Be Aware of Malicious email sent in friend's name!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Be Aware of Malicious email sent in friend's name!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:51 am

Hi Everyone:

There has been an increase activities in hackers using familiar names, usually from friends or someone that you know, to send out malicious emails with "clickable links." If you are in suspect of such email activities DO NOT click on the links as doing so may result in hackers, or bad guys with malicious intents to gain access to your computer and email addresses and at worst, your banking and credit card information. I have received emails from fake websites pretending to be my friends, your ISP service, Yahoo, Whatsapp and even Paypal and Ebay asking you to login and update your login information and passwords. They usually pretend to be the companies security team. DO NOT click on these links as they can be malicious and can compromise your private information stored on your computer. I recently received a fake email pretending to have sent to my by my good friend Martin and it turned out to be fake and malicious.

If you are in doubt about anything, login to a secure website and change your passwords right away. Never update anything through clicking a link on an email sent to your inbox.

I hope this information is helpful to some of you. The internet can be a very dangerous place sometimes. :oops:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing