Nelson Spring Creek Mini Challenge Score...Post Here!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Nelson Spring Creek Mini Challenge Score...Post Here!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:56 am

Hi Everyone:

To kick off the Nelson Spring Creek Challenge I am going to post a score for everyone to shoot at. It was done in Experienced Mode using the regulation 4 wt rod and 7x leader strength. I think the choice of tackle size (4 wt rod and 7x tippet) for this Challenge pretty closely approximates the real tackle used on the Nelson Spring Creek on a daily basis. There are no monster trouts in this outing but even a 24 inch Rainbow or Brown Trout will take a bit of skill, patience and luck to fight out and land. I lost three flies on my first attempt in doing the Challenge by applying too much pressure, too quickly on the fish. No, this will not be one of those "cast out, hook fish and haul in" outings. You will need a little finness to score well in this 10 scene Challenge. :P

You will probably notice that there are two kinds of Brown trout in this outing Challenge. There is a light golden color one and a darker color one. The Brown Trout (Salmo Trutta) originated in Europe and was introduced into the US waters way back in 1883. This great fish quickly established itself in America and are widely distributed all over the continental USA where there are suitable stream habitats.Their coloration sometimes varies with the stream environments. On the Yellowstone River we tend to see brightly colored Brown Trout with a light yellowish tint to their skins. However, in some of the slower and muddier tributaries and side channels the coloration of the Brown Trout tended to be darker, I think this is so the fish can blend in better with their environment. In the Nelson Spring Creek sometimes you see the best of both worlds. I would say from my experience the larger, and more mature Brown Trout tend to be a little darker than their younger juniors. So, if you hooked into a darker Brown Trout during the Challenge, make sure you take a bit time and care when you play and land the fish. :P

As you can see here the Challenge took 27 minutes and 30 seconds to complete. This is a good time for a Challenge as when it takes too long people tend to tire and lose their concentration and interest in the Challenge. If it is too short then not much skill would be involved. During my Challenge I lost one nice fish in one of the scenes when the hook came out. I did not lose any flies. I expect your own time will vary, depending on how many big fish you hooked and played out. I didn't hook into any of the big fish so my time might be a little faster than the average.

Please post all your scores here so we can keep everything in one place. It will be a lot easier for Roger to keep track of everything that is going on, verifying the scores, etc. I thank you in advance for your cooperation on this.

Here are my Challenge Score and the caught codes:

Fish: 21.30 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: QQPOPBKTGELCJ3897YWVTDWYUBQIEYTQDEDSTPTSWAJWEGGZXSHXSOBFLCSIA
Fish: 17.22 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GGKNOAFYLMBVY4660AGWOGLHBHUOFSTASCFYDGBHLEUSDMWFIOJHFMBHWBCZY
Fish: 17.22 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GGKNOAFYLMBVY4660AGWOGLHBHUOFSTASCFYDGBHLEUSDMWFIOJHFMBHWBCZY
Fish: 16.96 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ANGYJBHUEYJYR4529TUBJSUGJBXBUMSPZRVHPPFBPAXYUMWEZYCZALQCTOEOR
Fish: 19.25 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ITFJTOKINVCLX7917DZQPGSYWVZOOBIPCBJGPCSQYAJRWVTVIRKJSFMSDHZQU
Fish: 21.04 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GHVSJJGBVRUGP7766BLZTJKMUCLGMOVWABJPROTDTQUMOCGEFWQSGNTSCHTUV
Fish: 19.51 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: AXFIRJTTLOWDJ2233DOXJTNEKBIMYIIRKPTLRFSKIDKYHTRBGYDXUPHQBVUFD
Fish: 19.28 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ITFJTOKTNVDOX7917DZQPGSYWVZOOBIPCBJGPCSQYAJRWVTVIRKJSFMSCWZGK
Fish: 16.92 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: CADQUHLCOROHC8273TJBNBJBCWODJJMMSGJQAVURWAHKBOYOGHPIKYWEZPVBO
Fish: 16.92 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: CADQUHLCOROHC8273TJBNBJBCWODJJMMSGJQAVURWAHKBOYOGHPIKYWEZPVBO
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2687; Code: GCBROYLTJTMHEZQAFPNNPGFCDXWWDYIPLDBIZXJPWKJRIQAGOJDFAQGYJDJGO

I hope everybody will have a great time doing the Challenge and beating my score. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

Note: My posted score is for reference only. As the outing making of the Nelson Spring Creek I will disqualify myself from winning any prizes. I think this is only fair as I know the outing intimately, like my own child. :lol:
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Nelson Spring Creek Mini Challenge Score...Post Here!

Postby Barns » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Stanley

Had a little shot tonight with tired eyes, even i had problems with forcing too much. But here is the starter for all to challenge.

Fish: 18.70 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ROIABRBBWEWDH7479YHMPTWXLEEVLJSOYTMJJFTUNAVNSPZPGPYVKSMAXWDVR
Fish: 16.25 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NOQMLXSZDCNJY2356CSAJMKKXEHTVVRCDOCZMDOVUFVCRLAOILJSFUVULUFJC
Fish: 16.97 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NMCNEXAECKWIQ8335YPUZYFHTXQKFUVCFXNRKLFVNQTGTNXXYELXTABGYRZGK
Fish: 17.04 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: LHLSSKYQGIEPM1480BOQWUTBDLVMZGJHPNRFHHSVLRZBIMBDVDCOHRGOOBERB
Fish: 16.69 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: AORDESQYOHJII5645VJHPZGRCEOYEJMTJFHGDXXFXEFSFCGVVHKCKMZNXLPJH
Fish: 21.49 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: SRFIFPUQHNMPJ3499GKPTBSMDYSTWKWKPLDOSVNBJFKZUKGUFYKFATBOXOCZY
Fish: 13.88 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IGPUJXGNVIDSZ3165HXWJBAOZKWIOIBPVSTDOLETZGUCHANJUDLMDYKOBTWHR
Fish: 20.00 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ZSSUEVMVLIWNF8626EKDLKPWMRNZWXMODULSIJOJOUQJWRCPWJZRISGUUHBWY
Fish: 16.38 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: UVTZWLVWMKZFO9266CGYQCFDARMABCGAWMVRIRJFDBVKLDTYMRTTDBEEBRYFU
Fish: 17.00 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: XDKYKIYVBPAER1258XPDIXCAVEQQFNJZLESKCOPAUSZFGSCIVIHBKFCWCBWGB
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2436; Code: QPFXRQITWGJNNDKQGSDNJLCELKCQNTZKXJABFGJWOXICSXWIBKAMQNRUPWWNV

Check out the time. :lol:

I will give it another go when my eyes are not so tired.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Savi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi Everyone:

My first complete the challenge at the level of Experienced:

Fish: 23.63 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ATEZVBSMIQQF4758TUSQOMFQCGDEAHYQFEPNNPHSTJZOMPVCMTYOGFMHDXDYD
Fish: 18.01 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: MMWJDQAQSZPP5153QIEHGXMIIJOGQQIDUUXTSWDCOKGKAGKZFKELGYXQESQEJ
Fish: 18.86 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: YGHGNGRVLVUB2729BBCOQUPVXWRJGWMUSVIIKERPIPWRAOKWMRTLQKSKZJDLY
Fish: 17.47 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: AWVDWSKETDCO8312NWLEJKTSJKCVQEONDKHUDXIOASJEVDHJKIVNAAXFZHNAL
Fish: 20.40 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: TTZDOWDOSRCD1834RQSXVWYALDTNWXFJNLQDNKYUPZGSDQWJJQOMEFZSNTLTS
Fish: 19.34 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: VBJAILGAQZAH5152BAFPRIMSDQINFWMBSCOPORDWHCPIEXRVQMOIIVSBQCDLY
Fish: 18.26 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: LWPYRJLUHABD5155JODBSYUIOPKBZALHNIOQJXPRZZYFCFJFLPZYFWKGMOPZO
Fish: 21.20 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: RCCQMJGZOJLL8772NGVZIDHTICEUVNGLXNIFFXXTNRYRHKCUPRHJVYTGKIDVI
Fish: 23.16 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BNMBCQHRWSKF5542OSSOKMIWOQGZFYFNSXTNHWHUWGKVNUKCSTILLVUSEJSSC
Fish: 16.07 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: YMWHZOBTQFSG1955SLRYEKFWIQTCSRSOWUUORMLZMXQPTIITZMPIOAOHRAWHJ
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2455; Code: DWZJHUAAVFFKJTCEAXHGHRNRUQCHMECYOPTXHKEUNIOKLZLEPZEDCSCVTAXYV

Best regards
Savi
Savi

Postby Savi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Everyone.
Another attempt, unfortunately I did not write the screen:

Fish: 16.25 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NPBRGOSQVLGU4557TOQLBIGWAEUEZZLYKNNYALGRBIDWVCKNWTQVEZEFVXZJM
Fish: 20.28 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KWIUQTDAPOXEL0651GFFHHFY4WODKOYIDYQKQHNYTLTAJYOZSVLEBQFXCRQQX
Fish: 21.35 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: YKIQKGKNOAYMP3530EMZOFUN5JBTCQWVGDNGPUKHEJHTVKGDONZVUGMTUSSFI
Fish: 16.07 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IMMVVXRYZXIVT4628IUMNHCY1JSWYCZRRHMJVLYDUPORRDLYHGHBJSGKONQQX
Fish: 16.80 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GVOUNRTNEBSTD3632JSJXOUO1KSBMMVSSTCJFWQVANTWPFFHGBGRVRFHJSIIU
Fish: 17.06 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KENKPMXRDCNBS7440JBTJDIO6DKPKFFMGVAAYRXGXUKPORTPWUQDHURZZTQQX
Fish: 18.61 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ZKPTDVSHGKDUD2131HQTLWEK4DXRXCKMQNDEHKLADXUYORBBHINGYMRKCBKGX
Fish: 21.36 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: JLIUTVQIZGMVI1126KSMFENP1QPCLSSLBAZQZSIAUSSCZCOFEKNKDFAQIHMMQ
Fish: 19.84 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NMCNEXAPCNWVQ8335PFAPOQI4CLEBUVCEXNRKLFVNQTGTNXXYELXJEBGAECXN
Fish: 16.37 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: SRFIFPUQHIMDJ3499XAVJRDN6DNNSKWKOLDOSVNBJFKZUKGUFYKFQXBOZJPWU
Fish: 21.52 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IPDAWOJQKVYVA9765NCVUPGP4CBWOHPOXPFILTZYJGYHBRXOFNFZENRJGIULA
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2703; Code: TQBUILSGIFNQIWVOAMVHWEUJPCJUVOPUPEPWXCXYIIWCUBKBCKROJKNUBJWMF

Best regards
Savi
Savi

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Savi, Barns and Everyone:

Nice job Savi! That is a very good score and the one to beat now. Looks like Uncle Barnsie and everyone will have some catching up to do.

Does anybody know what happened to Badger? Haven't heard from him for a while. Last time he said he had some computer problems. Otherwise he would be right in the middle of things. He is a such a good RWFF fisher!

Bob is away until next Monday. I am sure he will jump right in when he gets back. After all he will be the defending Champion.

Good luck and have fun everyone.

Regards,

Stanely
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Savi and Stanley

Just increased the score. Cannot send picture as photobucket won't open tonight. But here are my scores.

Fish: 20.48 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KENKPMXRDFORS7440SLNTNXNLYPVOFFMHVAAYRXGXUKPORTPWUQDXZRZYQWWZ
Fish: 16.56 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: FQDUUTJTAMOSU5661GXBTMHNHMZIXCWWNLWWUHNPXTUVXLDLXLEUBTOWEJFIM
Fish: 18.79 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IYRFKEMFHWMIS6375EBJIXPHXLZWOZMMTVRVHBUEUYDNCHHTYEGVEDYMFKERB
Fish: 22.21 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GTACYRBSDXCQW9411OAFXTDBYYFYILZZDDNBDXPESYJIZGDRWUQEZCDLWYWWZ
Fish: 13.22 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KCASIMNVCGBVD3421OJPIHSBZSXMHERLRELSWAOOQGBBQTZYMVAIEFXDLIUQO
Fish: 19.79 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KGBBEMPXEOKSI1761VOTVSCQPFHWEYBMXLPIAIZGEAMDDPVFGSGRITSNJZDVR
Fish: 18.95 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: MESRKIGXNDYVB5047HCKEMZPBLAJWVGBJPOFJWATDOCQKGKLIRLBVLZYECEOR
Fish: 20.94 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: RLRWAAJZLNKUB2332SALILKGOLUCVECSALUKTFSYYJKXIBNZAAAEVGABGHZQU
Fish: 19.60 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: ZGNKHVRDDJPCY4991RNBJVIUIKTFDAZTLGGODTSIPDBWTVFUFLZFJVWBDZMMB
Fish: 19.64 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: FGDKULFOTBZCL5967ODFSLGOGEOWUGFCKWHAKQAOMRHOJMBGPUCVHPXQOOFIM
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2760; Code: LTJODQAMPQNWWUDWASFDLGQRRWTADWVSQSVJTXOWKIOXTRXQNBBZAGZHALFRI

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:44 am

Hi Everyone,
All scores up to this point has been checked and verified, all are legal. I will keep score places on the VFFL score sticky at top of the forum. Excellent scores from everyone, Even a good score from Savi, one of our newest members from Poland. Great job guys. Looks like this is going to be a tough one as time goes on. Good luck to everyone and keep posting your scores. Roger (rwwalleye)

1.) Badger:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2877; Code: VUIKZIUNVIBRGUHFJAYICFHJUDEAHKZSWVQZNQSCCEHVTUWFJWRUMSRKFMWNV

2.) da3mon
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2816; Code: JKQCVCORQMSAULPNRNRVWRMWLWPKUMYFSBVZLJQEUPSINMEOICFHNDLFKUFRI

3.) Jyndrek
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2771; Code: VAZQJAEIHGGOFBZBVHKXUWFMSDJVSUSVMCDYAJTAZZOOSPHECEGFPJKQQCQJG

4.) Barns:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2760; Code: LTJODQAMPQNWWUDWASFDLGQRRWTADWVSQSVJTXOWKIOXTRXQNBBZAGZHALFRI

5.) Savi:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2756; Code: VBCVEJNPRHZZEWERXBPAZYMSDQINYVMRSBOPORDWHCPIEXRVQMOIUOSBWEDIU

6.) Yellowstone:
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2735

7.) Rwwalleye
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2475; Code: HCHCHGMCAEQQSPPUCSJIMXPZYQLUXAWOVGZGSFKJDYONTXNEHMRRAKLOIJPPL

8.) Boston Bob
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2396; Code: HAUDAGCHZTWUCHNOZPGKCSJOVKTLRBINFQKYPNBJWKMZVRTNXFBDKKLUXLXXF

Biggest Fish Score For Nelson Spring Creek Challenge
If you see any errors please contact me on the forum. Roger (rwwalleye)

1.) Savi
Fish: 24.92 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: WPIFGALURGAKC5399YGJMTCG6WROAYIVTHYQNOJINNAWXPEFLLSCULRHASXVE

2.) da3mon
Fish: 24.90 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: HMGSTHQIHSIZY5725OZAGOEWZQVGVYMSGYOLCVXKOBBVGVQAOETPQQEUQXLRG
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2696; Code: VJFVXRHNWJTIYLOWKPZRXCZFAJBXYQPTDIPDWROFKZTTUGSJNOITBRSTSVWMF

3.) Yellowstone:
Fish: 24.61 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark

4.) Badger
Fish: 24.43 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: IYRFKEMFHCKYS6375EBTIIWIHQUQOZMMRTRVHBUEUYDNCHHTYEGVMJZMIWRUX

5.) Boston Bob
Fish: 23.33 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BUNPJZBJKMMM8400TBOMMVFDSWZKVPFLWLQKUNAHAANNJMARTEULUQCAVOSIH

6.) Jyndrek
Fish: 23.26 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: EJWDDVPIVLHPE3480HXWFEGHRRETGZIAZTKAIISQUCEZHTRYDGMAJBFGKEOAJ
Last edited by rwwalleye on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:55 am, edited 24 times in total.
rwwalleye

Postby Savi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 am

Hi Stanley, Barns and Everyone,
Thank you for the nice words, and I'll try to work on your score.
It's great that I can participate in such an exciting play.

Regards
Savi
Savi

Postby badger040 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:42 am

hi all
wherever in the world you may be
Badger040 here
been busy these last few weeks.annual trip to ireland followed by preparing for an inspection on the flat that i rent
computer still hit and miss but i'm getting there
a lot has been happening on the forum lately so i have been "playing catchup"
i have been fishing stanley's latest outing and thought i was doing OK but looking at the posted scores it would appear that i am ahead of the field by a few points
tonight i will send roger the details for verification and make my post
WATCH THIS SPACE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
best regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Jyndrek » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Stanley , Savi , Barns and Everyone ;

BIG CONGRATS :P

Extremely highly crossbar erected .have not yet started fishing and drift away far already .
But I'll try to catch up to you, of course How are successful

The Great Applause, wishes to gain first place , of breaking rod :P

Ragards ;

Andrzej(Jyndrek)

Ps. I'M COMING :lol:
Jyndrek

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:38 am

Hi Stanley and Everyone,
Well I finally made it thru the challenge for the first time. Even after snapping off about 10 fish, I finally made it. It's not a high score but had to work on getting the old finesse back with fishing big fish on such light tackle. Stanley did an excellent job on his remake of this outing. Excellent scenery and some very tricky currents and some excellent fighting and jumping fish. A couple more times thru this on the finesse tactics and that should start bringing my scores close to the top. Thanks for another excellent outing Stanley, especially for another mini-tournament. Well here is my 1st score. Will probably post again sometime on Sunday or Monday. Got to go to hospital tomorrow and see my dad. He should get out Monday if everything goes well. Good luck to everyone. Roger
Fish: 18.24 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: FGDKULFETAXOL5967EWSYPRKMJJQSGFCIUHAKQAOMRHOJMBGPUCVHPXQTUWNO
Fish: 19.62 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: YTXVXXNIDDVHI1148LMRAROAQXMVHPTUAZQLDCFMPJLHXAQIZXSIVOUPHHODW
Fish: 21.77 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: JOYQDEIKSHARW7543ODUCARCXKYDDPJQYGSXPSJWJJDSIQAVKZLINFEODNILE
Fish: 18.47 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: FTUYEKBATGAQA0717TXPGYWAJKDCLZMBRRXDLPOKLKEDGZPTDABKWOZDBSGEM
Fish: 13.53 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: UIDKMVRLUAZQR4216EFGPYDSJDFIGJZJMFNOPSVIEIFVXINMYDLXULCSFKFBL
Fish: 14.51 inch Jumping Brook Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: QXQCVSWMCSFOM6384SUYBEJGEDVTRPBOHNAQNYNFZMMOIYOWYELXXGPMFQCCI
Fish: 21.73 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: TBETNPXTOBBLS2123OQZZGEGJDPZXGMMPGSKDUIKTIXZZRBZFXUDQTSUJJMPD
Fish: 17.33 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: FTUYEKBATFACA0717TXPGYWAJKDCLZMBRRXDLPOKLKEDGZPTDABKMTZDBYFML
Fish: 19.39 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: RSJKYRUZZHBHM6712VFLHISIYWIHHDCPDYQHOWELCUGONTDOBLMECCGJZIUTQ
Fish: 16.99 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: NXEKZOVOAHESY9956AAHLOXZTWNHPVGAWROMJLJANEZILCKTTUCGLTCXZCPZO
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2475; Code: HCHCHGMCAEQQSPPUCSJIMXPZYQLUXAWOVGZGSFKJDYONTXNEHMRRAKLOIJPPL
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Good to see you back and doing what you do so well in the past...tournament fishing! :lol: I know you had some computer update problems the last time we had a tournament and this affected your results. I hope you have everything working now and you will be back to your old competitive self again!

I thought the Nelson Challenge would be a nice "change of pace" for our members as for the past few tournaments we had used big fish and heavy tackle. By limiting the tackle to 4wt rod and 7x leaders this time, even a 24 in Brown Trout would give you a fantastic, long lasting fight. I caught this nice Brown in one of my recent attempts and let me tell you, this fish took me all the way down to my backing and I had a very hard time dislodging it from the top left hand corner of the scene. I finally got it in but I also lost my time bonus for the Challenge. :lol:

I looked at the posted results and it seems the "trophy" has not yet been caught. In some of the scenes there are big Brown Trouts up to 28 inches and this will turn out to be quite a stress for the 7x leader. Where are they? You'll have to look at the scenes and decide the most likely spots for them. I put them in the scenes where they are found in the real Nelson Spring Creek!

Thanks for your kind and appreciative comments on the scenes in this Nelson Spring Creek outing. Seems everybody is so busy in trying to come up with a good score for the Challenge that they have not been looking at the scenery! :lol: What do they say about hearing the birds sing and smelling the flowers when you are outside? LOL

Keep the good stuff coming. I think old Badger needs some serious competition!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:06 pm

hi all
Fish: 18.85 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: QHJJCLHZRWST6528TZQQBQAHUDWGMYFSAAZNEHYNLBFQCXVUMJGJHDBCLERJX
Fish: 19.25 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GMZOZAQLPABE9602CTDEGPSQKRMHWMZUWUQEJOVQPNOQVOUCVJMEUCXEJGMAV
Fish: 18.36 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GIYFDAPDNXOX6888NMZRTFPTDDKPYTPBIMUOFXDZSTDGASYVTMYUQGDUKYZSH
Fish: 16.69 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: GGKNOAFYLLDQ0466KROLRZJIRWTOJSTASWFYDGBHLEUSDMWFIOJHFMBHYCCCS
Fish: 22.91 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: CYVCZPCQEAYL0395FKKELOUOJXSSSVLKUUKHQLMSVILBXPSWPDOFCCZZPINFQ
Fish: 17.33 inch Jumping Brown Trout Dark from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: BDVRCJDGPYWY1471TEDWACBOTKIOIDPLGYERXFUTEEEVZVPYLTHMJFDMTBULA
Fish: 19.75 inch Jumping Cutthroat Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: VXOUFTFLFSYM1018NACLZWFQXQATGHPZUCIYDYTYRWRDCIJMPKXTRJCIPSUEA
Fish: 17.13 inch Jumping Mountain Whitefish from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: CDBVWQEZHLZF1341QIZRXCTLOEFEDPCJYICPQVVMLSRALCKWEONGFTHDTSXFM
Fish: 22.44 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: JLIUTVQIZHMD8112SKSSRDNKKKCCRSSLAYZQZSIAUSSCZCOFEKNKNBAQJETIQ
Fish: 17.93 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Code: KIPTLUYZGWFC1378KQGLHMTYJDGZOZQNLSEQCIIYLOVRBVXWRYWFNMUIXELHN
Challenge: C L Nelson's Spring Creek, Collector edition; Score: 2766; Code: GLQWBPOYZZIUXAGDBWCHKEZVTCHQEPFNOUNNVXEUHKNWJGKLZBETLBOBJLHAV
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Everyone.
Badgers score is verified and legal. A new score to beat gentleman. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Barns » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Congrats Badger

Stanley picked a bad time for this mini challenge, between work and watching world cup, not finding much time to get any fishing time. Any spare time i get , wife seems to want to go out somewhere.

Ah well still a week to go, as Stanley says its not all done until the fat lady sings. :lol:

Come on guys scores i reckon going to be very close, lets give Badger a run for his money.

I know i have hooked some larger fish but too anxious to get good time and keep getting broken. The time bonus plus full fly box is the key to winning this.

Good luck to all

Barns
Barns

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing