Update issues

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Update issues

Postby MikeB » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Hello all, having recently re-installed Rwff I'm having an update issue I have the deluxe edition and i installed latest update and realized it is for the 3rd edition. The game loads up after updating but getting just the screen images of various sites yet no validating, just the arrow icon. Is the new links for previous updates on site as i could not locate any and not sure if the latest works with the version i'm using
Thanks in advance,
Mike
MikeB

Re: Update issues

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:08 am

Hi MikeB:

A warm welcome to our Forum, Stanley here. I am not sure if the latest updates will install on old Deluxe versions or not. I think you should send Paul an email and he might have the correct answers for you and will help you get your copy working. Please contact Paul via this email address.

paul@pishtech.com

Or you can read this link and see how to install all the updates and patches on our RWFF Forum. You should have the latest updates to enjoy all the fun features that RWFF has to offer.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4925

Hope this helps, come back and see us on the forum soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby BWO » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:53 am

Recently, I upgraded to Windows 10. When I ran RWFF, the first time, I had broken up video, the mouse pointer jumped and froze, and I had a "blue screen failure." I uninstalled RWFF to check out if there were any more problems. None found. I purchased and reinstalled a "new" copy from www.pishtech.com. After installation the program works but I have a thin white menu bar at the top of the screen that covers a portion of the displayed material in the program. The mouse is still a bit jittery when in the flybox, rods, ,,, menu.

Would appreciate any help.

Warm regards from the land down under,

Tom McCoy
Perth, Western Australia
BWO

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:07 am

Hi Tom:

Welcome to our RWFF Forum. What you have found is pretty typical of running RWFF in a Windows 10 environment. You can try running the RWFF not in a full screen mode and this will help. But you will still have that white border on top of the screen but you will be able to read the menu items at the top. I am not sure what is causing the mouse lag though. Paul is aware of this problem and may come up with a patch for the RWFF so it will run in a Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 environment. He is working on a new version update for RWFF right now and it might be available early next year. It will have all kinds of great new features!

You can try dropping Paul a line and see if he has any immediate solutions for you. He usually answers his emails quickly.

Paul's email address: paul@pishtech.com

Hope this helps! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support