How do I catch steelhead?

Questions about ordering, miscellaneous

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

How do I catch steelhead?

Postby Olwas2014 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:06 pm

How do I catch a steelhead? I have al the flies that are free I'm trying everything. I have all the gear. Is it the same as real steelhead fishing. If I can't catch one I am starting to think its a waste of money. Thus is on the iOS fly fishing simulator. It's on the shoboyogan river(it's something like that) Thanks
Olwas2014

Re: How do I catch steelhead?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Olwas2014:

A big welcome to our Forum. As the RWFF software is a fishing simulator (versus being a fishing game) the technique of catching a fish is very similar to what you would use in real life fishing. I don't have the Fishing Simulator on my iPhone yet but I have it on my Android Phone and the program is the same. To catch a Steelhead you would need to use some kind of streamer fly, cast the fly across the current and let it drift down stream with the current. Cast to likely fish holding places and try various depths. If you do this right you will be rewarded with a strike, and maybe even a good fish. :P

The Fishing Simulator is a smaller version of the Real World Fly Fishing desktop software. To get all the features and over 1500 different custom outings (all free), you can try the desktop version of RWFF and you will have lots of fun catching all varieties of fish in many exotic fishing destinations from around the world. :lol:

You can download the free demo at Pishtech and see if you liked it before you buy it too. A good deal. :lol:

Have fun and good luck!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Olwas2014 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 am

I landed 3 steelhead and lost one:(. Thanks very much for your help. I am now catching fish and even unlocked new site which is way better than first site:)
Olwas2014

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Olwas2014:

FANTASTIC! Another happy RWFF fisher! Glad you are enjoying your simulator and having success! :lol:

Yes, the game gets better as you go through the sites. Come back and share your comments and success with us here on the Form soon.

Regards,

Stanley

PS. If you liked real fishing, especially flyfishing, this game will teach you a lot on how to catch the different kinds of fish under all kinds of fishing conditions. :P
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Olwas2014 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Look at this beauty
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (199.13 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Olwas2014

Postby adolfalexander » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 am

As the RWFF programming is an angling test system (as opposed to being an angling amusement) the procedure of getting a fish is fundamentally the same as what you would use, in actuality, angling. I don't have the Fishing Simulator on my iPhone yet however I have it on my Android Phone and the program is the same. Do my Dissertation
adolfalexander

Return to Other