A Very Pretty Hybrid Bluegill For Our Collection

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Very Pretty Hybrid Bluegill For Our Collection

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:19 am

Hi Everyone:

A while ago Chuck mentioned something about a Hybrid Bluegill in our New Fish Development thread. He said the Hybrid Bluegill grow bigger and faster than the pure strained ones and they are fast becoming popular with anglers in the US. I had some free time this weekend so I decided to create this fish for our fish collection. the first time I did it everything turned out great except the fish did not quite fit into the wide and narrow frame and a part of the dorsal fin was missing in the picture. As the RWFF software rely on these bitmaps for fish animation in the scenes I thought this was not too good. So I decided to build a second version of it and it turned out OK. :P

Here are some pictures of this very pretty fish...The Hybrid Bluegill.

I hope you will soon be able to catch this fish in a new outing!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Very Pretty Hybrid Bluegill For Our Collection

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:58 am

Hi Stanley,
Looks like another excellent addition to oue species list. You did an excellent job on your tournament outing. I complemented before but the scenery and the currents are an excellent job well done. I don't recall which sites your big fish is but I think I keep hooking him and it either snaps me right off with no chance to play it, or I fight it for about 20 minutes and it throws the hook. I finished the challenge at least 5 or 6 times and my score is lower then my first posting because of the lost time and lost flies. I'm still fishing but nothing good enough to beat my own score and I'm keeping tabs on the forum closely for new scores. Another great fish and another excellent tournament. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Barns » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Roger and Stanley

I have fished and fished but to no avail, same score every time. Cannot get near my first score. But i would like to ask Stanley after mini tournament finished, could he please have a look at his maps for site 2 , i am fed up of losing fish off the right of screen, just where, it looks like something in water maybe log at top of screen. Playing fish no problem then it slowly makes its way across screen behind bar and won't move.

Just as well i have had no scores to post, as my internet has been down all weekend and only getting to post this from work.

Thanks

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi Barns:

I have checked the mapdepth bitmap on site 2 and there is nothing wrong. (e.g. no holes in the lines) I might have to name this fishing hole after you as you seemed to be the only one having this problem there. :lol: Another thought might be that you might have hooked that extra large Dark Brown trout and you can't budge him with a 4x rod and 7x leader and it just sulks there? Ooops! I think I let the cat out of the bag now. :lol: :lol:

Keep trying though, I just know you can do it when the pressure is on! :mrgreen: :cry:

Regards,

Stanley

PS. I think you posted on the wrong thread! LOL
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing