dedication and we don't get many posts or comments for all that hard work. Sad? heh?

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Martin's 1000th Outing.. Congratulations and 1000 Thanks!

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:35 am

Hi Martin and Stanley,
Thank you to Martin for all the outings and hours of very enjoyable fishing and Thank you to Stanley for his fish creations that make Martin's outings even more enjoyable. Sorry for not posting more but big family medical problems daughter in law with cancerous brain tumor that was removed and oldest Grandson, Chris with abdominal
problems. Doctors, hospitals and everything else to go along with it. 62nd Birthday today and I'm taking care of everyone else. Talk to everyone later when I get a break, and again Congratulations to Martin on his big 1000. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby wim1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:08 am

this is an unbeleivable achievement, ty for much for all that effort.
i still have hundreds to tryout hehe
greetings
Wim
wim1234

Postby Jyndrek » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Martin and Everyone:

Big, Big Congratulations Martin ! This accomplishment made to measure the record Guinessa :P

Thanks to you, I could go fishing in locations which I would never have saw the. Martin Very Thank You for that .

I'm sorry that so rarely I visit here and write this, but I have the urgent have work to do, maybe after the new year will be more time .

Greetings to All and Wishes of Good of Health with Polish

Regards Gentlemen,

Andrzej aka Jyndrek
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:29 am

Hi Roger, Jundrek and Everyone:

Yes, that was an amazing accomplishment by Martin. Still can't believe the amount of time and effort that has gone into making those outings. Martin is a true supporter of RWFF and our little Forum.

Roger, Sorry to hear to have had such a busy schedule with the doctors. The older folks will appreciate your help for many years to come. Hope everything is under control and they are doing OK.

Jundrek, a great surprise to hear from our friend in Poland. You've not written in for a while and I was wondering and worried about you. Maybe when the snow start flying you will have a bit more time to spend on the RWFF software indoors. Anyway, my best regards to you and your family in Poland. :P

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Cutch » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 am

Amazing, Martin, thank you. I've really enjoying
fishing your Outings. :!:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing