A HOG Fish For You!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A HOG Fish For You!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi Everyone:

When the weather is so hot and humid that I have to stay off the golf course and the result? I end up making some fish, sorry, correction, a lot of fish for our beloved RWFF software and Forum. :lol:

The special of the day is a real "HOG" fish. For our European friends this is a US jargon used mostly in the South and South Western part of the US. A hog mean a pig and that is the way the fisherman would describe a huge fat fish, typically the Largemouth Bass. When one says he has caught a "hog", that means a huge Largemouth Bass of something fat and heavy like a pig.

I did all the work on this fish and when it came out of the rendering tool I was really shocked and amazed. The "HOG" fish immediately came to my mind. After you've looked at the fish for a while I think you would agree with me. :lol:

This fish is actually an over nurished "Scaleless Carp" (with a DNA deficiency) found in Europe and some parts of US States. Through cross breeding some of the DNA for the scales were lost in the process and the result is a carp without scales. Typically on this hybid carp you will see the markings of a Mirror Carp and the Common Carp. Jyndrek was the one who told me about this fish and it was very fascinating to read about it on the internet. The result? A big fat Hog Scaleless Carp for you guys on RWFF.

Please notice the size of the head in relation to the over grown body. Wherever this fish lived life must have been very good and food availability was more then plentiful for it to achieve this size and weight. This should be lots of fun to catch in a RWFF outing. Sorry, this fish will not jump. But then I have never seen a Sumo wrestler doing jumps either. Just too hard for the old body to do it.

Here are some pictures of the Scaleless Carp. Thanks Jyndrek for suggesting this fish for RWFF. :lol:

I am sure when my old partner Roger finds the time he will do a fish description on it. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A HOG Fish For You!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone:

After I uploaded the "HOG" carp something didn't look quite right to me. It looks great from the side but in the rotating picture the body of the fish was a little too skinny. I decided I needed to do something to put some weight on the fish. Messing around with the default files in the fish building tool is always a risky business but I decided to built a new top.bmp file to make the fish appear a little wider when viewed from the top. After an hour of playing around with the bitmap I managed to put on another 10 pounds to the fish's body. I think it looks a little better now. Don't you agree? :lol:

Hope you like this Fat Carp! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A HOG Fish For You!

Postby Jyndrek » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Stanley , Hi Everyone ;

Golec (Unhaired Hide) Poland is the name of the jargon the angling .

Will be useful not only to me, MARTIN also creates Outings with Polish waters :P

It is a real piglet and will a lot, a lot of emotion to such a monster unload

Stanley BRAVO, BRAVO, beautiful work :P - the next fish in European rivers, ponds and lakes

Regards All ;

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Return to Real World Fly Fishing