Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California2

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California2

Postby badger040 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:07 pm

hi all
once again Martin has produced an excellent outing
only got 13 of the 14 fish
regards
Badger040
badger040

Re: Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California2

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Barry,
You have some excellent catches. You are right about another excellent outing. So far I have 12 of the 14 species caught and still have like 5 sites to fish to complete it. Will post my catches later this evening when I finish fishing the rest of the outing. Look forward to more outings like this one. Something to look forward too.
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Everyone:

Excellent fishing again by Roger and yet another beautiful outing by Martin based on the Lake Caribou in California. Speaking of fishing in California and the US West, I was reading something truly depressing tonight about the mind bending drought conditions in California. This beautiful and productive State has experience one of its worst drought period in history. The scientist are calling this a "Mega drought" and a NASA water scientist is saying that it will only get worst in the coming years with no end in sight. The recent climate changes (nah...some of the highly paid and highly ranked bastards are still saying "global warmer has no significant effects on our world weather pattern") have brought a lot less rainfall, moisture and snow fall on the high mountains and without some miracle, or a few tremendously wet days and weeks, the State will have only enough water to last for ONE YEAR! This is truly a horrifying predictions based on existing scientific data and computer projections. Wow! Double WOW!!

While the Caribou Lake is a high Sierra lake with adequate water supply, this is not the case for many of the large reservoirs and rivers in the lower valley area which depend almost entirely on Spring snow melt/ run offs from the high mountains streams. Unfortunately, this will include my old fishing haunt and favorite stream in the Central Valley..the Kings River near the city of Fresno, California. :oops: :oops:

You know what? If things continued at this rate, fishing of any form will only become a memory for the people of California. Maybe one day a Dad will fish a beautiful California stream on the RWFF Simulator and will tell his sons and daughters, "this is what so and so rivers (or reservoir) looked like in the good old days. The RWFF fishing simulator and our California outings might become a very important part in documenting California's fishing history and this to me, is VERY SAD! :oops:

To see the severe drought condition in California here are some recent pictures of lakes and reservoirs in that State. Not very pretty at all!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Stanley and Everyone,
A very interesting and very true article and definitely the pictures. I received an email the other day with an article that the farmers are now selling their water to make a profit. They say they are selling because before long, the government will come along and take it. So what's a person to do. Some of those pictures look real familiar. I forget the name of the lake but my uncle use to live close by and over 10 years ago the lake had dropped at least 60 feet and it hasn't gotten any better. They use to have trout tournaments there with tagged fish, and if I recall correctly one fish had a tag of over $100,000 dollars. Use to be very popular but like you said with the drought a lot of good fishing is ruined.
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:10 am

Hi Everyone,
Well I just got done fishing part 2 of Martin's newly released Lake Caribou, California 2. It turned out just as good as part one, with some
excellnt scenery, good sounds and some tricky currents that did take some special casting skills to get the fly to drift just right. Excellent fishing ahead,
Medium tackle will be ok to use but some of these fish are 40 to 60 + inches and some maybe larger. This was definitely another outing from Martin
that you will enjoy. Thank You Martin, It was very enjoyable to fish this one. You can fish on the surface with dry flies or go below with wet
flies, the same as in the 1st part. Either way you will definitely catch some fish. I did manage to catch all 14 fish species that Martin put into
this outing. Give it a try you will definitely enjoy. Barry also caught a very nice group of fish here and Stanley wrote a good article on the damage the
drought is causing on many bodies of water in California. Excellent pictures also.
Fish: 24.45 inch Jumping Spotted Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: RWLTUQVFCOPFJ4962CKPYJWCBKRZUVNYUZDIYBADJWUSFLOENZRFZKCSYGQEJ
Fish: 46.48 inch Jumping Northern Pike2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: NVRSSODFABHFJ5935WXAOYMRCQVYXLSIJCPHNQEAIPBOKAXNBFMSTLBCEEUTQ
Fish: 57.77 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: QZDUDSNSFBAKC0405VWWIZJOVJMCPGPXAFFJVTAXRZRVDSFWALBKZZJAQMVOI
Fish: 17.50 inch Jumping Black Crappie 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: AFDFQBNLZDMDP9035VNBWVRRFEQZPIXCQGLDMLGAXDEZBILACGIPGBBSAFGGG
Fish: 41.45 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: MWVBLQMBSKFEM9257UHBOCASSJZRKDZOHJCAIJULJMODLJUOWTGKZYPWLYLWD
Fish: 17.74 inch Jumping Black Crappie 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: AKPTHKPHLGVDL9482EXQNIAUFDAAVGCAEGTTFDINTIPCHUZYLTWBUQGEECGGG
Fish: 50.16 inch Flathead Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: QBPHUFTNOQOOW5723VDHVFEULXINKVYZHMWSEVIESZNNHRMGSPKMHNGFBSNFQ
Fish: 56.42 inch Blue Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: MIMZTOYORRCMY3289EIBBQPWCEFVIGYKQOJGTBPKCPQUCYVCUWRKJYVHEXUEA
Fish: 41.13 inch Channel Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: YTQQVXSTEZTKI1148LMRFHIWDXMVXGTCDDGWJYJMAIOBUWFSRGSIEFVPFJUEA
Fish: 18.42 inch White Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: KNPKGQMMSIKYL4040YTTZNWXMRDJGOCSDVCQAVWLTLSOFDTEZMKRQBZUDCCCI
Fish: 20.10 inch Jumping Black Crappie 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: VLASITKVXNNGK8236MIKYVTCNPLYZJDMFZUEEEBXDEGBOABKQVYHBDSHWEGXW
Fish: 53.00 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: SOOEDYBIQAXLC6173ZWBWNLMZCVNUEFVJDAAIRYNFNDDISJXRSMOUGRQIJLHN
Fish: 43.73 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: LCYVBBOOUXZDY2124QXWQBHQVQPWHHESCRZBDLTIZTRSZWJHXZHBQCDUORDGT
Fish: 40.32 inch Channel Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: GKFRIADOPLIPV2800PEZMPOBJQPYSKLBJIZHNKQZSYIWVMHWVUWIQIFQWQIXK
Fish: 59.85 inch Jumping Striped Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: XWPWFGFDHXGDB7562MRYXPCJXWHXSRWARZJXGJIOILMEKDECFAKNDUCERTSVN
Fish: 24.04 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: FVIQLKLOVWTVQ4039WAVVTWAIQVLJRIJKIUWTCTCEYJTATYTFHZGQHBQMYUJG
Fish: 19.79 inch Jumping Black Crappie 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: KSHDTTKSNMTMG4498YDAQAOSMQELEMGPZQKFSVHHPQDSLQHKQZFDMVMOFDIXK
Fish: 39.61 inch Jumping Walleye from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: FAOBJLUGQJZUY5473COIPPVXOXIXUCZIOXMEKECWTPPKWGRTDAZYRVKUIRPTJ
Fish: 36.94 inch Jumping Walleye Dark from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: PZXQJLFUMTXSO1702SBBLAZJAQQECUCYRVHKCEZELLMZJLKQHRVZMQFSQNLWD
Fish: 36.02 inch Channel Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: NDHKPHCKOZXEX1744ZTOPUPYWPAKXUZLLYZXCZOQNYSVPTCCXERJOUVDYCXVE
Fish: 34.43 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: NUGNXXCWIGOPS4839UAXJWFLJDEGPGQMBELQZHMEJMSMYKNVFPEHZPSRYUMAV
Fish: 55.73 inch Jumping Striped Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: NKOVPXRKCNBWB4104LGBINENIWTVLTZJQPWUOIZDQJNMTLSRGPVJNDBLQHGGG
Fish: 37.56 inch Jumping Walleye Dark from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: EITYIEOWEQPIF0385EDWRLZNIWEBDUOLRUOUZOMMYQGZTZWJZGEPYWWWFMMAV
Fish: 50.50 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: HABIEIVMAUXSZ2070JFFBGXAEKTLKTIFIRAJVJFJHJPTSNIXPOBDRELTPGDGT
Fish: 47.35 inch Flathead Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: FDJEPWKOJKLTF0610ZWRWXHPCQRQSAPNNFEEAMDSIGZAXUDJBOWXONOSZZIXK
Fish: 21.70 inch White Bass from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: WYKFXFAPOIVBV2980EYJCDQPOKCINGXCXFAGPTQNJMIVWULUWELPTXSCEIZJM
Fish: 17.60 inch Jumping Black Crappie 2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: ZKPTDVSWGJDTD2131GTAGAYBIDXRPTKUSMTPNGPAOWXSLNQLZRNGFPTKDNRKN
Fish: 36.92 inch Jumping Walleye Dark from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: SRFIFPUVICOGJ3499WDCEVXEWDNNKBWSQKTZYRRBUENTRGVEXHKFXADOANADP
Fish: 37.84 inch Channel Catfish from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: CPASJYEWQLKRH6345CYUQNUREQMYAUOUUPXMIZVNVHJHSDWBOVNSHYUWMODYD
Fish: 34.52 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass2 from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: RRGFDATBQNJKN5696TAIHVFYBKQPPXITYIVBFJQHNQIOYZAGEMWTBUZYSKXEW
Fish: 18.08 inch Jumping White Crappie from Sw The Wondrous Lake Caribou California 2; Code: PEDBYMHBGQYEP1247PPOGWYHFWDPNOBFVJZTCFAYADSYFYDYFJUZOJONNBSVN
rwwalleye

Postby Cutch » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:56 am

I downloaded both outings but when I try to play California 1, (haven't tried outing 2 yet),
I get an error saying, "Can't open food def file food\Golden Stonefly\food.def." I checked
the fish folder and had the Golden Stonefly so I downloaded the food folder from the
clubhouse and installed it again, but it still says the same thing. Where can I ge the latest
Golden Stonefly? (I'm guessing outing 2 will need it also.) Thanks folks.
Cutch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Cutch:

First make sure the food folder Golden Stonefly is in your RWFF "food" folder and not your "fish" folder. Then download this Golden Stonefly zip file and unzip it, and put it into your RWFF "food" folder. Click "Yes" if asked to overwrite. Now the outings should work. :lol:

Click this to download the Golden Stonefly zip file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/734 ... onefly.zip

Hope this helps, please post again if you run into other problems.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi Everyone,
Hi Cutch, hope you got your food files straightened out. these 2 outings from California are definitely excellent outings to fish. Martin did an excellent job and a lot of the scenery is very beautiful and relaxing to fish. Stanley wrote a little piece on the drought in California. My uncle lived out there years ago and he lived close to Lake Isabella, Which even about 10 years ago the Lake level was down about 60 feet. The pictures Stanley showed looks like the pictures my uncle sent my parents. Well hope everyone tries these outings. Good luck to all and have a great week.
rwwalleye

Postby Cutch » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Stanley Installed the fly then found out I was also missing the Blue Catfish. I
found it in the fish folder, installed it, now both outings work, thanks!
Nice job on the outings, Martin,.....they're well done and fun to fish. 8)
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing