Cutch's McKenzie River Challenge

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Cutch's McKenzie River Challenge

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi Barry,
All scores have been verified and are legal. Nice score Barry, Still a little over 2 days to go. Keep posting the scores. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Badger, Roger and Everyone:

WOW!! What a great way to start a New Year! Fantastic score indeed! This one will be hard to beat. Will see what Uncle Barnsie can dredge up from the deeps and his heart before the deadline runs out in a couple of days.

I had a similar Challenge score going, gathering over 280 inches in fish length after 8 scenes and then I hooked into a huge fish in the last scene. While fighting the fish I was distracted, turned around on my swivel chair and my mouse slipped just as the fish made another run and the line snapped. I tried for the next 15 minutes to find a fish and nothing. That would have been a very good score. I tried several times later that evening and nothing came close to that. Well, that is fishing! :lol:

After checking and posting the final results after the Challenge deadline I learned that Roger will be going in for some needed medical work. Thanks Roger for your selfless support and helping with the Challenge, and here I wish you the best of luck with your procedure. Take care and come back soon! :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Wow: You guys are fantastic fishermen. Very Nice scores. My hat is off to all of you.
Boston Bob

This score isn't nothing to brag about but it beats my previous one. I'm now in the 3500 club.

Fish: 36.67 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: SLPZTHJXEQMB9463KUTLEQSTPJLMGLPMLTSILMLRMWVBGITDGYPQJPDSSKPIY
Fish: 23.02 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: PPGYBDBWFSNH6667YAMGAKJIMQNSBLMZGXCDLIADOIBXDQLPVDLAMLLECFWNO
Fish: 35.81 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: GSPPDABUUCEN0119BDTIAVNLTJAJQBFZWJKKOFPISUOORQDGNHITJWSIUZUYV
Fish: 24.51 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: BFJJKJNJRXQM2133MHOWIYMUNXNPMYLPZPTZYWVTSRUJBTCUQMXAULUAJVSIH
Fish: 23.82 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: HIEIXIPBEPTZ8018JXCOOMESODMNZSCVDWKMXEWSGGOLPZWZZCNOSQFLMDEQT
Fish: 37.34 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: NNNZZOJVVONI2405AQTDEGBVSXCVDUPCOUYIXLOZBAAAJDBDZQTICXJJJLMPD
Fish: 24.42 inch Jumping Dolly Varden from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: HMGSTHQKHSGD1832PEHSAFPIVQVGXTMWJWOLBMPKVAHVKVBGBZTPPMAUTHDVI
Fish: 15.63 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: YPVMBXULBXHR6640IMFGHHJXBJCDBJJXWAUVGDEUAOGXGWFHKVMHRVPFJOPIY
Fish: 37.45 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ALSGUBXPEJVD1310YGIMAWSYLQSSXHWSMVOZMGOJPLBCAOFUCVELOVMOLQUYV
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3583; Code: DLWMMDFAFUXCBJSVBEQPCNFNAWZEDKRAYZBKQBSPCTGQQKJOHEVCINZFGJSOE

Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:23 am

Hi Bob,
Good Score Bob, 23 1/2 hours left in challenge. Good luck to everyone. All scores have been verified and are legal to this point of challenge.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Jyndrek » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:13 am

Hi Everyone:

DEAR SIR GENTLEMEN ;

Scoring and the lengths are amazing and really difficult to repeat. BRAVO :lol:

Fish: 37.96 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: SNDRIPSSGJZS7885NXWRGVXETQDVMMLNBPZYNDVRTKFPDGVUQWEECJWFELRWR
Fish: 23.49 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: OPZVIWBONFLB7797BXQEDLRLRXRUEZZBWSEXSSZKPUOTSJQRCIXPQFGVDDSIH
Fish: 23.30 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ZRHHJMEOUKEG1832JTKGOEGOIJQCCOSWWXZBASPNOIVPOJVWVORGGVVRUSDLY
Fish: 28.68 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: VWDPKKEWWSXU5266BXFCSJLEUJWBKFVHPQXHOGUCRRPJUSKBOPPQPMQYLYSSC
Fish: 35.94 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ELKUKVHEXHEB6800NJPYNMWCRPWCSVEEPNZIJRTIIHTNJREMAZBOLTDUYBUYV
Fish: 35.25 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: CPHXLYZWQJHK0994HCDNFYFPRQMYAYOQUTHBBUJNRHMNZHSXJHNSJVQWPQGEM
Fish: 34.81 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: IXHSPNLRQLTZ8885ESCMDAGRKDUYCXSUMZFWSKUIUUATVRAIPJYKNXFBESFML
Fish: 15.22 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: JJUUMVZGYQRL3078FNYGNONBWKXTNMEPMMKIWSQITCPOFWXVHHPWADXUYJWNO
Fish: 36.51 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: VPCBMTLCAFDN8909QTSPZRPYQDVQXHVJLBAKTQAPNGTRQIBNFEDQPVKQWOSHR
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3726; Code: WPBACYSZSTXWFAEYYDKVIJILPWROSXILVLYQMFBIUMGWBPPLYGSCLJOILEPEA

Regards to ALL :P ;

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Jyndrek, Boston Bob and Everyone:

Very nice last minute efforts by everyone. There is still a few more hours to go before the deadline. May the Gods of fishing shine on you during your last efforts. Jyndrek, nice Challenge score your turned in. If it wasn't wasn't for that 15 inch fish on the 8th scene you score would have been a bit higher but still a nice job! Bob, good to see you doing some fishing again. Thanks for supporting the cause and welcome to the 2500 Club! :lol:

It is looking like Badger's efforts are rock solid and will be unbeatable. However, there is no telling what Barns and Roger may have up their sleeves in the waning hours of the tournament. It will be a very exciting fight to the end. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
Well we have 9 1/2 hours to go. Good Luck to everyone. At 6pm U.S. EST I will be on watching for scores and will keep close watch until Midnight. I have at least one or two more tries left and see what I can do.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:20 am

Hi Everyone,
Another excellent challenge has come to an end. I want to thank Stanley for an excellent outing with a few new jumpers, that was giving me a little bit of trouble. Kept getting into a few of these every time I fished the challenge and had at least one fish that fought hard for a while and ended up snapping off the fly. Boston Bob gave a last hour try and came up a little short and had a few fish snap him off. Thank You to everyone for such a great showing. The competition was heating up fast. I had a high score for a very short time and then Barns showed up with a score that I thought was going to be hard to beat. Then along comes are infamous Badger with a really super score also coming up with a 40+ inch fish. Thank You again to everyone, it was a lot of fun watching the score come in. Hope everyone has a good new year and stay healthy and safe. I will send all the scores to Stanley so he could announce the winners. Congratulations to everyone again
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:27 am

hi all
a HUGE THANKS
to everyone involved in running this challenge
hope all goes well for you in 2015
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Barns » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:59 am

Hi All

Sorry i couldn't put in a further challenge , my pc went down just before midnight on hogmany and has not returned.

I have lost everything for rwff unless i can get some technical guy to get information back up and running, all links i have been told don't work for fish, this is giving me a headache as it will not allow me access to my dropbox account in windows 7 on laptop.

I will be trying my utmost to get fixed. Hope someone could help anyone looking for fish for moment until i get back up and running.

Congrats to Badger and all other contenders in competition, Barns will return to fight another day.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Boston Bob » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Hey Guys: It was a lot of fun fishing with you all. Somebody has to end up in last place
so again I congratulate: Badger, Barns, Rwalleye, Yellowstone7 and Jyndrek for their
performance in this McKenzie challenge. I had fun and this is what RWFF is all about.

Thanks to Stanley for creating the outing with Cutch's pictures and to Roger for keeping
us all in line with validating scores and setting the deadline.

I'll be waiting for you all in the next tournament.

To all my friends on RWFF, I wish you a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Jyndrek » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone ;

Big thank you to Stanley for the creation of the beautiful and fascinating outing rivalries and Roger for technical service our struggles - BIG THX :P

BIG CONGRATULATIONS per impressive results and fight fair play . Thank you GENTLEMEN

A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :P

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi Everyone:

Now that the tournament is over with we can lean back into our easy chair and relax a little! :lol: It was pretty intense competition for a couple of weeks and a lot of fun for everyone, myself included. I wish to thank everybody for their kind words of appreciation and I am glad you enjoyed fishing the McKenzie River outing. I had lots of fun "recreating" an old RWFF Classic by Cutch, it was even more fun for me that you guys really enjoyed it and this makes all the long hours sitting in front of the computer worthwhile...as Martin can tell you. It would be meaningless to create something unless you can share it with our friends on the RWFF Forum. Thanks guys for your great support for the tournament. Without you guys we wouldn't have new fish species, new outings, or even a Forum! :lol:

A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!

Those with keen eyes would have noticed I changed the GIF picture under my signature. Sign of things to come? You will see! Time to clean out that big reel of yours and get your big tackle in shape. You might have an unexpected encounter with the fabled "LOU" of the Minnesota Lakes. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing