Nelson Spring Creek Mini Challenge Score...Post Here!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Nelson Spring Creek Mini Challenge Score...Post Here!

Postby Barns » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi All

After another terrible night of fish running off screen or getting stuck in middle of stream , i gave up trying. Totally frustrated with this outing. Don't know how the other guys are able to fish it. Got to site 5 in less than 6 mins at that point i had 4 fish over 21ins,then fish got stuck in middle of river. Well not fish but line when i lifted line and put back down line was in middle wafting around.

Congratulations to whoever wins. But certainly no scores from me.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby badger040 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:33 pm

hi all
sorry to hear you had an unsuccesful tournament
after much fly searching i came up with this score
Fish: 19.41 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: WOFSLRKYHSFAE4274WJGVXKVSGYCWBGZNSVZHGSMNKAUMZTGXVKRKMBWUIDYD
Fish: 18.46 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: YMWHZOBJQHTTX7559HGXEQOMEMSHWRSOYVUORMLZMXQPTIITZMPIYEQHOLISN
Fish: 22.80 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: MGGIZIPSORSCI9268BEWSNEXLTMRMWCCAYDNLOBSKCMMIEMCSPBWRQDTSSXFM
Fish: 16.41 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NAXLHQFHUMLKJ6408CSGTOGTUSHOTGJZNSQNGVJCVHETJJBLHGTLEGLFIFPWU
Fish: 17.82 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: LNASESIFKUQUG3954CVHPGJYUGQEFJPJUDCDNPUMPAUZBPZSAGYDMTEKAYEDG
Fish: 20.82 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: WIQRIJACDHHCR2712LCWHHCUHMXBQZAYQUBTBYYUJBFETXVQKSGCLANZCYULA
Fish: 22.72 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: JUWRHMTXWUJSJ9716AQFWIWKISYBLJPJXZLWWADFERXHBKZLPUHFNQCLSXOAJ
Fish: 22.31 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GYFQPILPYALDK8859GJSSCNANZAHGJLXSCVQNWRRHEDLYTRXMHDQPUSFBQKGX
Fish: 19.13 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BAWNTSLPWHIXP9470ZFHVBMXNTLSQFYOLTLKHFTXXUUGQHDQNFBOFWUOUMXFM
Fish: 23.03 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: OTJEEWUOPZQRH0617FWQTMLHYYZROFJYCXIVXKSBXQBDJNJSSSLQEBNEXLDYD
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2872; Code: OZSIDBMWVXYBERHVKNGMQNTZWXBGMUPPZNBTDSULTYWABHHIWNGNTRBCRAXXF
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Boston Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Well as you can see, the defending champion had his troubles with Nelson Spring Creek.

First of all I want to thank Stanley for a magnificent outing. I love it and I will fish it at my leisure but NOT with a 7X...

Now, I take my hat off to Badger, Wojtek, Savi, Jyndrek, Barnes, Roger and anybody I missed that fished this tournament.

All of you were great. My biggest trouble was I couldn't find my net.....lol I had five fish to my feet and just couldn't
yank them in...You guys know some tricks that I don't. I was having trouble landing a 20 incher and you guys are posting
24 inchers....Wonderful.....

This was a great competition, I don't know who the winners will be but I will toast you both on Friday night.....

It's very nice to see the forum alive again and I thank our Polish friends for adding excitement to our great game.

I wish everyone a great summer and most of all---Good Health.

My best to all,
Boston Bob

Fish: 20.56 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: DUSWEWBBTJUT7251NQFAXLHFQJKYLFGIXWMPNSDUFUFWNBJVFTPQTCKHBTNSL
Fish: 22.18 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IICMQXYIWBUWO5386OXYLSKWJAEZCJPQKGILQCFLGMVPEHHZFBBAPANBOIBPY
Fish: 21.78 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: UPEYLMLTHDBFU7775WXCCXTYVNCGQIAGQMKLCJHVHTAMTBVIZOPWNTKARZERB
Fish: 22.08 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KBPFNDFPKOAEM0395RCILQPRUGWDTIPPHLITQRWSIDSZFDHHQFSFWDITEGNCO
Fish: 18.59 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: MPVOMZSSDSEUJ6878TSYGDEPOSCGCNYARBPSIWEXVCQSJUWHDYCKLXKOSDTUV
Fish: 19.00 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: JVZEBVUXGRAJ9498BTHVGBAVFQZNPGJOCVOVKJUBMUYJMBJKLKPIGNTWYYPWU
Fish: 15.39 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: HWXCBPCCOWUY9758IGNJSMXRAQGRHUDVRTEHMUJSGEGUUCKFNDCOJCVAXBRJX
Fish: 13.98 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: DGZVZWWYKVSB6158LQWJQGBNAWYCIQFEGATVZLXBYXPMNYSKDXZQDCYSTSCCS
Fish: 17.69 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: VSBYOKDDSFRM1587YJMLXGISQWMRUJLCGEBRLZJKVQYZVWCOYXBGLUZPLUGXW
Fish: 20.45 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: LOLXQBJTCGHU9225IFVWCTZORWRRJFJFZAOCBXLIOLDTMXRRWOGNGQOVLPMXA
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2396; Code: HAUDAGCHZTWUCHNOZPGKCSJOVKTLRBINFQKYPNBJWKMZVRTNXFBDKKLUXLXXF

My largest fish
Fish: 23.33 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BUNPJZBJKMMM8400TBOMMVFDSWZKVPFLWLQKUNAHAANNJMARTEULUQCAVOSIH
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:24 am

Hi Nelson Tournament Participants:

Badger...what a magnificent score you have a achieved again! Like Barns said I don't know how you do it but my hat is off to you one more time. The tournament still has less than a day to run but so far your score seemed to be safe. Wojtek, your closest contender has remained very silent and I suspect he is working very hard on a last minute upset. He has proven to be a fine fisherman and a real force in any kind of future tournament on our Forum.

Barns, I am sorry to hear the Nelson Spring Creek has given you a few white hairs, increased blood pressure and certain dissatisfactions. You know this is the funny part about fishing the REAL Nelson Spring Creek? It does the same thing to a lot of anglers as well. Fish there can be very selective, finicky and when you do hook a nice big fish after hours of casting, the chance of losing that fish is more than 50% of the time as there are all kinds of underwater obstacles and snags. In the real Nelson Spring Creek you can sometimes wade right into the weed beds and try to free the fish with your hands but not in RWFF. In RWFF Old Paul just stands in the middle of the scene and keeps on casting from there and nothing can be done about dislodging the fish physically. Oh well, maybe this is not your tournament. I am sure you will do better in the next one, and the next one to come! :lol:

Boston Bob, I had a feeling that 7x leader was just a tad too slim for your angling style. Well, we can't win them all so I wish you the best of luck next time around. You certainly surprised the heck out of everyone in the last tournament and you will always be a force in any future VFFL tournaments. Thanks for trying and participating. As we say, "winning is not everything, it is the participation that counts." :P That is the Olympian spirit and you certain have it. By the way, if I see a nice fishing net for sale I might just get it for your for Christmas! :lol: :lol:

Well, the Fat Lady is studying the lyrics of her song and will soon be singing. Like I said in my previous post, no matters who wins this mini tournament, you guys are all WINNERS in my mind!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 am

Hi Everyone,
All scores to this point and have been checked, verified and all are legal. A little over 3 hours to go. I will be here keeping tabs on any new scores that come in. Fished the challenge earlier and had over 100 inches going into site 5 and went down hill from there. So I will be here till midnight to get any last minute scores. Good luck to everyone. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:44 am

Hi Everyone,
Well there wasn't any last minute scores, but I was here to make sure that any scores showing up before the fat lady sings would have been posted. Want to thank everyone for their participation in this tournament. Stanley did a most excellent job on this outing. It had a lot of beautiful scenery, nature sounds and also he did an excellent job on the water movement and currents. He also did an excellent job on choice of his jumping fish, which was sometimes a pain though with the way they liked to throw the hook, but that is a day in the life of fishing. Thanks again Stanley. Unofficially, until Stanley officially names the winners. Badger did an excellent job with some extremely high scores. For the big fish, unofficially until Stanley names the winner, Savi, one of our new found friends from Poland came up with an extremely large fish, and right behind him, another one of our new found friends from Poland da3mon came up only .02 of an inch behind Savi. Excellent job from the 2 of them.
Also da3mon fell short of Badgers high Challenge score, and another new found friend from Poland came in not to far behind. Barns and Boston Bob was having trouble with fish going to the right and getting stuck. Things went well through the whole tournament and again we've went through five pages of postings for this tournament another big accomplishment, thanks to everybodys participation. Especially for this time of year. Well if I left anybody out my apologies, and if you find any mistakes in the scoring, contact myself or Stanley. Thanks again for everybodys participation. Here are the unofficial scores. Stanley will officially name the winners. Everybody have a good week and hope to see more posts from other outings that you fish. Congratulations to Everyone. Roger (Rwwalleye)

1.) Badger:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2877; Code: VUIKZIUNVIBRGUHFJAYICFHJUDEAHKZSWVQZNQSCCEHVTUWFJWRUMSRKFMWNV

2.) da3mon
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2816; Code: JKQCVCORQMSAULPNRNRVWRMWLWPKUMYFSBVZLJQEUPSINMEOICFHNDLFKUFRI

3.) Jyndrek
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2771; Code: VAZQJAEIHGGOFBZBVHKXUWFMSDJVSUSVMCDYAJTAZZOOSPHECEGFPJKQQCQJG

4.) Barns:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2760; Code: LTJODQAMPQNWWUDWASFDLGQRRWTADWVSQSVJTXOWKIOXTRXQNBBZAGZHALFRI

5.) Savi:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2756; Code: VBCVEJNPRHZZEWERXBPAZYMSDQINYVMRSBOPORDWHCPIEXRVQMOIUOSBWEDIU

6.) Yellowstone:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2735

7.) Rwwalleye
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2475; Code: HCHCHGMCAEQQSPPUCSJIMXPZYQLUXAWOVGZGSFKJDYONTXNEHMRRAKLOIJPPL

8.) Boston Bob
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2396; Code: HAUDAGCHZTWUCHNOZPGKCSJOVKTLRBINFQKYPNBJWKMZVRTNXFBDKKLUXLXXF

Biggest Fish Score For Nelson Spring Creek Challenge
If you see any errors please contact me on the forum. Roger (rwwalleye)

1.) Savi
Fish: 24.92 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: WPIFGALURGAKC5399YGJMTCG6WROAYIVTHYQNOJINNAWXPEFLLSCULRHASXVE

2.) da3mon
Fish: 24.90 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: HMGSTHQIHSIZY5725OZAGOEWZQVGVYMSGYOLCVXKOBBVGVQAOETPQQEUQXLRG
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2696; Code: VJFVXRHNWJTIYLOWKPZRXCZFAJBXYQPTDIPDWROFKZTTUGSJNOITBRSTSVWMF

3.) Yellowstone:
Fish: 24.61 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark

4.) Badger
Fish: 24.43 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IYRFKEMFHCKYS6375EBTIIWIHQUQOZMMRTRVHBUEUYDNCHHTYEGVMJZMIWRUX

5.) Boston Bob
Fish: 23.33 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BUNPJZBJKMMM8400TBOMMVFDSWZKVPFLWLQKUNAHAANNJMARTEULUQCAVOSIH

6.) Jyndrek
Fish: 23.26 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: EJWDDVPIVLHPE3480HXWFEGHRRETGZIAZTKAIISQUCEZHTRYDGMAJBFGKEOAJ
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:15 am

hi all
just a short note to say
THANKS
to all invovled
making this another interesting and well fought contest
regards
Badger040
badger040

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing