A New White Crappie For RWFF and Chuck!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A New White Crappie For RWFF and Chuck!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 am

Hi Folks:

If I were to ask you which thread, or Sticky on our RWFF is the most widely read you will probably scratch your head and say something like, "Gee, I don't know, have no idea!" :lol: I will resolve this mystery for you right now. It is the Sticky for "Home For Fish and Fish Ideas" with a whopping 3878 views over a period of two years. Now that is a lot of interest and views on a topic. A unexpected surprise? Heh? :lol:

Actually this Sticky was a brainchild of Chuck who is a very knowledgeable fisherman in real life and knows his fish really well. (I always thought he would have made a great ichthyologist, or a fish biologist). The original purpose of this Sticky was to give everyone some interesting information on the various fish found in different parts of the world, and also to suggest some new fish for our fish library. When RWFF was first released it had only a handful of fish in it. Now, at least according to my own fish folder, we have more than 450 game fish in our library. Now that is a very sizable library and some countries in our world may not even have that! Our outings now reaches almost every corner of the world, it is only appropriate that we have the right fish for these new locations. This makes the fishing experience more authentic, not to mention the thrill of catching something so exotic that it might only happen in our wildest dreams.

Why all the fuss and bother with so many different kinds of fish? To some, a fish is something that swims in the water and can be caught by a hook and line or a net, or bow and arrow, some might even taste good on the table. To others, like Chuck and myself, we like to see things done right. Why not? When one sets about to do something he has the chance, and the option to do it right. Half right and three quarter right will not be good enough for people like Chuck and myself.

Not too long ago Chuck pointed out the difference between a Black Crappie and the White Crappie, and felt that our fish files did not accurately reflect the difference. He also show a picture to demonstrate his point.

Not too long ago I built a new Black Crappie, now I also finished a new White Crappie. You see see the images and the difference here.

Image The new Black Crappie

Image The new White Crappie

Now Chuck should be happy and we will benefit from have both of these fish in many of our future outings. :lol:

If you should think of any fish that we don't already have in our RWFF library please make a post on the "New Fish and Fish Development" thread. We would love to hear from you, and if possbile, we will try to build these fish for you in the future.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A New White Crappie For RWFF and Chuck!

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 am

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent job on your part. With those 2 fish you can really tell the difference, that is for sure. Still working on my fish size list, finished fishing another of Martin's Poland outings, which I will post later today. Also working a little on my outing. Need to do more work with the fish. Been busy as a beaver around here, still trying to catch up on outside work. Last time I truly fished was about 3 weeks ago and got a pair of twin 6 pound Channel Cats, of course they went straight into the frying pan. Like I said, another great addition to our species list. I suspect they may be jumpers. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 am

Hi Roger:

Thanks for making a great post. I know Summer is always a busy time for you with all the things you have to do outdoors. I hope one day you will be able to finish that "exotic trout" outing that you have been working on for so long. It will be a very special outing for everyone on RWFF Forum. If you need any help building the outing, or any of the fish species please let me know and I will be glad to help out. :P

I have sent my new Rio Negro outing to Cutch for testing and opinion. If he thinks everything is OK I will probably zip it up and put it on the Development Forum for members to download. I still have to do some minor adjustment to the fish population and sizes but other than that it is almost ready to go. There are no fewer than 7 new fish that I have built for this very special outing. You will have a busy time writing up the description for some of them. :P Ooops, sorry, more work for you! LOL

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Very impressive, Stanley! The differences between the two paper mouths are now quite evident and will be a joy to have in outings! Of course, the bigger picture is to make sure the Caught pictures are also accurate. Do you already have the Caught pics for the White Crappie or do you need some?
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Chuck:

Glad you liked the White Crappie. Some good and proper caught pictures will be greatly appreciated. I need maybe 8 good ones and I will resize and number them myself! Thanks! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Will do ;-) Expect an email later today or tomorrow
wyldechylde77

Postby Cutch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Good job!
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing