Surprise Surprise....Hucho Hucho!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Surprise Surprise....Hucho Hucho!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Jyndrek, Savi and Everyone:

Came home from a Snooker tournament tonight and needed some relaxation after some very tensed and closely fought games. The other club was too strong overall and we lost by a mere one point. Oh well, everybody had lots of fun and laughs and some great food! What the heck! It was a friendly tournament anyway. :P

After reading Jyndrek's post on the Hucho Hucho I got on the internet and started searching for a good profile picture. I know Martin will be building some great outings of Polish streams and rivers so I thought a larger fish would add to the beautiful Jumping Grayling already in the works. You know what? It was very difficult to find a good profile picture of the Hucho in a higher resolution. I finally settled on a smaller picture and had to do a lot of enhencement to get it big and sharp enough to work. Here you can see the results:

This is a magnificent fish and grows to very large sizes, around a max length of 55 inches and can weight nearly 110 lb. Now that is a formidable fish on any kind of fishing tackle!

I hope you will all enjoy catching this one pretty soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Surprise Surprise....Hucho Hucho!

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 am

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent fish for our species list. I take it this will be another jumper which would make it a lot more exciting to catch. Can't expect anything less from a great perfectionist. In the next day or so I will do a write up on the grayling and the Hucho. Been really busy doing work around my house and my parents house next door. Might even get some fishing time in tomorrow with severe thunderstorms with possible hail and maybe a tornado or 2 out of it. Iowa is getting nailed tonight with golf ball sized hail and some places 80 mph winds. Will be glad to see your last few fish in action soon. Roger (Rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Glad you like the Hucho Hucho. Yes, it will jump a little too! :P One thing that is not widely known to our members is the fact that Paul managed to put it some great physics into the game play. Did you know even though the fish are set to jump at a certain jump rate, the smaller ones will jump more frequently than the big ones? That is very close to natural fish behavior and we are lucky to have that in our game.

The world is a little screwed up this year weather wise. We are having a big heat wave over here and setting record highs for the month of May and June. It is about 95 degrees outside with almost 90% humidity and that is HOT!. A good time to stay inside and build some fish and outings. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your write ups on these great fish. They should be a lot of fun to catch in the forthcoming new outings.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jyndrek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:21 am

Hi Stanley , Hi Roger , Hi Everyone:

It's really a great honor and privilege that we Poles and me in particular
encounters in this forum - THANK YOU FRIENDS
Stanley is that Poland will Danube - the only and never dreamed when I started my adventure RWFF even thought that I had my river and my favorite
fish. I think that Chris and not long and Wojtek fully share my emotions
Your work Stanley again brought beautiful effects. BUT VERY VERY
Thank You. :P :P :P
I think Savi and Wojtek soon they can write about their feelings

Gentlemen weather raging around the world. In recent weeks, in southern Poland has just fell very big rains. In some parts of the country
water halfway up the walls of houses and flood wave running down the Vistula to the Baltic Sea and looked very scary, but fortunately did not break shafts

Stanley Fish beauty, it never caught in the wild, but the stories of the lucky
struggling madly quite like the Golden Dorado, Paray and Giant Wolf Fish
BUT WILL BE EMOTIONS :lol:

In Poland, has a protective dimension of 70cm (~27 inch) and can take one fish from the fishery in weeks (but why?) In poland grow up to 120cm ( 47 inch) and can weigh about 40kg (~ 88 pound) :P

Thank STANLEY :P

Regards

Andrzej

Ps. https://www.google.pl/search?q=hucho+hu ... 9&tbm=isch
Jyndrek

Postby Savi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Stanley , Hi Roger:

I also never caught Hucho - but I have seen struggle with the incredibly brave fish. It was really a great emotion and the fight itself lasted more than an hour (beautiful river Dunajec, below the National Park).
Anglers they tell the legend of the giant specimens have never managed to catch. And seeing broken equipment can not believe it.

And your projects are just great, can not wait to hunt the fish in our game!

Best
Savi
Savi

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Jyndrek, Savi,Wojtek and Everyone:

Tonight I got the Hucho Hucho swimming in my fish pond. I must say the fish looks very strong and impressive. Should be a lot of fun to catch!

Here are some pictures of the fish and caught pictures. Do you guys think these will be OK? Please let me know.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jyndrek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Stanley and Everyone; :P

IS GREAT

The effect of your work allows the legs, created a beautiful fish, will be a great spikes over water
May not WAIT ALREADY :lol:

and maybe the name of the fish with the Polish fishing jargon

" JUMPING GLOWATKA"

Regards All ,

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Savi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 am

Hi Stanley and Everyone;

As he wrote Jyndrek,it looks great - very, very great :D That's what you did is really a good job!

JUMPING GLOWATKA - It is a good idea, unless you prefer to use the scientific names? It's such a more realistic, as in the case of names Cardinal (grayling).

Regards
Savi
Savi

Postby Jyndrek » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 am

Hi Stanley , Hi Savi and Everyone;

So fast - with the name of the fish is so my digression - maybe would could so :P

" JUMPING HUCHO-HUCHO GLOWATKA"

And the wolf is satisfied and the sheep remains alive :lol:

Regards ,

Andrzej
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:50 am

Hi Jyndrek, Savi and Everyone:

Haha, I like the name Glowatka. It has a nice sound to it. Too keep the name shorter for our program...can we call it Jumping Hucho Glowatka? :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Savi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:09 am

Hi Stanley.
Very nice name :D

Best
Savi
Savi

Postby da3mon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Stanley

Name for me the great photos beautiful fish I have nothing to add. Great Job

Regards
Wojtek
da3mon

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi Jyndrek, Savi, Wojteck and Everyone:

Thanks for the very valuable information of this beautiful fish and suggesting great names....We will call it Jumping Hucho Glowatka in honor of our new members from Poland. Actually input like this makes our RWFF simulator much more authentic and realistic and this is important, and pretty cool! Thanks guys!

According to Wikipedia the Hucho Hucho can grow to a maximum length of 1.5 meters, or 59 inches and can weight nearly 110 lb. That is a huge and powerful fish. However, Jyndrek mentioned in his post that the maximum size in Poland is 47 inches. Maybe for the outings based on Polish waters we can limit the max size to that?

Now that I have the fish done all we need is an outing to put it into. :lol:

Here is a picture of a near world record size Jumping Hucho Glowatka!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby da3mon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Stanley
It is proposed to determine the size to 50 inches (126 cm approximately 49.6 inches this is an unofficial record these fish in Poland before about 16 years). It is possible that one day may someone will net a larger specimen.

Regards
Wojtek
da3mon

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi Wojtek:

A very good suggestion... always leave a little a bit of room on top for that future record. At 50 inches it is still very formidable fish to catch in RWFF, especially a jumping one as they sometimes throw the hook. By the way, what size tackle would the anglers use when they go after the great Hucho Hucho? I would guess something like a heavy Salmon rod?

They also have the Hucho in Japan but is is smaller than the Eastern European ones. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing