Android version released!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Android version released!

Postby paul » Sat May 31, 2014 5:12 am

Hey, folks! The final phases of this project had some complications (what project doesn't?) but the Android version has just released! It's called "Fly Fishing Simulator" and you should be able to find it in the Play Store within the next hour or two. It can take a while for a new release to show up in the app store, but it ought to be... Oh - I see it's midnight here - it's been yet another long day. For those in similar time zones it will be on the Play Store by the time you get up in the morning.

The app is free to download, and it includes 5 sites to fish and limited gear. In app purchases will give you a total of 165 sites on 26 outings and 165 flies. You can buy just the outings you want for $0.99 each, or buy a package deal with all the content and save 50% over the price of buying things separately.

I'd really appreciate some ratings and reviews! The downloads and ratings an app gets in its first few days on the Play Store can make a huge difference in how the app ranks, so please do me a favor and rate the app, even if you just get the free content. I'd really appreciate it!

Tight lines,

Paul 8)
paul
Site Admin

Re: Android version released!

Postby Savi » Sat May 31, 2014 7:07 am

Hi all.
I downloaded versions for Android and play, play, play ....
On the tablet Dell Venue 8 game looks beautifully.
The game runs perfectly, gameplay is very friendly, easy to read tutorial - I hope it will be a great success.

Too bad you can only give 5 stars :D

Tight lines,
Savi
Savi

Postby paul » Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback. Even feedback that points out the weaknesses is more than welcome. But of course finding out that a newly published piece of software is working like it should, and reading praise like that is a true joy.

Tight lines,

Paul

PS - Time for bed. It's about 3:15 AM here now. Why am I still up? Good night all!
paul
Site Admin

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Paul:

I am glad the Flyfishing Simulator is finally out. I downloaded it on my Android Tablet and it looks, and works great! All that hard work has paid off. :P I wish you every success with this new App. Like Savi said, too bad you can only give it 5 stars. It is by far the best flyfishing simulator on the market today. I tried several others and nothing else can compare! :lol:

I have only one suggestion regarding the looks of the fishing scene screen. The line tension bar on the right could be a little smaller and less obvious. Perhaps a smaller size (width), move the bar nearer the top of the screen, and reduced transparency? I said this because the overall scenery looks so serene and perfect that the harshness of the bar's color and size does not blend well with the rest of the screen. Otherwise everything is perfect!

I will download it on my Android phone later this evening and will give it a 5 star rating. The App deserves it!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby paul » Sat May 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Thank you for all your support and for that suggestion! I think you're exactly right about the line tension bar. I'll do something to make it more subtle in the next update.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby jaybo41 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Congratulations on the release of the Android version, I hope it's a big hit for you! I received an email within the past couple of days about the release and saw that an iOS version will be coming soon. Since switching from PC to Mac I've been missing the game I grew so fond of so. Needless to say I can't wait for the iOS release!

Thanks again and good luck!

Jaybo
jaybo41

Postby englishbob » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Just downloaded and paid for the Android App, having had this programme and enjoyed playing it for a number of years now on my P C, I get to enjoy the the same on my tablet. (Samsung 10.1 Note 2014) It runs smoothly, and faultlessly thank you Paul well deserved 5 stars
englishbob

Return to Real World Fly Fishing