Thank You To Stanley

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Thank You To Stanley

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi All,
Tomorrow Wednesday 24th September will be a BIG Day for me as I will by Lunchtime have completed my Self Set Task.
Whilst I was on holiday in the Philippines in May and although I had my Laptop with me with all I needed to build Outings at hand,
I decided to just gather photos of Rivers and Lakes from as many "Out of the Way" places I could think of,some of which
resulted in NOT 1st Class Photos but sufficient to make a Site from with a little help from Photoshop and Image Mender.
I have spent many hours in front of my computer building Outings from China to Oregon on a Global Journey to try to give
you all something a little different as each Outing has a twist somewhere in the build,whether it be Large Fish or Different Fish Depths,
and even Saddam Hussiens Private Lake Outside of Baghdad,which some may find off putting,but has big Mangar in it's water.
A BIG THANK YOU goes to Our Stanley,who has created so many New Species, which I have included in a lot of these Outings and I hope they
will show off Stanley's Creative Fish Building to the Maximum,He certainly deserves a lot of Praise and even through Tough Family Times has
come up Trumps for me every time,this morning being one of them,for the Jumping Redband Trout.Cheers My Friend.
I must admit I have outdone what I thought was possible in 4 months and will have 94 New Outings ready for posting by Thursday,
All I ask from members is that you have updated ALL Sound Folders Available for Download,as in the later Outings I have used some of the Latest
Sound Files I have already posted,ie Moose.Red Stag and so on,if you have not downloaded them the Outings will not work,the same will
happen if your Fish Folder is also not updated as ALL of Stanley's New Species are included in some of the Outings I will be Posting.
Once again Thank You To Stanley for Creating the Species I asked for Personally and those which You built which will enhance every Outing
they are used in by Myself and Other Outing Creators,Cheers Buddy
Tight Lines To All,
Highest Regards,
Martin aka Scottish Warrior.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: Thank You To Stanley

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Martin and Everyone:

Martin, thanks for the kind words but he fact remains that I really enjoy building all the new fish species from around the world for our RWFF software. I love to work with their unique body shapes, colors and profiles and especially when the challenge would arrive when a reasonable profile pictures cannot be found to build a complete fish. To the more discerning eyes you might spot several different parts like fins and such that were taken from another fish as many of the fins on the caught pictures are not ideal, or obscured by natural light or the anglers hands. Those parts will need to be reworked so it will look "right" in the final fish file. I also enjoy working with the various fish parameter to teach the fish to do what they are supposed to do in an outing. Some are slow and lazy while others are more energetic and and show a lot more energy in their jumps.Last year Paul has provided us with a wealth of different possible adjustments and I have been playing around with those settings.

Building the new fish also added another interesting dimension to our traditional outing building. Before the outing creator would pick a site, build the outing and then start to look for and to add the available fish species into it.In other words, the outing idea came first, and then we add the fish later. Nowadays with so many different fish available in our library this will inspire the outing makers to do an outing based on some of the fish that he is especially interested in. A good example of that was the Congo River and the Rio Panara. Those two outings were built with some of the more exotic fishes from SA and the Amazons. So in this case, the Giant Tigerfish inspired the building of the outing, and not the other way around. This process has given us a much wider horizon on which to build outings. I think this is pretty cool and our latest new outings also shows it. :lol:

Come to think of it, our RWFF members are supremely lucky to have the luxury to fish some of the more exotic places in the most remote corners of our world, and catching some well represented fish species that they would otherwise only catch in their wildest fishing dreams. Paul's genius made all this possible and our hats should be off to him for creating such a wonderful flyfishing simulator for all of us to enjoy. Thanks Paul!

I hope everyone will get a chance to download and try out some of your new outings and catch some of the newly created fish species. If you have lots of fun doing that then we would have succeeded as outing makers and fish builders.

Best Regards.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Thank You To Stanley

Postby Cutch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:40 am

I'm anxious to try some of your new Outings, Martin, and see more of Stanley's
amazing fish creations. I've been downloading all the sound, fish, etc you folks
have posted since I returned,.......so I hope I then all so I can play your Outings.
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing