A New Dorado Mahi Mahi For Martin and You Guys!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A New Dorado Mahi Mahi For Martin and You Guys!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi Martin and Everyone:

As we are nearing the end of the Amazon Challenge it is time to move to new horizons. Martin and I were talking about building a new fish for the Philippine waters and I searched hard for a fish worthy of building. It has to be big, colorful and good a good Jumper. I came up with the Jumping Dorado, or Mahi Mahi known in some countries. You remembered how hard and high the giant Arapaima jumped in the Amazon Challenge? Well I think this beautiful and hard fighting fish will do it even better. This fish will reach a maximum length of 50 inches and is widely distributed in sub tropical waters all over the world.

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Dorado Mahi Mahi. I hope soon you will be able to test your angling skill against this fish. I only wished I had a dollar for every time this fish jumps and throws the hook on you! :lol: :lol:

And this is what it does when it is hooked!

I think the picture will speak for itself! Can't wait to see this fish in one of Martin's great outings! :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A New Dorado Mahi Mahi For Martin and You Guys!

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi Stanley,
Looks like another great infamous jumper to try my skills on. Your Jumping Arapaima does try a fisherman's patience, I can imagine what this one would do,
rwwalleye

Re: A New Dorado Mahi Mahi For Martin and You Guys!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone:

It is pretty late over here, (or early at 7:45 am HK time) but I just couldn't go to bed until I got the Jumping Dorado finished and swimming. Such is the passion for our RWFF game. It will be Saturday over here so I will get the day off anyway. :lol:

I really liked the looks of this fish and wondered how it would react to the pressure of a rod and line in a fishing situation. I was not disappointed. This is one mean and beautiful Jumper and does all the things a Dorado is supposed to do when hooked. I still have a bit of tuning to do on it before I am satisfied. Here you will see the fish in action in "Stanley's Fish Pond". This is a test outing in which I test all the fish before I release it. I think you will like what you see here! :lol:

This is the Stanley's Fish Pond:

The Dorado doing the acrobatics!

This is the caught picture!

Not too bad at all. I hope you will be able to catch this Jumping beauty in a new outing soon! :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing