Not So Good News....Computer Crashed!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Not So Good News....Computer Crashed!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:00 am

Hi Folks at RWFF:

I thought it would never happen but it did. My Alienware computer crashed and tonight I worked feverishly to try to revive it. After a couple of frustrating hours I am suspecting a hardware failure in the form of a dead cooling fan. Once the Intel chip overheats it just stopped working. At least that is what I am hoping for as the fan will be relatively easy to replace. The Windows software seemed to be OK as it would start smoothly and run until the CPU overheats. I am using a new computer that I bought a while back with Windows7 installed. As we all know some of the RWFF software can not be run on a Windows 8 OS so I bought one of the last Windows7 computers. Lucky I did that.

It will a while before I can do anything with fish and outing building again. I hope the old computer can be fixed so all that work will remain intact. I do have a backup of all the RWFF files but it will take a long time to move them into the new computer. So folks, I will be off RWFF for a while. I don't like it but that is life. :oops:

In the mean time, I hope Martin will keep those great outings coming, and you guys will fish them and will make some posts on the Forum to keep it alive and interesting. :P

That is all for now. Tomorrow I will call Dell to see if they can send someone over to fix the old computer.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Not So Good News....Computer Crashed!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Buddy,
Bad News Indeed,but if it is only the Cooling Fan it will be fixed very quickly,
You will soon be up and running again and no files should have been affected,fingers crossed.
Will do my best to keep things going in the meantime.
Good Luck,
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: Not So Good News....Computer Crashed!

Postby Barns » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:37 am

Stanley

Hope you have better luck with yours than what i had with mine. At least you have not lost everything.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Return to Real World Fly Fishing