Outings won't load by larweb5

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Outings won't load by larweb5

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:17 am

Re: Sw All 470 Version 131 6 Frame Outings Complete Via SkyDrive
New postby larweb5 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 am

the outings won't load i get error messages.

larweb5
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Outings won't load by larweb5

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:27 am

Hi larweb5:

A warm welcome to our RWFF and Development Forum. I am sorry you are having trouble with new outings loading on your computer. 99% of the time when this happens is due to some missing files that you need in your fish, food or sound folder. To use custom outings such as those by Martin you will need to download all the latest new fish, food and sound files into your main RWFF folders. There are many threads re this very subject in the Development Forum and you can find all answers by doing a search for it.

I have taken the liberty to copy your message into a new thread as your original message was made inside of a Sticky. Those are meant for information only and not to be used as a question and answering thread. Please post your technical questions here if you need additional help with setting up your new outings and I am sure someone will be more than glad to help you out. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby larweb5 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 pm

i just installed your mighty yellowstone the error message say's somthing about food and bait i have no idea how to install these things .i'm probably getting to old to do these things.
larweb5

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi larweb5:

To run the latest custom outings you will need all the fish, sound and food files. Can you please upload your "content_errors.txt" found in your main RWFF folder and I will try to figure out what is missing in your RWFF install and I can send you the files that you need for Mighty Yellowstone to work?

As the Mighty Yellowstone was a pretty early outing, all you would need are the basic food and sound files that came with your original RWFF install, and maybe a couple of fish files. The later outings are much more complex and will need all the latest food, fish and sound files to work.

Anyway after you upload your "content_errors.txt" file we will be able to figure things out pretty quickly. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby larweb5 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 pm

i've never uploaded before. thank you for your attention.
larweb5

Return to RWFF Development