windows 10

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

windows 10

Postby badger040 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:49 am

hi all
apart from issues related to outing/fish creations
is there any impact on the game play....
the time has come to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10
regards
Badger040
badger040

Re: windows 10

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi Barry:

The RWFF will run on Windows 10, sort of that is. This is my experience with running RWFF on Windows 10. The software seem to run ok and it fishes just fine but I was never able to get the correct graphics display on the screen, especially on a laptop with smaller screen. The top of the screen is cut off and this can be frustrating as some of the functions are obscured. This is just my own experience of running RWFF on two different laptops. One with 13 inch screen and the other a 15 inch screen. Both have the top of the screen cut off by a boarder. If there is a graphics setting to overcome this I have not found it. :oops:

If someone has a solution for this I would love to hear it. :P

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: windows 10

Postby rwwalleye » Sun May 15, 2016 2:07 am

Hi Badger and Stanley,
I've been playing RWFF on Windows 10 since it's release. To get RWFF to work on Windows 10 start the game, when your name shows up, click on your name. When next screen shows up, hit Options. When option screen shows up go to game Resolution. Put it on 800 x 600. Then Go to Full Screen and turn it off. Then go back and hit Fishing and game should start but will end up only taking up about 2/3 of screen to the left side. Smaller screen to play on but it works well, had no problems. Only downfall is tying flies and outing tool seems to work in slow motion. Hope this helps. Roger
rwwalleye

Return to Tech Support