A Little Riddle For You...Can You Name These Fish?

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Little Riddle For You...Can You Name These Fish?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Everyone:

Tonight I found something quite interesting in our extensive fish archives. Can you name these three fish? And do you know which fish file they belong to?

This fish file was made a long time ago and had only three caught pictures in it. Sorry as there are no prizes for the right guesses, but you'll have the satisfaction of being a good Sherlock Holmes of fishes and fish files. :lol:

Would love to hear from you guys!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Little Riddle For You...Can You Name These Fish?

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Sorry Stanley! Just noticed this thread! Well, I can tell you right now that the first pic is obvious as a Largemouth Bass, and the last pic is of a Calico Bass. The middle picture is kind of tough to make out on my phone here, but almost looks to be a Spotted (Speckled) Trout. Odd combination for caught pics for one species. Just gonna guess here, but was that found under the old Seabass model?
wyldechylde77

Re: A Little Riddle For You...Can You Name These Fish?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi Chuck:

You sure know your fish alright. Good job ID'ing those two fish. Actually those caught pictures were found in the old Kelpbass fish file. While the Kelpbass rendering looked pretty good, but the caught pictures were way off. I could change those caught pictures in the Kelpbass file but it is my personal policy not to temper with other fish maker's work so I will leave it alone. In the meantime, if someone wants to use a Kelp Bass in their outings, they can use the Jumping Kelp Bass instead. That way you wouldn't catch a Kelp Bass and come up with a picture of a Largemouth. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

PS. I found a "wrong fish" picture in the Seabass file as well. See if you can find the error.
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing