New Nelson Spring Creek Video Uploaded..Have a Look!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Nelson Spring Creek Video Uploaded..Have a Look!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone:

I just spent the last three or four days remaking one of my outing that I published back in 2011. The Nelson Spring Creek near Livingston, Montana was one of my all time favorite flyfishing streams. I felt I just had to go back and redo the entire outing with the latest graphics techniques and of course, the jumping trout species. I must say that was quite worthwhile as the new outing turned out really well. I made a short video on this outing and you can have a look via this YouTube link:

http://youtu.be/yaNIecylzDI

I think you'd agree that this is quite an improvement over the last video. Chuck watched the video as soon as I put it up and he made a nice comment on it. Thanks Chuck, we hope to see your smiling face back on the Forum real soon! :lol:

If you like the video please leave some comments and push the "like" button for me. Thanks!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: New Nelson Spring Creek Video Uploaded..Have a Look!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi Stanley,

Haha, yes I happened to be on YouTube when I got the notification that you had posted a new video. Very nicely done outing for sure, I can tell by watching it has a nice feel to it. Can't wait to see it available here and watch you guys take on some nice trout action, though of course would be even better if I could fish it myself. All in due time, right? You keep up your excellent work, and maybe soon we can get back to our little project with the spawning trout!
On a side note, I've been fishing almost daily since the weather got nice. I bring a fly rod with me on every outing in case the opportunity presents itself or if I wanna try something different. Let me tell you, quite a rush when fishing for Smallmouth on the Niagara River and having a 40"+ Musky come out of nowhere and chase your streamer!! He didn't take it though, which I guess is kinda good considering I didn't have a wire leader. Oh who am I kidding, it sucked that he didn't take it LOL!! Also, one of the best things so far is when I went fishing with my cousin at Lake Kirsty and I strictly used the fly rod and my own flies. Nothing big, but I actually out fished my cousin using flies instead of the conventional tackle he was using. He was also very impressed as he never used a fly rod before. I had hooked a nice sized bull Bluegill and handed him the rod to bring it in. He was surprised at how much different it felt.
I also tied a REALLY cool Deer Hair Frog last night. Since this isn't the thread for it, I will post in the Fishing forum for you guys to see. If recent results are any indication, I think this will be a Bass slayer!! Will link when it's up!

Edit: And it's up! I value you guys' opinions, so please leave feedback for me!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5496&p=17401#p17401
Last edited by wyldechylde77 on Wed May 28, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyldechylde77

Re: New Nelson Spring Creek Video Uploaded..Have a Look!

Postby rwwalleye » Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Stanley,
I really liked the beautiful scenery and the water movement, another excellent job. Can't wait to see this one released. I remember the old version and I liked fishing the one a lot. Another excellent job. Roger
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing