outing creation tool

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

outing creation tool

Postby badger040 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm

hi all
especially those of you who have created outings
today i decided to have another go at creating an outing,following the you tube videos made by Stanley
i have hit a brick wall and cannot get over it
i cannot get the Outing Creation Toolkit that i downloaded from the clubhouse to work
the first thing that happens when i try to open it is this a small box with a black background pops up on the screen for a split second
i cannot read what it says or make a copy of it.not on the screen long enough.
i have tried running compatibility troubleshooter and the result is
Program not compatible
can someone help please
regards
Badger040
badger040

Re: outing creation tool

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:23 am

Hi Badger:

Good to hear you are having a go at outing creation. Are you using Windows 8? If so the neither the outing and the fish building tools would not work in this environment. It works well in Windows 7 and previous OS's OK. That is why all of my computers are still Windows 7.

You can try dropping Paul a line and see if he has any fixes available. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 am

hi Stanley
thanks for the response
my laptop is windows 7
my tower is windows 8.1
does not work on either
i can understand the windows 8.1
i will email paul
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Badger:

I just thought of something that might have caused your outing tool not to work properly in your Windows 7 computer. How many outing folders do you have in your main RWFF outing folder? Both Martin and I have run into this problem in the past when there are too many (hundreds) folders in the main "outing" folder. I tried to limit the number of outing folders to less than a hundred or less and the problem went away. Just remove the extra outings that you don't fish anymore into another folder for keep sake. You can call it spare outings or whatever you want. Please give this a try and see if you better luck with the outing building .exe file.

Please let me know if this works or not. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:19 pm

hi all
especially Stanley
apologies for not responding to your last post.i did'nt see it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
in answer to your question i only have 5/6 outings in the folder at any 1 time
having watched your first outing creation video,lost count of the number of times
the issue with the outing creation tool was all down to OPERATOR ERROR :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yes ME
can you tell me if it is ok to proceed from this stage as my folder is not exactly as your's
namely b1 and b1bro see my screen shot
await your instructions
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi Badger:

Glad you found the error! Hahaha! We are only human and we make all kinds of mistakes but I hope we'll learn from them. :lol:

You folder looks OK except for the b1 and b1ro bitmaps. You have to make those yourself. You choose a picture from your outing and shrink it down to 200x150 and save the file as bmp file, I use the free (and fantastic) Paint.Net software to do this. You put the picture into Paint.Net, then resize it to the size that I mentioned. Name the newly sized image as "b1" in bmp format. Then you put a layer over the top of the reduced image, chose a color, and use paint bucket to cover the whole thing. Then you reduce the transparency of the newly added color layer to about 80%, now you can save this "tinted" image as "b1ro" in the bmp format. Copy and paste those into your existing outing folder and replace the two standard b1 and b1ro bitmaps and you are done. How simple is that?

Let me know if you have any luck doing this. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:44 pm

hi Stanley
thanks for that i will try now
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

hi all
can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with this..............a big ask i know
i cannot get any further cos of depth/current isues.............the compilation screen does not appear
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am

Hi Badger:

Can't tell much from the pictures that you posted. Most probably you didn't drawing the lines in for the current...mapcur. Try that and see if it works.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:12 pm

hi Stanley
despite reviewing your video and re-doing the mapdepth and mapcur repeatedly,step by step as per video
i am still getting this screen when i try to compile. :x :x :x :x :x
is this a different issue
this is my outing folder
after a few attempts at correcting my first outing and getting nowhere.i decided to start all over again but this time i have got 6 pics and not just the 3 as in your video
regards
Badger
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Badger:

The first outing is never easy. Took me two weeks to get my first outing to work. That was without tutoring and by trial and error, :lol: What a pain but it was worth it as I learned from all my mistakes.

The easiest thing to do would be for you to zip up your new outing and send it to me for checking. If you don't have my email address I will send it to you via PM. You will need to upload it to something like Dropbox and send me the link for the outing and I will check it for you. Most mail servers don't allow sending large files. I think most likely your drawing on the mapcur and mapdepth bitmaps were done incorrectly. I will have a look and will let you know.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Stanley
Thanks for the response
I will have to do it tomorrow as I have shut down computer.
Regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby jean guy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:16 pm

We get the exactly same poblem but we do not know what we are doing wrong. Can you help please.
Jean Guy a Gaspesian
jean guy

Postby jean guy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:16 pm

We get the exactly same poblem but we do not know what we are doing wrong. Can you help please.
Jean Guy a Gaspesian
jean guy

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi Badger, Jean Guy and Everyone:

This is a follow up on Badger's outing building problems. The problem has been already resolved but I will reiterate the problem on this Forum. Badger did everything right, EXCEPT for the fact that the lines and dots on the mapdepth, mapcur bitmaps were drawn with the Windows 7 Paint Tool. The "anti-aliasing" is ALWAYS enabled in the Windows 7 Paint and cannot be turned off. When this happens (drawing lines and dots with the Windows 7 Paint Tool) the RWFF outing building software does NOT RECOGNIZE the lines even the colors are of the right value.

To resolve this problem one needs to use the old XP MSPaint tool to draw the lines and dots in the bitmaps. Or alternatively, use the Paint.Net software to draw the lines. (the anti-aliasing can be turned off with this software).

I hope this above will resolve your problems for you. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support