A Rare Ohrid Trout For Roger!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Rare Ohrid Trout For Roger!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

I know Roger has been working on a rare trout outing for the past couple of years. In this outing you will have an opportunity to catch some of the rarest trout in our world. I have seen parts of this outing and let me tell you that this will be a very nice one so it will be worth waiting for. :lol:

Tonight I sat down and built an Ohrid Trout for Roger to include in his rare trout outing. The Ohrid trout, also known as the Salmo Letnica is native to Macedonia and Albania. It is found in the beautiful and famous Lake Ohrid and is considered an important food fish for that part of the country. Years ago the Ohrid trout was imported and planted in some Minnesota Lakes and also in some Wyoming water systems. Catches of these rare trout have been reported by anglers fishing these waters. The appearance of the Ohrid trout is similar to the Brown Trout of the US and Europe but has a fatter body and bigger fins. The coloration is beautiful on this fish. Often seen with bright red orange spots. Below you will find some pictures of the new Jumping Ohrid Trout.

The maximum size of this fish reaches 30 inches. Not surprisingly good caught pictures of this fish proved hard to find. I should have this fish alive and swimming pretty soon. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Rare Ohrid Trout For Roger!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi Roger and Everyone:

I finally got the Ohrid trout swimming in my fish pond tonight. I am happy to report that the fish looked great in the water and fought very well, doing just enough jumps to make them a bit more realistic. Here are some pictures of the Ohrid trout being caught.

I guess the rest is up to Roger now! :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Rare Ohrid Trout For Roger!

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi Stanley,
Definitely a fine job on this trout and could definitely find a place for it in my outing. Appreciate the thought and the hard work you put into these new fish for RWFF.
Roger
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing