Barns' New Zealand Wikatipu Lake...A Winner!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Barns' New Zealand Wikatipu Lake...A Winner!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi Barns and Everyone:

There was a huge thunder storm here tonight and cannot sleep. I downloaded your latest New Zealand lake outing and had a try. Congratulations! I think the Lake Wikatipu outing is one of the best that you have done, at least from a graphics point of view.

The scenes are breathtakingly beautiful and the fish dimpling the quiet surfaces of the lake made them very aesthetically pleasing to look at. The water movement is great and works well with the scenes. Here is a picture of one of the many great scenes.

I tried fishing the outing using 9 ft rod and 8x leader as you suggested and guess what? I think the 8x leader (rated at 1.5 lbs) is way too light for the size of the fish that you have in this outing. Sure, one can hook a fish, go do the laundry, make a cup of coffee and watch the evening news while waiting for the fish to tire itself out but this is no longer real, or fun fishing. I think for this type of fishing something like a 5x leader or even heavier would be more realistic. I haven't tried the Outing Challenge yet but I have a feeling that it will take me well over an hour to do it, that is if I used 8x leader. :lol: Maybe you can do one and see what kind of time you will come up with?

Other than that this outing is a real delight to look at and to fish. Thanks for a great effort! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Barns' New Zealand Wikatipu Lake...A Winner!

Postby rwwalleye » Wed May 21, 2014 12:42 am

Hi Stanley,
That's supposed to be 9 wt. and 2x leader. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:07 am

Hi Roger, Barns and Everyone:

Yup, you are right, my apologies. The lightening must have blinded me for a second. 2x leader would be cool. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Wed May 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Stanley

Nearly fell of my chair at work in fits of laughter, must have been some lightning. Thanks to Roger for saving the day. lol

Thanks for comments on this Stanley, the programme you sent is certainly great for working with.

Please make sure your reels have plenty of backing on them . lol

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Jyndrek » Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi Barns and Everyone:

Congratulations, beautiful and wonderful fish fishery. Thank you

Fish: 27.64 inch BrownTrout from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: TXTSRESBWARSI2684VDZABPEWNWEYMQPTRVSASSNHYBNYRVWQQUNJEVCKNNLW
Fish: 40.24 inch ChinookSalmon from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: COPNXMCYZFGYR5249LYBWATPEJOFOCVNKYEJXUBTYJHNKOSGUZFHYFKTJKQJO
Fish: 27.65 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: NJLQUGICSCIDK3008KHFKQFJFJTDRSGKFNDRDCFJBLTSKWGWFTNGPMSINUAQC
Fish: 12.35 inch Jumping Brown Trout from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: OHWCHWZZHQQDI8680FPUVMAJNEMSWDXAGGMHUBXDSLWBYFIDNPLEZQVDHUUYV
Fish: 10.38 inch Jumping Brown Trout from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: CQKJGPIBZKBIG7261IPYRHNLGCMQWVJNZNTRZTKLFQRJHMMWFXUVJZLHXQRNX
Fish: 18.04 inch Jumping Brown Trout from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: MESRKIGHNDVIB5047HCXDOMPGWEDYQHGHNXESVBVYSMKKDFRVMLBFJBYIWBXF
Fish: 39.20 inch American Eel from Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Code: ZOUPVVQIKHHXA0484YVODBPCRVTIAQDSWLQBUSXUVWPCBSSOPZTPUDNLEFPOE
Challenge: Lake Wakatipu New Zealand; Score: 2970; Code: GYYLLGSUZHKYNZTAWLEEAMEKRDBCZCMNQAEPWVSTCINFYQMDZCDQPPSGNMPCF

Regards, :P

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Return to Real World Fly Fishing