Cutch's McKenzie River Challenge

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Cutch's McKenzie River Challenge

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:23 am

Hi Stanley,
An excellent score, You only ran into one of your infamous big jumpers. I wrestled with 2 of them in 2 different sites. That's all they did for 3 or 4 minutes before tossing the hook. Some of these jumpers you have trained so well, I would give somebody about a 10% chance of bringing them in. How much more realistic can you get. Hope everyone will give this challenge a try. It's a real joy to fish and it isn't as nerve racking as some of our VFFL tournaments were. Have fun with this and definitely watch for low flying geese.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Stanley,
A very good score. Score has been verified and is legal.
rwwalleye

Postby Boston Bob » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Guys: I was talking with Roger last night and he said to give Stanley's McKenzie River a shot.
Here is my first try at this challenge. I like the scenery, water movement and action of the fish.
I got a couple of puny ones otherwise I'd be up there with you guys in the scoring.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy & Healthy 2015.
Boston Bob
Fish: 20.17 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: HZWGDGUEZUHAW0778NVHQSRJLJQSVMTVSAWGBLCGCUXKHQHSHNAMCEGYRMVUG
Fish: 22.78 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ODUTKOFSEYELL1448FGCBKPOEJOAYKMGVHZKOKDJQMAFHETWLKGDCKAUIDOPY
Fish: 26.88 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: LKJOUBQTAKUUA6607RGYMMKVXJIHJGZIWTKEWGLRHHQJWBYRPMAEABTMKWKBS
Fish: 33.45 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ONLDSWJTMXRBU0154PAQJKIMFQZLCYDAGEWPQBQSIONFULWBSKHTWORAQRYNB
Fish: 31.10 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: UQHCFVTBAWRAS8898FGHPZAKYWYKQZCHBLOCPJQROVPGJJQGIZXHVBULCEZJM
Fish: 37.88 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: WMSAERTTHANAW0955MSAXFZPGDHOIWSDXYGJEXIMFVWGSBCVASUDPZHIKOOPY
Fish: 23.12 inch Jumping Dolly Varden from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: RBRMSAXFFCSSR4627UQNHVWJLQELLLMTRUEOQGXXVFDXZCDIGDRGTILWDGWHJ
Fish: 15.74 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: CADQUHLNOQNPC8273ELCWPJIARADFEMQVAJQZMMRDZNKFOJUTCPIINYEDHCCI
Fish: 18.39 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: IPDAWOJQKSXIA9765HWNMJIQFCBWMCPSZNFIKKRYQFEHFRIUSIFZMYTJJBEQT
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3213; Code: BDOMYHKLQNVRYNKCUJHCKTHYNQVOTZPBJYERWWMTLDKVDVAEYOHMHUFNEJPEA
Last edited by Boston Bob on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Barns » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Merry Christmas to all.

Not been much of a year for me due to work commitments. But thought i would check in over festive period, oh no i am missing out on competition.

This outing re-make of Cutch's done by Stanley is one of my old time favourites, i just had to have a shot before next meal arrives. So first shot got me back into the swing of things, but score was lagging behind Badger with 3415. Ok time to concentrate and down to business. Rodger you have not seen this for over a year but sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you will have to try a bit harder Barns is back.

Here is my 2nd time score.

Image[/URL]

And fish.

Fish: 20.38 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: HECZAIWICKLQE0242BZICSQGQMCVOYSCTPOOTVLARDDJUVAAEFHFNNOCOTEQT
Fish: 24.56 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: WFRMYBHQKSTDL6676YETVZDICMGDCXSFPJJMKPPHBJBOOJUGZGIDYIBBNRYNB
Fish: 37.97 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: TNJCCWTBXWDCR4850MBSDEEVGYSTVQZLQUXXGTWKAQSUONISJQTXXAEWDZQEJ
Fish: 32.89 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: XVEJLPEGONEWC6466WICHPEMRZPGGZCAGGHVLVFKXIOQFRIGEWCKDQLULZAMF
Fish: 30.62 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: RISZQJQDTEVHU7016WAOAZTPQMFWHCMRABBLKWJCYRGPDMMXGPCGSRRDSRZJM
Fish: 35.80 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: UFEFDEZLCDMKK9079JNECIBFMZVHMHJINXVHYJMUWPBNSULKNKOYRWTUFEGGG
Fish: 33.76 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: VNOJXTBHZSKQA2457BAPPCGXELDHDOZISFTCZYZXGSKDTCZWVFNUVMNDJQUYV
Fish: 21.52 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: GVOUNRTOEGRRD3632TKPHUWOIZSBSHVWRRCJENIVHMZWTFQNTWGRDCHHLEIUZ
Fish: 37.61 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: MJFNBZHFAZEQO4305RUDVVVLZFEFEOSKVDWMBFUOGSCUVSJXMQGNTOOSLCIUZ
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3810; Code: GIRAZYWXORNNRFHRORDXDWVDXJXPJMPRIMUOEOVZZSJGESJBGHYUOVFVURPEA

I will watch closely over next few days, while I am looking after grand kids.

Best of luck to all.

Regards

Barns
Last edited by Barns on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barns

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Barns and a Merry Christmas,
Definitely a nice score to beat. Glad to see you back. But remember it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:20 pm

hi all
WELL DONE
to both Roger and Barns,i cannot get anywhere near Roger's score let alone Barns's :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
still you know me
i will keep trying
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi Barns, Roger, Badger, Bob and Eveyrone:

Uncle Barnsie, it is good to see you back! A fantastic score you turned in too. Not sure if you got really lucky and didn't hook any small fish, or you know something that we don't! :lol: :lol: Good to see that "Soreeeeeeeeeee!" again after what seemed a long long time. I am sure you score will keep Roger and Badger and others busy for quite a while. Anyway a big welcome back and congratulations for what seems to be an unbeatable score.

I wouldn't under estimate Roger and Badger's persistence and ability though. They are real fighters and will give you a good run for the money until the Fat Lady sings. :P When I put on the tournament I actually didn't set a dead line for the end of the Challenge. What would everybody think if we were to end the Challenge one week from now? Please let me hear your opinion on this.

In the mean time, keep those good scores coming in. I might even find a nice little surprise gift for the winner at the end of the Challenge.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:30 am

Hi Everyone,
The scores up to this point are verified and legal. Congratulations so far to Barns for High score to date. Stanley asked about challenge for another week. If it's ok with everyone, on 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time U.S. Friday Jan. 2, 2015 will officially end the challenge. Any Scores after that will not be excepted. I will be on line from 6 pm to midnight that day to watch for last minute scores. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Cutch » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:16 am

Guess I'm outa practice, Folks, only had a total score of 2938 :oops:
It was the first challenge I've fished in a loooooong time, it was kinda fun again. 8)
Cutch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:04 am

Hi Cutch and Everyone:

Welcome back to the wonderful world of RWFF's friendly competition! :lol: We have had some great, and very close, tournaments in the past with the winner decided on the last hours of the competition just before the "Fat Lady" sings and it was pretty exciting. We usually put on these tournaments during the festive season (around Christmas time) so members have a bit of time to lean back in their armchairs and do some fishing for fun after the household has gone to bed and it has worked out pretty well. :lol:

Thanks to your beautiful McKenzie River scenes, our members all seemed to have a great time catching fish in this beautiful Oregon Stream. Your score was VERY GOOD for a first attempt especially after so many years of not participating in a fishing tournament and I have no doubt that you will improve your scores in your subsequent tries. Barns, Badger, Roger and the like have proven themselves to be formidable competitors when the hammer goes down so you will have to work pretty hard to beat them. Guess what though, at the end of the day it is the fun, the sportsmanship and the camaraderie that really counts. :lol: :lol:

Hope you will have a great holiday season and enjoy some good fishing on our RWFF sim.

Regards,

Stanley

PS. Roger a big thanks for setting up a deadline for the competition and for monitoring its progress. This is greatly appreciated by everyone here on RWFF. :P
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Everyone:

I gave the McKenzie Challenge another try tonight and came up with a decent score. Not as good as Barns' score but I am getting there. :lol: Watch our Barns...no telling what will happen when the Fat Lady sings! :lol:

Now that Roger has set a deadline for the competition, I will add two prizes for the winner with the highest Challenge score,and another one for the Biggest Fish caught while doing the outing Challenge. Any fish caught in "free fishing" will not count for the prize. You will need to submit your biggest fish score log along with the other fish caught and outing challenge score to count. As usual, one person cannot win both prizes for the biggest fish and the best Challenge score. If you have the best Challenge Score and the biggest fish, the second prize will be give to someone who turned in the second biggest fish prize. The final decision will be left to the Tournament committee and their decision will be final.

Here is my latest attempt:

Fish: 31.21 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ZUGLLVWGOLQEM1867DQPLJQBACACATASDDSIJSQBDZFFYYPLUCOEGKKQNLKYH
Fish: 32.78 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: JDETBNODVVTKO5723IPEHNCWHQWAQSYVIVZCQKWRXCUQNUZXUEUHIHFYNXTOV
Fish: 28.91 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: WFRMYBHRLWUML6676SAVLXMBOXGDWXSFSMJMKPPHBJBOOJUGZGIDERBBNBQJO
Fish: 29.83 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: YKIQKGKEPIAIP3530IAHOJFGEJBTCLWZIENGOLCHLINTZKRJBIZVIAOTXTEQT
Fish: 19.67 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: GKMWKAYDOQJYV2800UPARPFDAQPYAOLXJGJWGFEZOYLCCQDSQGWIFGGQZSLES
Fish: 19.37 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: ICNLNPNGSMVBC5914DOGNLMTTKHKVJJSQLXNJLDCJLHSQETINBXLDIRFJELTS
Fish: 34.00 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: OFIKAOPDHCVHS4669TCYTZERUPGJIDIYLBOAQBEJXSJTECVNDJVRCNTHVPYNB
Fish: 30.52 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: KSHDTTKTOXSLG4498DOBVAFUDQELMQGLZSUULQVHLQGYSUDGLLFDLONOGNNLW
Fish: 36.79 inch Jumping Steelhead from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: LJZJHKHNILBAB5701ZVLPTUHQXIPDCFMGEGNIXTVZEPPKLORTWSBEJKBFDLTS
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3642; Code: IASOTNCPSTAUPYLAWACEZRBTQDPJZJVMADIXHUUCCXFETYRSDDIPSGPKGWVNX

As usual, as the outing building of the McKenzie River I disqualify myself from any prizes given out in this competition so I am doing this all for fun and challenge. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey guys!! Well, lookie here, there's a challenge goin on! Ya'll are just lucky I'm not in it or else it's be game over already! (Ba-dum tssssss) :lol:
Nice to come on and see this. I also noticed that Stanley had wondered where I have been, so I put together a little update for you guys. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5715
Yes, I've been a busy little beaver!!
wyldechylde77

Postby Jyndrek » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Stanley , Roger and Everyone:

We sincerely thank you per opening a new tournament or Outing Challenge . Stanley a beautiful outing and very combative the fish
I congratulate to All excellent results with and of fishing of large fish . :lol:
allow myself to attach to this wonderful contest, but I'm not sure of
whether these my settings are all correct
Image Image :?:
and here my modest achievements, for now well behind ;
Image Fish: 36.54 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: OADOJFNQMTQGE4301GWFODVATQFHINWBXAGLYCCVBUPQYQHPNEAEOYPVSFNAL

Fish: 28.25 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: UMFTJVSCXRLFN2658EVDCYSLHEOAAGSGVFRELAGAZBWFONUZOVRYWOZBEUBXF
Fish: 38.74 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: CWHKRPLFEGDGT9734HWSGFTOELNRCXPOHEDZNLVAVTHFERAMJSYSNGHEFIUYV
Fish: 31.84 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: QPMCVSBPXNMTK2771NNTEZAYQYCQAPZYYIABEXBWVWOCWXHOOFAMULTUICDGT
Fish: 23.32 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: GAUECSVUHGTRM3376GVNAOXLFEENDSUDYHMSWPRQWVFVOSJVRGNSTUHKRVJFZ
Fish: 32.88 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: FMTLYTQTZAAGX7428QWNOVMPORKJBDMHHLAGPPMXPYHLGHKKPKYKVUVVLXZJM
Fish: 19.94 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: DBMHIFVRXQLVO8092QGZXBCJEKPSINBLVDLGGKFOJQBJKEPSAFMEBVMYKVYTZ
Fish: 18.96 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: GQBXWAJGSBSOQ4364AWUXFGKZYIAMJRZFUUCMOGIKGFAUSBPDJSFDWUNJYPOE
Fish: 17.54 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: YKIQKGKDOWZFP3530EARFJYMJXBTILWZICNGOLCHLINTZKRJBIZVIAOTXUDLY
Fish: 22.89 inch Jumping Dolly Varden from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: XWPWFGFOFMGHB7562NCJTPMRTKHXGVWWRYTMZEWOELPKRHAYAMKNSSDESHUYV
Challenge: C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Score: 3333; Code: SOHZZWIDPGXLFXCGAFXGXZXAQCVNVJFDJCKPBMMNBNGJPWFTMEMOJESRSAZBD

I will try to improve its record :oops:

I wish to all the high points of and the of large fish :P

Regards All;

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi Jyndrek and Everyone:

What a nice surprise to see our friend from Poland joining our little friendly competition. A big welcome back indeed! :lol: Your tackle size is right and I hope you are using 2x leader. Roger will verify your scores and make sure everything is OK for competition. Congratulations on catching a very nice Salmon. We won't know who has the biggest one until everyone has submitted their scores. Sorry Roger, this will be even more work for you to do. LOL

I am glad to see this tournament going well with everyone back fishing again during the holiday season. This is super for our Forum and little community and a great way to keep in touch with everyone from all over the world.

Let's get some good scores going before the deadline on Friday. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Roger

I would like to log this as my biggest fish so far

CFish: 38.89 inch Jumping Chinook Salmon from C L McKenzie River, Oregon; Code: FDNFLCNOJBNVF0610KLQLZPYHFRQGEPJKEOTTHRSEGCGEYZFWAWXVEOSBDODW

Thanks

Barns
Barns

PreviousNext

Return to Real World Fly Fishing