Martin's New Lake Tarawera, New Zealand

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Martin's New Lake Tarawera, New Zealand

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone:

I know Martin's has been very busy with home life these days and I was pleasantly surprised to see him upload a Trilogy on the Wonderous Lake Tarawera from New Zealand. When you give me a choice between morning, noon and dusk I would always go for the Dusk as this is my favorite time on the stream or lake. Winds would have quieted down during the evening hours, the sun's glare and heat is gone and the colors of evening is always beautiful. Martin did an excellent job of showing these moods in the new outing.

When I first started fishing this outing I was using medium size tackle. I hooked into what I thought was a submarine in one of these scenes and it took off for the far horizon and soon I was out of line to retrieve. Haha, naughty Martin....there are some BIG fish beneath the calm waters of Lake Tarawera. :lol:

Out comes the big rod and heavy leaders and I went for the "submarine" once again. This is a phenomena (and Paul's genius in fish physics) that some of our new members may not be aware of. You get more strikes with thinner leaders than thick ones. I made what seemed endless drifts over the likely feeding lanes and didn't get a strike. I then changed to my favorite "submarine" catching fly and presto, I was rewarded with an immediate take.

Here are some pictures of the River Tarawera and its monster.

These are just a few examples of what you might catch in the River Tarawera, there are a lot more as Martin took the time to put in 16 difference fish species in the three outings.

After fishing the Nelson Spring Creek for a couple of weeks it is a nice change to switch back to some man sized tackle and do battle with big fish in wide open water. This is the truly unique and wonderful feature of our RWFF software, and the diversity of style in our outing creating members. Here you will experience all kinds of fishing situations and scenarios that no other fishing software can give you.

Give Martin's new outings a try and you will like it a lot! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing