Valentine's Day Challenge...new Amazon River posted!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Valentine's Day Challenge...new Amazon River posted!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:24 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Roger just sent me his latest score for verification. A very good job and the score is coming up the board. I have verified the score and it is all legal. Congratulations to Roger for such a fine effort. :lol: Still have a ways to go to catch that Badger though!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
All scores to this date at 1:45 Pm EST on 2/17/2016 have been verified and are all legal. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:35 am

Hi Everyone,
Tried the challenge tonight and came short on my last score. Came close and it was without Stanley's Monster fish. I hooked three and all three threw the hook on me. Just Imagine what the score would have been if I caught all three. Good Luck to everyone on the challenge. Let's see some more scores posted.

Amazon Challenge 3
Fish: 28.49 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: DNZIYFQNHXSVN0727HGBQCKZEDRNNFFWOQQSSQELFHSKTZVFRDLQYIDZNGJSU
Fish: 39.79 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: EDMHDGJXSPJKJ1917BIINSBGYWDAXWCSVDQUAOTDTSRHZIOHDGQDHKRCFLSFX
Fish: 38.26 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: JLAKHFHOAXMLI1126OKMNDTUEQPCDJSXDZZQYGDEXRAIJTJLRFNKJGBQNIINR
Fish: 39.50 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: JKDMLXMEQXTYR8200MFJIAMWLWPKVEYBVAVZKXLIXOAOXDZUVXFHZFKFHOKLU
Fish: 37.91 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: FONHZMEFAPUFN1449XCBPVTHNKCTVSIQXBHOREYBSMSFJEWAZIOYGVWJALCUK
Fish: 38.58 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: WYXKTRODPZVPV2980JNCPYCDFKCINGXGXFKVILHRBMNHJPRQRQLPSVRCGHXUD
Fish: 36.19 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: NNFPNYAQVNMTH1450VDDCQCLWXCVBQPKOVYIXIRDXACGPULDZQTIZYMJMBEID
Fish: 31.24 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: VAGVNCXIHKGMC8604BJSOLZEMVXVNRSRJADYZXOECYWUCGCKPZGFNDKQMQVGK
Fish: 45.64 inch Payara Vampire Fish from C L Amazon River; Code: MWBGRPVHSOGXM9257UHBJDGYDBNRKDZSEIMPBBLPBMTPYEAKRFGKGDPWQREJS
Fish: 40.73 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: XPVNLJZUKJDSQ4903AEKZYUIEICFEBVGKQWONSGFXAVYBOUJRBYNLQWXFIYBO
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5057; Code: HHMQYXVYOPXKNBJVKBTXVKGDZQUWAAILSFHVJSHACUPXKAWIKUFDGYYBRMMPJ
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Dear All:

Roger, I just verified your score and caught codes and they are legal!

I gave the Challenge another try tonight and came up with a slightly better score. Caught two Arapaimas and lost a nice one in one of the scenes. Still not as good as Badger's score but I am improving! I am sure Badger has been fishing but he is having some trouble login into the RWFF Forum. When he gets his problems sorted out I am sure we will see even better scores from him. Guys, competition is tough these days so give it your best. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

Fish: 41.58 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: NMISQQFGDJVVQ8335KIWHTMDCHZETLVOFYNRJZAZQPBMDESDLZLXFJCGFJVGK
Fish: 40.51 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: WEMNPDEMCHRNU3570HROYVYXUHDMGWQJJVFVWVAHYGUAIKUPDQASCBJQKAPWT
Fish: 41.98 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: OOWQNFSWWOMNT1279RGXGYJLBINDW?FNNYAGEGKSERQFMKQSOAPEUJAKYQGZG
Fish: 28.49 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: VHFGXEWFVBAJN2993BWUJLSJWPYOBITPPTAVTNAJGJSLGRLZQKSFUQQYCRBJK
Fish: 36.19 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: GRMKQRSCDUIAG5489XQBDJFMEBWRGBLLNVYTATBIORQAMZDOZRAQMALXQSNYQ
Fish: 68.04 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: EJWDDVPYXEGTE3480CIOLOIXQWSTCQIMYVKAHWNUXBMFRKMEQBMANEFGOJTBH
Fish: 60.00 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: CDBVWQEEJCZSJ3410DCHDIPLHPGEPGCVALCPPJQQORZGVTFCRJNGRCIDXMMXA
Fish: 29.80 inch Payara Vampire Fish from C L Amazon River; Code: VVGHWSFFEKFWC8960SVVVXWEMUKKCFTKGPTQAVFCNGQVPBKCSHZFSQJNIGSFX
Fish: 29.65 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: WGUZSKIUDGMPK7791LUMBADIYOUNOXMJZLULYUJHFUEOGQOGNPQOODKEVOFPY
Fish: 34.08 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: KDVNINNGMKUSB4327CZMWFXDBOGYUSLUZEXJJWBOSIKBMSEENGITTYIOYQETN
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5253; Code: AIUXOIMRMFHLZINIEGWPEPHWTXIRIKGHNQOZVDYRWUTBXRDEWHGNGFEREVFZP
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi Stanley,
Still been busy going to doctors, and taking my dad to doctor for his checkup after getting home from hospital. Hopefully after 2 more MRI's with the contrast again , I may get a clean bill of Health. With all the contrast they're using I probably couldn't walk past a Geiger counter without it going off the charts. Other then that I'm doing ok.
Your Jumping Arapaima's are definitely doing their jobs. Out of the 3 that threw the hook, the one which probably of been in the upper 70's buy the way it fought and the time it took to making me think I had him caught, right in front of me it made a final surge and decided to give my fly back. It does make your Challenge a lot more interesting. I definitely think you did an excellent job with this one and congratulate you on a job well done. Badgers score can definitely be beat but it will take a lot of time and patience. Also Thanks for the verification. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 am

Hi Roger:

I sure hope your medical tests will check out with fly colors and you are on the way to good health again. Better get that old body fixed up before the fishing season starts. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed catching the Jumping Arapaima. It was quite an effort and took a lot of experimenting to get that big fish to jump at that height. I tested the fish in my test outings to make sure that they perform well. Yes, I think Badger's score can be beaten but one will need some luck and a lot of patience. I tried a couple more times and guess what? I lost a couple of monsters after a long fight and that is fishing. We know they are in there but it will take a lot of luck to put the big fish together in one Challenge. Avoiding the bait snatchers requires a bit of skill too. Overall I am satisfied with how the outing came out.

C'mon guys, we still have approximately one week to catch the big fish and turn in a good score. Wondering what Ninjata and Jundrek are doing? They like to fish in our friendly competitions in the past but they are conspicuous by their absence in this tournament. They are great competitors too. I also expected Barns to turn in some terrific scores but so far nothing. :oops:

Take care, do your medical routine and you will come out feeling like a new person in the Spring. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:53 am

Hi Stanley,
I fished it a few other times and I must of got your hidden monster hooked on one of them. Spooled me right away but I held him for about 20 minute. Started slowly getting him in. About have way in started doing it's famous continuous jump and threw the hook. A day in the life of fishing for your infamous Jumping Arapaima. Best score I come up with in the last 2 tries was 4024.
Also yesterday spent 10 hrs. with AVG my antivirus. Somebody sneaked in the back door as they put it. Put 2100 registry errors on my computer and knocked out my AVG program. I called them and they showed me the problem and it took the 10 hours to clear the computer and reset up everything fro me. So I'm running clean and smooth and a lot faster. These guys definitely back up their product. Ended up losing a couple important files in my download file but I can get them back. They cleared out about 15 GB of garbage on my computer that I didn't even know was there.
Well I will keep trying to increase my score and hopefully a couple of others will post scores even if they don't beat your big Fish or Badgers high score. We still only have 4 people that posted. Will post again real soon. Everybody enjoy the rest of their weekend. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:25 am

Hi Everyone,
Just finished fishing the Challenge again and caught 3 Arapaima's and lost 3 others. Caught an Arapaima on first site and kind of went down from there. Spent a lot of time sight fishing waiting for the Arapaima's to show up. Worked ok until they threw the hook, then it seemed like the Piranha liked it a little better. Here's my score and a few pics.
Amazon Challenge

Fish: 66.68 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: WCSQWKPOBQYIF1449IHTRPRHAWXCQWCIMDQNUERPRSTMTMSZTSLFHMPUZBZTW
Fish: 12.00 inch Amazon Piranha from C L Amazon River; Code: JHJPVXAWWDFUL3964KJHOXWRYDFSFHIWWSVAUXKNIWPGOPNEWJAIKTZHQLZTW
Fish: 43.06 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: QGEBTVDBAUWHS4161WNOFTNXMXROQTDIVKOWPMBVGXMCBYGJDOYZIQLZKMLHN
Fish: 34.78 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: YSMQDOMRVJVMJ8923RHOIEKRKCUDPCZBVKNUOIIULFTTVBBPQKKFPADMDABJK
Fish: 25.24 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: FXNYPUTOWPFCF8050ACBXYBLMXNMZREOACTTGMTGDMXTLUGGKZPTWPDEDAAEW
Fish: 35.54 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: ENQCNEHUYZXIB9621FNLAGQQQWOLAJTNGTGQLFFEMVFPMHRDKFRBZXIQNUFEN
Fish: 63.59 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: OJKUWWQKLZDXX2901NWBAKXEKDQBYASHAZSQMHAFHMWJFYCUYNBSEZVRWKAPH
Fish: 40.87 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: NNNZZOJZVRPJH1450QOKPVQXFXCVBQPKOWYIXIRDXACGPULDZQTIFHMJMOOJQ
Fish: 61.38 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: SUEFHYMRUUZLP9644CDLLDBNSWWGZ@MSOCWVHRJATWCNFPNQRHIDNGNNXZIDG
Fish: 29.94 inch Payara Vampire Fish from C L Amazon River; Code: AHWCDAFWBZIRF4356ZQHGAWCJKIIFJMZGZKIHUGVXRKHLBTNIQYCDNUFSZNLD
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5288; Code: RZDSAFVVXJCTSQNVCFTDGDNZPDJSQCDDSQNEHBSVIFJMBUGQOAPEXXNRBJDIL
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:03 am

Hi Everyone,
All scores except my last post which Stanley will verify are all valid and legal at 1 AM EST 2/21/2016
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:53 am

hi all
dont know what happened with my login details but back on track now..
i have been trying to catch THE MONSTER and experienced the same as you guys
none of my other attempts came close to my score,,all in the mid to low 4000's
in one scene i hooked into a very large Arapaima but it got stuck behind the drag bar,luckily or not it threw the hook but i kept the fly
unbelievably i hooked another or the same fish and this time,after a short battle it again threw my hook.
guess what,i think the fish was PLAYING me cos it happened a third time.
now as we all know its third time lucky yeah
in this instance it was the fish that got lucky.another thrown hook.
then after a coffee/tea/tea/coffee break
and undeterred by my previous attempt
this happened

Fish: 63.82 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: GBXRXJVYTVWAC5292RKAORLWKDWFXLOHGDXRKUMXSGIVGRDMFWVVTLYNAYVHA
Fish: 30.60 inch Sardinata from C L Amazon River; Code: LSWUJBXWFKOBU2212UUYSSXLYKBJZQBSJFKSECREGEVJRSIEENMPMKQERRRCE
Fish: 71.39 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: ANGYJBHZGBHTR4529TAMAQLRTWJBKDSBCRVHODAFSZFEEDRKMTCZCZRCAPAPH
Fish: 14.67 inch Silver Piranha from C L Amazon River; Code: VJVZHXJYVXVXV4115TTHBQMFAJBXRIPPGMPDVFJJNYBZEXNPAJITDXRTQBIDG
Fish: 76.88 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: CHDESYFMMUQUG1652YCZXRXTYXBWN@MWHNYNTAJICLKIQQCJUNBHLVDMWJXFD
Fish: 58.17 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: CMIAJHHJYNUDB0020GMGOFHWYXDXKXYTWMGULRLVYQEMWKQPKAPTRKHYATJSU
Fish: 13.38 inch Amazon Piranha from C L Amazon River; Code: CKXNSJIKVCBCM6909DJAEZBKMQLWDWCTGDZMJACERCVYZEOZSUZGGQOKPYPBQ
Fish: 12.87 inch Amazon Piranha from C L Amazon River; Code: AEDGUMPQHPVDZ6919LDBWSJZDJZHHMVCIURBRUFAIAARCNHFBKAESOJHZLZTW
Fish: 45.13 inch Payara Vampire Fish from C L Amazon River; Code: ZNMCTDUNSEOFJ7388WOWSIJHWWHREQADQZDLWYZAVNMUZWIPTRLFFRDIBVIDG
Fish: 28.76 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: MDHCDJOXWEEZC2921FTPXDEPSWDMCQMRCTLOCCDBGKKCJHVAZVDYIXRNFVUMP
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5321; Code: PKUFGSYWMLGKEBREBGYDVYADPREJTMAOSEUOTFTUWDSICVHJNYYOJGJTIFJWV
i dont know where all the other guys are but i hope they have not been put off by my high score,maybe in the next tournament i should keep my best til last
i agree with Stanley and as roger has shown, my score can be beat..
anyhow
back to monster chasing
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:58 pm

hi all
as i said in my last post
i am on the hunt for the Stanley's monster and occasionally i will make a score worth posting
Stanley has produced an excellent challenge outing which deserves to be fished by one and all
anyone who has tried to create an outing will know just how much time and effort goes into it,let alone creating fish species
IT DON'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT

Martin,our main outing creator produces,time after time after time,outings from around the world that i am sure we all fish at least once without a thought of posting something in recognition of his time/effort....i'm just as guilty.....the DUNCTON MILL outings he produced for me are worthy of a look....THANKS Martin
right
back to the issue at hand
Fish: 68.28 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: IQOERXSXEZQIQ2871YFAZWFSKXBOOVREHTJZYQMYMIHHWYCLOYNKPCCUSUNNX
Fish: 25.56 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: AKHJVUGDLOVLL9482OSLSIZIWDAAVGCEEKDIYVZRLIUOUPFUGFWBXIGEJCLMK
Fish: 29.20 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: KBHVBNWLLVAQM0395NSUBZPBYCAPN@PBKRITPFRWLCAFPUCNDASFONHTOJZTW
Fish: 29.84 inch Sardinata from C L Amazon River; Code: KVONRKPQZXGXN9735OGECIRXAJOLUJWYXDMTBNRYOHTMHZZORADCUDXMDGLMK
Fish: 12.36 inch Silver Piranha from C L Amazon River; Code: ZWDCGZXAOCDPC5188LKPOODZMJSLAIWBTXHQLGCFGNRZBNTUMBESFGKDCXGHV
Fish: 12.52 inch Oscar from C L Amazon River; Code: ONUTUGAYLCSIU0154EEARUZQRQZLWUDIGKWPQYTWEOPLACGBSKHTQRQAUBZZT
Fish: 39.24 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: QIMWWBIJCAQUH8382KLQUYSXHDJYYUZALXDEJELNNLVQYWAZNMOMJOMNXSZTW
Fish: 72.20 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: UTFHHMMBMEERZ5045ZSAERDGGXPLZSSTHZGBFGURZMBCYOMNPODYKZEJYZFTD
Fish: 39.10 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: KGBBEMPRFIHBI1761VCBLMGWZKCQSPBYYPPIZWUKHZUJNGQLTNGRUCTNRSLHN
Fish: 55.56 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: UXHQDLFRPPUTW1287GXEQCOVWCZDXUCMOZKZJXNINHMETSQUJLIHOVZSVFVZK
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5171; Code: RGXDFHGWSPZBQSKPQOKWCERJYQONIIQCNRMVIUDPNLZZMFBHWIMSTAPITRNGO
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Badger and Everyone:

So glad you are back online and making some great posts again. I want to thanks you for your kind words re the work involved in building outings and fish species. I am sure Martin would appreaciate your words and would also feel the same way. Yes, it does take a lot of time to build an outing, from conception to the finished outing. Fish building, (some of you might have tried it) is anything but easy as it requires a lot of detailed work and heavy concentration. Some fish are easier to build than others but most of them would take anything from 2-5 hours to build and tested out. After you get done building the fish you still have to test it repeatedly and work with the set up files before it behalves like the way you want it to in an outing. Remember the old days when a big heavy fish would sulk and pull under the water surface for half an hour or more before you even get to see it? I think the Jumping fish species have added a lot more fun and realism to our beloved game. As in real fishing, some fish do jump when they are hooked and others don't...e.g. a Catfish would not jump much when fighting the angler. You don't see that in the Amazon Challenge. :lol:

Martin and I both joined the Forum about 8 years ago. Our forum has had its ups and downs over this time period but we persisted and kept it going. I think it is our love and passion for fishing, and our desire to do something with, and for our fishing friends, that kept us going this long. For those who know me well I am a man of many hobbies and interests. I could easily just throw in the towel and call it quits but that would be a real shame as we do have Paul, who is a great person, good friend and coding genius and he gave us a fantastic software with so much potential for development, and then there are people like Badger, Roger, Jundrek, Cutch, Chuck, Boston Bob, just to name a few, we have become good friends through our common interest in fishing. I could leave this game and forum for a while, but I always come back and try to do something new and interesting for our friends. :lol:

I have had a couple of Monster get away from me too. The outing creator does not have any advantage here as the big Jumping Arapaima treats everyone the same way. :lol: One day one of us will get real lucky and we will get that Monster fish. It is fun to work on that though. :lol:

Keep those great scores and caught pictures coming!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi Roger, Badger and Everyone:

I gave the Challenge another try tonight, intending to tame that monster fish. Guess what? I didn't find the monster but I was successful in catching, not two, but three Arapaimas in the same Challenge. I really think this is the key to getting a great score. I played the fish very carefully and with a lot of patience...sweaty palms all the time, and I was successful in landing all of them. :lol:

As the outing creator, and sponsor of this Amazon Challenge, my scores will not count for any prizes. However, now you guys will have a lot of fishing ahead for you before the dead line. Remember, it is not over until the Fat Lady sings and there is still plenty of time to come up with that monster fish, or a bigger score!

Here are the pictures and the caught codes. Roger, can you please verify them for me. Thanks! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

Fish: 67.74 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: ICNLNPNVUIWMC5914UDUFMXVSPVKNFJAPLXNJIGGFLJYWVDINBXLHHQFMHNNX
Fish: 62.22 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: USUUUVDVDLLIA2920JRRRPAQUIETZWQPQXDKRXDVRJTAMGCWSYVVQDUYRKCUK
Fish: 30.94 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: DVJGKGPYMCOPP7432MJNYDWBAJYPBBIQHZQGSPPUQWWWJAWTOEWBLKTRJFMCX
Fish: 38.93 inch Piraiba Goliath Catfish from C L Amazon River; Code: AKVYTDUZMBWWL9482AXFKJCYVIOAVGCEDHDIYVZRLIUOUPFUGFWBNNGEICPWT
Fish: 36.30 inch Jumping Golden Dorado from C L Amazon River; Code: XMQEXZBFZMPCK9856ZWYMQDOMCKMPWFJFLEPXKNJIJLQRAIBTMAXCNLRMGIIU
Fish: 43.21 inch Payara Vampire Fish from C L Amazon River; Code: UXNVJKORODSKW1287SCYIDRLVHNDXUCMNWKZJXNINHMETSQUJLIHEAZSWMUJX
Fish: 25.64 inch Sardinata from C L Amazon River; Code: KFZTXDTTNLQSR8546GCSYKDOFVYZKTZUPNERLOKOAWTPCYGMFFYGAOJCMGXLI
Fish: 38.18 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: ZYALWNOTRUWTR9100TSPQVMBPVYUQISBIKWYNXLWNTSNZLVKWZUGGFEZNGCUK
Fish: 61.46 inch Jumping Arapaima from C L Amazon River; Code: LSNPVBKQGPNNU2212GZSKTABXPPJZQBSICKSECREGEVJRSIEENMPSTQERNUMP
Fish: 28.48 inch Bicuda from C L Amazon River; Code: FOZSBDQJAGSON1449ONXZBJXMPQTVSIQWDHOREYBSMSFJEWAZIOYSNWJAGOJQ
Challenge: C L Amazon River; Score: 5538; Code: PMIXVSQJNFSGURMKEJAJFDGPTPWSKTWHHSJWVXCLDRTVATJAXWNCAJDGVSBCT
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Stanley,
Your scores are verified and legal. Excellent score and excellent fish. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi Everyone,
Stanley come up with a great score and Badger come up with a real nice Arapaima. I apologize to Badger for missing the Challenge score with his 76.88 inch Arapaima. All scores are verified and are legal up to this point in the Challenge as of 6 PM EST on 2/21/2016. Roger
rwwalleye

PreviousNext

Return to Real World Fly Fishing